British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

At least with some official practice/training you wouldn't then get riders turning up for the actual competition - and testing out engines - or would you? And if you did, what action would be taken?

What is the point then? You said I was dreaming earlier when I suggested a collective practice /training day(s) but haven't said why.

I'm not talking about beating the Poles, Danes or Aussies yet but we should be beating the Yanks and Latvia, and to that end we need to be as prepared as possible to give us every chance, which means training sessions, test matches and any other get-togethers which van be arranged.

Time for 'can do' attitudes rather than can't do.

Yeh, im very much all for can do attitudes, but refere back to my post, 192. As for preparation, thats solely down to the riders. If they cannot prepare properly for a meeting then they shouldn't be riding. Simple.. And if there was half a sniff that a rider was testing an Engine he'd be gone, quick smart... But for those to come on here and totally blame Neil for Team GB's failings are totally wrong and out of order..

Edited by Starman2006

At least with some official practice/training you wouldn't then get riders turning up for the actual competition - and testing out engines - or would you? And if you did, what action would be taken?

I assume you are talking about Cook.....in what context was he testing engines? Was it to find extra speed for his next league match or did he turn up not knowing which bike to use for the event? If its the former then I'm not suprised he was dropped for the Race Off.

The rider has a large amount of responsibility to turn up for such an important event prepared (I'm guessing the practice on the day was the first time Cook had ridden at Lynn in 2013) but if you were the team manager would you not get everybody together for a few days of practice and make sure they all know what kind of engine is required for the event and how to set it up etc? Personally I'd leave nothing to chance.

Yeh, im very much all for can do attitudes, but refere back to my post, 192. As for preparation, thats solely down to the riders. If they cannot prepare properly for a meeting then they shouldn't be riding. Simple.. And if there was half a sniff that a rider was testing an Engine he'd be gone, quick smart... But for those to come on here and totally blame Neil for Team GB's failings are totally wrong and out of order..

Nobody is totally blaming Middlo but he has to take a large share of the responsibility for the disastrous SWC last year. Post 192 tells me nothing, you said there was no chance of a team practice but can't tell me why.

If I was the manager of Team GB I'd pick a squad of ten at the start of the season and at the first opportunity I'd get the Norfolk Arena booked for three days, get Buster to prepare the track as it will be on SWC night and make sure everybody knows exactly how to set their bikes up and how to ride the track properly. I'd also pick the best four of five youngsters to get involved to so they know what to expect for future years and make sure there was a good team spirit so that come the event everybody is working for eachother and knows whats at stake.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

I assume you are talking about Cook.....in what context was he testing engines? Was it to find extra speed for his next league match or did he turn up not knowing which bike to use for the event? If its the former then I'm not suprised he was dropped for the Race Off.

The rider has a large amount of responsibility to turn up for such an important event prepared (I'm guessing the practice on the day was the first time Cook had ridden at Lynn in 2013) but if you were the team manager would you not get everybody together for a few days of practice and make sure they all know what kind of engine is required for the event and how to set it up etc? Personally I'd leave nothing to chance.

Nobody is totally blaming Middlo but he has to take a large share of the responsibility for the disastrous SWC last year. Post 192 tells me nothing, you said there was no chance of a team practice but can't tell me why.

If I was the manager of Team GB I'd pick a squad of ten at the start of the season and at the first opportunity I'd get the Norfolk Arena booked for three days, get Buster to prepare the track as it will be on SWC night and make sure everybody knows exactly how to set their bikes up and how to ride the track properly. I'd also pick the best four of five youngsters to get involved to so they know what to expect for future years and make sure there was a good team spirit so that come the event everybody is working for eachother and knows whats at stake.

In an ideal World... But this is Britain we are talking about, not poland Denmark or Australia...

So I repeat, if the Danes can organise exactly what I've described on a track in this country, why can't we?

So I repeat, if the Danes can organise exactly what I've described on a track in this country, why can't we?

I also repeat, this is Britain, ask the Danes why they can readily do it....

Edited by Starman2006

In an ideal World... But this is Britain we are talking about, not poland Denmark or Australia...

Denmark done there practice in Britain .

• Like 1

No, you're telling us GB can't do it. Tell us why or we'll all just accept it's you talking crap again.

No, you're telling us GB can't do it. Tell us why or we'll all just accept it's you talking crap again.

Why don't you find out for yourself, give the BSPA a ring. The Number will be in your little black book.... Another BSF troll who needs to be banned...

Denmark done there practice in Britain .

Yeh on practice day...

So frustrating Starman F..k the health and safety local residents having to much clout noise curfews ( ect) Why can't our riders practice at least three times in a week it really bugs me, Scunny do it young riders get a go the curfew laws over here are a joke unless that changes i don't believe thing,s will ever change. Edited by sidney

So what do you think the problem would be ? Chapman wouldn't allow them to use the track ? That is the only conceivable problem and even that seems unlikely.

Could it be Muddlo just didn't think of anything like that ? One thing we have learned about Muddlo following hi public comments about Darcy's indicretions, and especially since he has been on twitter is that he can't handle any sort of criticism or complaint, talks a good fight but is very slapdash in his approach to many things. When the TM lacks leadership qualities he is not going to get the best out of his riders, hence the poor performance against USA and Latvia.

• Like 2

Yeh on practice day...

No, in March FFS............

Why don't you find out for yourself, give the BSPA a ring. The Number will be in your little black book.... Another BSF troll who needs to be banned...

Yeh on practice day...

And ? would it be called something else if team gb done it ...like a practice morning or afternoon ?

So what do you think the problem would be ? Chapman wouldn't allow them to use the track ? That is the only conceivable problem and even that seems unlikely.

Could it be Muddlo just didn't think of anything like that ? One thing we have learned about Muddlo following hi public comments about Darcy's indicretions, and especially since he has been on twitter is that he can't handle any sort of criticism or complaint, talks a good fight but is very slapdash in his approach to many things. When the TM lacks leadership qualities he is not going to get the best out of his riders, hence the poor performance against USA and Latvia.

Then lets see Rosco give Buster Chapman a ring. Yeh right ok, then lets wait and see what Rosco does sha'l we....

Edited by Starman2006

Tell you what, all clubs have a P&P day. Why don't team GB have a P&P day? That that work?