British Speedway Forum

It seems that Sam Masters initially failed on a "technicality". And because of a "new rule". Strange that nobody seems to want to say what this technicality or new rule is though.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1271

TWK

NO!!!

You are a 'Geordie' - that is something entirely different. :wink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And me born in Elswick just off the Scotswood Road. :t::cheers:

Edited by Mad Potter 2
  • Like 1

I guess there must be a bit more detail to it then. Maybe he had old documents or whatever. You get riders joining mid-season sometimes and applying for work permits. You can apply for one any time. So there must be some specific detail missing.

Australian riders? I can't think of any Aussies in recent times who have joined a club mid-season.

Maybe his appeal was too late. You only have a certain amount of time between when you get your refusal and when you can appeal. But you can still re-apply with a new application.

It seems that Sam Masters initially failed on a "technicality". And because of a "new rule". Strange that nobody seems to want to say what this technicality or new rule is though.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1271

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/edinburgh-monarchs-turn-politicians-help-1780536

"The regulations were altered four months ago to make sure those who let their visa expire cannot re-apply for 12 months."

I think that was the situation last year as well. The Aussies riders concerned had let their permits lapse, when the rules stated that they had to renew it before the date. They were refused as the deadline had passed, therefore the rules made them wait another 12 months before reapplying.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/edinburgh-monarchs-turn-politicians-help-1780536

"The regulations were altered four months ago to make sure those who let their visa expire cannot re-apply for 12 months."

Ah right. That's the good old UKBA and their ever changing rules then, which I'm sure they do purely to catch people out so that they can refuse them. It's basically a way of doctoring immigration figures by punishing those who try to do things properly because it's easier than trying to do anything about those who don't.

But if applying for work you ensure you check and meet the desired criteria well in advance, especially after last year..... It's not rocket science surely??

• Like 2

But if applying for work you ensure you check and meet the desired criteria well in advance, especially after last year..... It's not rocket science surely??

Yes, you would think so, but Grachan wouldn't have a gripe about the Immigration Department then.

Yes, you would think so, but Grachan wouldn't have a gripe about the Immigration Department then.

You reckon? There's plenty more where that one came from.

You reckon? There's plenty more where that one came from.

I gather. You never fail to tell us of your own opinion of the immigration system, due to your own circumstances. They are always wrong if it doesn't suit you.

Edited by Tsunami

Presumably the rider needs to get a club to provide the required contract offer before they can apply to renew their visa.

I don't understand why Somerset wouldn't have just got Doyle a multi year visa last year rather than making him apply every year.

I gather. You never fail to tell us of your own opinion of the immigration system, due to you own circumstances. They are always wrong if it doesn't suit you.

You're a sweet-talking old charmer Tsunami... :rofl:

You're a sweet-talking old charmer Tsunami... :rofl:

Hiya stalker. You OK. :P