British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Who Was The Best Rider In The World In 2013?

Average over the GP'S raced individually Ward would have been World Champion.

Wrong. Superguest worked out round by round, have copied and pasted below.

Plus if my Auntie had dangly things she would be my uncle.

NZ Darcy scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

NZ Tai scores 9 from 6 (7th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Tai scores 14 from 7 (4th place)

Gothenburg GP Darcy scores 0 from 2 (16th place)

Gothenburg GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

Prague GP Darcy DNR

Prague GP Tai scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Cardiff GP Darcy DNR

Cardiff GP Tai scores 7 from 3 rides (9th place)

Gorzow GP Darcy DNR

Gorzow GP Tai scores 12 from 7 (3rd place)

Copenhagen GP Darcy scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Copenhagen GP Tai scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Darcy scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Tai scores 18 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Darcy scores 13 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Tai scores 15 from 7 (3rd place) * podium 2nd in scores

Slovenian GP Darcy scores 10 from 6 (6th place)

Slovenian GP Tai scores 17 from 7 (2nd place) * podium 1st in scores

Stockholm GP Darcy scores 15 from 6 (5th place) podium, joint 2nd in scores

Stockholm GP Tai scores 7 from 5 (10th place)

Torun GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Torun GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (6th place)

Darcy scores 106 from 52 rides = 2.038

Tai scores 151 from 74 rides = 2.04

Which by the same logic/average makes Chris Holder the best rider in the EL in 2013!! :t:

That's not the discussion. Although a cursory glance at the Speedway Star reveals Tai Woffinden as the No 1 in the averages on 9.93.

Of course that includes Elite League, Elite Shield and Play off matches. As Tai only rode in EL matches, his figure remains 9.93.

Did Holder better that in just EL outings, or combined? No he didn't.

Look in the history books. They will show who was crowned World Champion in 2013.

For sure Darcy et al won't be thinking they were the best. For them second place is first loser. The want gold medals only.

Edited by Double Up
  • Like 2

Stupid question, the stats quite clearly say it's Woffy, Darcy may have the talent, but won't be champion until he grows up.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1

Hang on didn't someone on here think David Howe was going to be World Champion?

There's always someone though...

I agree with the vast majority you have written but PLEASE see beyond the tat's etc. Did Jason Crump's eyebrow piercing make him a bad person? It's 2014 not 1914 and surely he should be judged for how he performed on track and to a degree with his antics off track that include raising a pretty good amount for charity. Not only is he World Champion but our first since 2013 lets give him him all round support rather than highlight what some people seem to think is socially unacceptable but is revered as body art.

Whoa.......steady on there Westhamboy! I may not like his tattoos, but where did I suggest Tai was a bad person or that his choice in body art was "socially unacceptable"? Indeed I thought I had judged him for his performance - to quote my own post "...he put in one hell of a lot of work off track, is unquestionably the most improved rider of 2013 and a deserving World Champ to boot.. "

Edited by Man in black

The best rider in the world at present is the no 1 and that is Tai, others may be more exciting or had injuries that stopped there season from being better, but every one remembers the World Champ, the rest were who he beat. Next year ??????

Edited by tidgy
  • Like 1

didnt anyone WATCH the GPs or did i just dream that tia was crowned WORLD champion. in 2013...

• Like 2

so, another thread has been started because fans dont believe tia was the beast rider in the world.. hence, he is world champion in 2013..

• Like 1

There's always someone though...

That's true, our local journo has K Bjerre down as 2014 world champion.

Lolly Badcock, what a rider.

Well my thread had bought a lot of discussion and surprise surprise its only Poole fans that don't think Tai was the best rider in the world last year. Can't believe Mr Shovlar hadn't commented as he was adamant it was only me and Stevebrum who felt this way! Come on Shovvy come on the thread and tell everyone else they are wrong as well. Or will you stay in hiding\ on holiday/ at work / computer not working any excuse. It is opinion but the facts say Darcy isn't at Tai's level and I would guess that 95% of the fans on here agree( we don't count children by the way argotron)

• Like 1

It is interesting that others put other logic to make a reasoned response.However you address it Tai comes out highly if not top in virtually all equations.Which of course is a very simplistic response to the thread title.

Steve brum - I cant figure out why you quoted me before posting this?

The best rider in the world at present is the no 1 and that is Tai, others may be more exciting or had injuries that stopped there season from being better, but every one remembers the World Champ, the rest were who he beat. Next year ??????

Tbf, tai was probably the best rider in the world 2013. We, re now 2014 so it doesn't automatically follow that he is still the best rider in the world.

Well my thread had bought a lot of discussion and surprise surprise its only Poole fans that don't think Tai was the best rider in the world last year. Can't believe Mr Shovlar hadn't commented as he was adamant it was only me and Stevebrum who felt this way! Come on Shovvy come on the thread and tell everyone else they are wrong as well. Or will you stay in hiding\ on holiday/ at work / computer not working any excuse. It is opinion but the facts say Darcy isn't at Tai's level and I would guess that 95% of the fans on here agree( we don't count children by the way argotron)

I am no poole fan, but statistically jarek hampel was better than tai last year (appreciate that even stats are subjective, but both henry and I did ressonably extensive stat anakysis and both had hampel as top). Secondly, while stats show tai clearly outperformed Darcy last year, that doesnt mean tai is the better rider. Better in 2013 yes. But darcy had been far better in preceding seasons. So who is the better rider is a subjective opinion, id actually go with darcy, though he hasnt yet had a season as good as tais 2013.

• Like 1