British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Best Pairs

Well even before the final I must take exception to the commentary of Jack whoever.

Don't get me wrong, it is superb that the coverage is given, but who is this sexist?

Continually giving sexist comments about the start girls and giving commentary on a different race that is going on, don't start on the knowledge reference also.

Anyone who ever complained about Skysports presenters or commentary must be livid about this person.

Incidentally the racing was poor and very little passing, much gate and go and occasional mistake by trying too hard by several riders.

Jack and Sam clearly outdone Samantha Fox and Mick Fleetwood and their infamous hosting of the Brit Awards a few years back.

Fair play to these guys it's taken all night but they've finally figured out the rules in the last race. First and last is not better than second and third

EDIT: When was the competition renamed the Speedway Pairs Eurosport Cup

Edited by FrankThePug

Very, very pleased with that win for Holder and Ward and now that they've got the Polish round out of the way surely they are now favourites? Not sure Darcy intended that sudden spurt forward though lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Good final. Thanks for the company folks. Still a bloody freezing USA with more snow forecast for tonight, so a very enjoyable way to pass a Friday afternoon. Till the next time. Best wishes to all. Alan.

Well even before the final I must take exception to the commentary of Jack whoever.

Don't get me wrong, it is superb that the coverage is given, but who is this sexist?

Continually giving sexist comments about the start girls

Yawn.

What were his 'sexist' comments then? That they looked nice?

You might not be aware, that's their job.

Edited by BWitcher

Nickis gone soft leaving such a big gap!

Not sure Darcy intended that sudden spurt forward though lol.

Tut tut - I thought talk of Darcys sudden spurts were banned on this forum! lol

Some pretty good racing but it's quit clear that many of the riders does not really understand the team concept and just ride for themselves rather proper team riding.

Latvia, Miedzinski and Jonsson were disppointments but Smolinski rode very well and Lindbäck seems to have found his 2012 form again.

Very, very pleased with that win for Holder and Ward and now that they've got the Polish round out of the way surely they are now favourites? Not sure Darcy intended that sudden spurt forward though lol.

Isn't Round 2 on May 10 at Landshut ? Maybe it'll be Holder & Batchelor that evening, given its Eastbourne vs Poole the same night.

Fair play to these guys it's taken all night but they've finally figured out the rules in the last race. First and last is not better than second and third

EDIT: When was the competition renamed the Speedway Pairs Eurosport Cup

As far as i can see looking at all the official sites it's pretty much unanimously emblazoned title is 'Best Pairs Cup' and often shortened to 'Best Pairs'.

Jack and Sam clearly outdone Samantha Fox and Mick Fleetwood and their infamous hosting of the Brit Awards a few years back.

Eurosport should give our friend Dave Goddard a call.

Isn't Round 2 on May 10 at Landshut ? Maybe it'll be Holder & Batchelor that evening, given its Eastbourne vs Poole the same night.

That's a thought as the BSPA have refused British riders permission to participate (i think), or at least their team not be allowed to use a guest? Not sure someone else will likely know for sure.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Oooh Jack nearly.. nearly.. came out with a classic then..

"Girls, you should never trust guys with champagne.."... now if only he'd said a bottle. :)

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 5

Eurosport should give our friend Dave Goddard a call.

So should Sky, i'm sure he's up to doing both jobs lol. Ok i'm off out for the night i thought it was a enjoyable meeting just a shame so many fans did not turn up, although i guess that's due to it being televised.