British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Best Pairs

Felt real sorry for Sam, he spent the first part of the meeting trying to correct all of Jack Burnicle's errors, then seemed to give it up as a pointless exercise.

However, he found time to add to the normal Ermolenko dictionary of words such as straightaway, high-line, and raceway with an excellent new contribution - broadsliding.

Nice one, Sam.

Felt real sorry for Sam, he spent the first part of the meeting trying to correct all of Jack Burnicle's errors, then seemed to give it up as a pointless exercise.

However, he found time to add to the normal Ermolenko dictionary of words such as straightaway, high-line, and raceway with an excellent new contribution - broadsliding.

Nice one, Sam.

Those words are not 'Ermolenko dictionary'. Its standard American speech. Watch a Nascar race and the drivers refer to the straightaways.

Dont understand why bsi dont run a eorld title pairs event.

Maybe because they think there isn't an appetite for it?

The meeting evidenced that.. despite massive promotion, 5 Torun riders on show the stadium was less than half full.

It would be full for a SWC meeting or a GP.

Maybe because they think there isn't an appetite for it?

The meeting evidenced that.. despite massive promotion, 5 Torun riders on show the stadium was less than half full.

It would be full for a SWC meeting or a GP.

You would expect a better attendance though if it was a genuine world title at stake surely? Just as you would expect a gp to outsell a sec event?

Surely you would sell out a gb vrnue - excluding cardiff - or get a good turn out in poland for a sanctioned pairs titke event? I could be wrong but would love to see it back on the cslendar.

It just shows how far British speedway has come over the years, that now we don't even bother to send a team to compete in the top pairs, is it that we no longer care, or is it we havn't got a good enough pair to send.

I honestly thought that most of the team riding was very poor. With one rider, blasting off to the front, with his team mate stuggling to catch him up, 20 or so yards behind, with the other pair breathing down his neck.

Ward tried his best to get Holder to ride the inside line but he seemed to be fighting a losing battle at times.

Has the skill of true team riding gone out of the window.

I think that British speedway needs to get its act together and lets hope that the new reserve pairings in the EL bring on some good riders in a year or so. Because we are so far behind the rest of the worlds riders now. That British riders are a joke.

What ever happened. We had some of the best riders then it all started to turn pear shaped.

It just shows how far British speedway has come over the years, that now we don't even bother to send a team to compete in the top pairs, is it that we no longer care, or is it we havn't got a good enough pair to send.

It's because it's an unofficial event, added in after the official fixtures have been produced.

You're right though, Britain hasn't got anyone competitive. Our best rider is so far behind the rest of the worlds riders isn't he.

Edited by BWitcher

It's because it isn't an official competition just a glorified series of challenge meetings.

The Brits have decided to ignore it rather than suffer more disruption to the league season.

I honestly thought that most of the team riding was very poor. With one rider, blasting off to the front, with his team mate stuggling to catch him up, 20 or so yards behind, with the other pair breathing down his neck.

There were certainly very few examples of good team riding in the meeting.

I was shocked at Emil leaving Artem to fend for himself in their last race. Did I miss something or would they have knocked the Aussies out if they had taken a 7-2 from that race?

The Australians were the ones that seemed to be looking for each other the most, so maybe deserving that they won this event.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

Think you're a bit confused as to what this meeting is. It's not a World event, nor a FIM event, nor an ACU recognised event.

Complaining that we haven't sent any riders to compete in a Polish company's privately promoted event is a bit like complaining that the Poles haven't sent any riders to compete in the Tyne-Tweed trophy!

• Like 2

Midland, a pairs meeting is solely about the team riding not about one rider doing "solo raids".

• Like 3

Think you're a bit confused as to what this meeting is. It's not a World event, nor a FIM event, nor an ACU recognised event.

Complaining that we haven't sent any riders to compete in a Polish company's privately promoted event is a bit like complaining that the Poles haven't sent any riders to compete in the Tyne-Tweed trophy!

we send riders to ride in the GP's thats an english company privately promoted ,

we send riders to ride in the GP's thats an english company privately promoted ,

Yeah, but it's an official FIM competition, something that John mentioned in the first line of his post!
  • Like 2

As others have said, its an official FIM Competition to decide the champion of the World.

• Like 2

Sportowefakty are giving the points carried forward as follows(not 10 for the win but 8)

Tabela SBPC:

M Kraj I II III Suma 1 Australia 8 8 2 Dania 6 6 3 Polska 4 4 4 Szwecja 3 3 5 Rosja 2 2 6 Łotwa 1 1 7 Niemcy 0 0

Jack was right Sportowefakty wrong

1 Australia 10

2 Denmark 8

3 Poland 6

4 Sweden 4

5 Russia 3

6 Latvia 2

7 Germany 1

Great to have speedway back on tv, (my money does not stretch to sky sports !), enjoyed the meeting so much I watched the highlights again last night, unlike some on here, I don't have any interest whether its official or unofficial, it's speedway, 4 blokes on bikes doing 4 laps anti clockwise on a track, why complicate it with politics ?, loosen up guys theres more important things happening in the world, enjoy your leisure time not continually arguing about it.

• Like 1

i could get used to Jack Barnicle, he's no worse than Millard but the big negative from these 'commentator in a studio' events is that there's no sound (hence no atmoshere) transmitted from the track. It's just as if there was a wasp behind your curtains.

Eurosport could do a lot better with this. Sky fixed the sound ok when Millard pretended to be at trackside in Denmark or Poland when a couple hours earlier he had been commentating on Brighton v Somebody football match.

Jack Burnicle usually does the World Superbikes and British Superbikes on Eurosport accompanied by Jamie Whitham who does a fair job of keeping him in order.

he also does Ice Speedway, he is quite good actually.

Great to have speedway back on tv, (my money does not stretch to sky sports !), enjoyed the meeting so much I watched the highlights again last night, unlike some on here, I don't have any interest whether its official or unofficial, it's speedway, 4 blokes on bikes doing 4 laps anti clockwise on a track, why complicate it with politics ?, loosen up guys theres more important things happening in the world, enjoy your leisure time not continually arguing about it.

It was an OK Open meeting, and nothing else, don't forget our World Champion wasn't riding. A shame. Edited by Sgt.Hartsock