British Speedway Forum
PTDragons

Speedway In Wales

Who is going to be remotely interested in Carmarthen anyway? Awful track and very few paying fans!

Those "very few paying fans"! Would, I think be interested.

Just because you aren't interested, you need to remember - others might be. :nono: :nono:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Who is going to be remotely interested in Carmarthen anyway? Awful track and very few paying fans!

Those "very few paying fans"! Would, I think be interested.

Just because you aren't interested, you need to remember - others might be. :nono: :nono:

Not sure about the 'awful track' quote (BuckTaylor64). Yes few fans went there, which is why it eventually had to close, despite the terrific efforts of the Meakins'.

I have to say, I always enjoyed my trips to Carmarthen, supporting the Newcaslte Gems and the Individual Meeting they held after the GP at Cardiff.

The Promotion even found the time to come across and say "Thank you for coming." A few promotions could take a leaf out of that book, in my opinion.

if anybody is interest in speedway in wale/newport why not look at the redundant car auction site across the road from the old hayley stadium it is certainly big enough and i think suitable.

Edited by gogetter

if anybody is interest in speedway in wale/newport why not look at the redundant car auction site across the road from the old hayley stadium it is certainly big enough and i think suitable.

Sadly, that ship has sailed!

Not sure PW, but perhaps the Slough Rangers, cycle speedway team, may have hosted an England v Wales test, sadly I believe they are now defunct, unlike the mighty motorcycle version, which goes from strength to strength! :approve:

Slough Rangers cycle speedway team: not a lot seems to be known about them on the sport's official site. Can anyone help please?

http://www.cyclespeedwayhistory.org.uk/2021.shtml

Slough Rangers cycle speedway team: not a lot seems to be known about them on the sport's official site. Can anyone help please?

He gets worse. :mad::lol:

Not sure PW, but perhaps the Slough Rangers, cycle speedway team, may have hosted an England v Wales test, sadly I believe they are now defunct, unlike the mighty motorcycle version, which goes from strength to strength! :approve:

He gets worse. :mad::lol:

You're another one who can't wait to jump on my comments. I didn't raise the original mention of the Slough Rangers cycle speedway team. But obviously "it's a gustix post so let's the blame him!" :icon_smile_clown:

Why the hell do the mods allow post about "Slough Speedway" to be posted? it has a thread in the General Section that frankly shouldn't be there and if thats not bad enough we have to put up with pointless, inane comment about "Slough Speedway" on other threads. It wasn't funny in the first place it's now just annoying.

And to think we had to stop talking about betting on the meeting threads as it was upsetting people, it was totally relevant to the meeting, more so that fake speedway teams.

Why the hell do the mods allow post about "Slough Speedway" to be posted? it has a thread in the General Section that frankly shouldn't be there and if thats not bad enough we have to put up with pointless, inane comment about "Slough Speedway" on other threads. It wasn't funny in the first place it's now just annoying.

And to think we had to stop talking about betting on the meeting threads as it was upsetting people, it was totally relevant to the meeting, more so that fake speedway teams.

I agree with you. Sadly, many other threads on the BSF tend to go deviate from their initial theme.

I agree with you. Sadly, many other threads on the BSF tend to go deviate from their initial theme.

Years ago someone started a thread as to whether there was any speedway in Slough and would it be on SKY. It was simply a p1ss take response to the countless brain dead questions as to whether SKY were showing matches and a particular poster giving the forum his location for a given evening as Slough and wanting to know where he could find some local speedway.

It was very funny for a week or so but one or two carried it on ad infinitum well past the point of funny and into merely annoying.

Now one of the forums less intelligent posters has made reference to it in a totally unrelated thread meaning if you hadn't seen the original you would (as you did) wonder what the hell he was wittering on about.

Years ago someone started a thread as to whether there was any speedway in Slough and would it be on SKY. It was simply a p1ss take response to the countless brain dead questions as to whether SKY were showing matches and a particular poster giving the forum his location for a given evening as Slough and wanting to know where he could find some local speedway.

It was very funny for a week or so but one or two carried it on ad infinitum well past the point of funny and into merely annoying.

Now one of the forums less intelligent posters has made reference to it in a totally unrelated thread meaning if you hadn't seen the original you would (as you did) wonder what the hell he was wittering on about.

I am not a legal professional Oldace, but to state Slough Speedway does not exist, I wonder whether it could be classed as slander? Unless having to shower in one of her majesty's establishments, is not a concern to you!

• Like 1

I am not a legal professional Oldace, but to state Slough Speedway does not exist, I wonder whether it could be classed as slander? Unless having to shower in one of her majesty's establishments, is not a concern to you!

See what I mean

• Like 1

Looking at recent Posts - have we now dropped what the thread title indicates - 'Speedway in Wales'?

Looking at recent Posts - have we now dropped what the thread title indicates - 'Speedway in Wales'?

Do you never learn. If you have something to say about speedway in Wales the say it.

How do you go on down the pub? Does your group pick subjects to talk about with the only conversation allowed to be on that subject or does conversation naturally flow from one subject to another. It is exactly the same in a forum/chat room.

Stop being a prat and say something of interest (for once)

• Like 2

Do you never learn. If you have something to say about speedway in Wales the say it.

How do you go on down the pub? Does your group pick subjects to talk about with the only conversation allowed to be on that subject or does conversation naturally flow from one subject to another. It is exactly the same in a forum/chat room.

Stop being a prat and say something of interest (for once)

Read Posts more carefully. I was trying to bring back the thread to Speedway in Wales. I do understand the practice of debating on forums - elsewhere I moderate on four of them.

I have already on this thread debated on Speedway in Wales - look back. I brought to note that there was a Wales v England test series (of sorts in 1929). Does that count in your estimation? Or shall I trend to debate under your theory of "moving from one subject to another" about that unlikely venue to the west of London. :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest