British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

“I’ve given Tai the captaincy, I just thought that Bomber didn’t have the best of seasons last year and so I’ve taken the pressure off him to let him focus on himself a little bit."

So Tai is only captain because Rosco thinks that Harris needs a break, not on merit?

“I’ve given Tai the captaincy, I just thought that Bomber didn’t have the best of seasons last year and so I’ve taken the pressure off him to let him focus on himself a little bit."

So Tai is only captain because Rosco thinks that Harris needs a break, not on merit?

Think you will find its Rosco's way of being diplomatic. Of course its on merit and also because Harris might perform better just concentrating on himself more.

Well I think this is a positive start from Roscoe. I believe that he has tried to strike a balance between youth and experience - everyone starts with a clean sheet.

Success won't come overnight - but giving some youngsters a chance cannot do any harm in my opinion.

Good luck Roscoe - I really do hope you succeed in reviving 'Great Britain''s Speedway fortunes. We really have been in the doldrums for far too long.

First good bit of news is that Rosco doesnt pick Kennett in a 1-7 or reserve yet Middlo though he was one of our best 4 riders

Aah but he 'hasn't excluded anybody for the time being'!!!

Aah but he 'hasn't excluded anybody for the time being'!!!

Nor should he.

With the GB team selection, don't think they are going to rip up many trees. We really have no one over here bar TW that can put up a show against the rest of the world. The Ben Fund race is at my home track and was thinking of taking the grandson to it.

Might wait until the first race meeting against Wolves, to see TW in action. Would not want the team GB managers job for all the tea in China. What a sorry state our British speedway riders are these days. Just hope that one day soon we will have a fighting chance against the rest of the worlds best. But at present we are a group of also rans. Hope this idea with the reserves bring on some new talent as we badly need it. Personaly think that Bomber Harris is past his best now.

So thats where Neil went wrong, he should have fielded 8 riders... :rofl:

• Like 1

So thats where Neil went wrong, he should have fielded 8 riders... :rofl:

No - just the right 4!
  • Like 1

No - just the right 4!

And what 4 out of the 8 would that be... :rofl:

And what 4 out of the 8 would that be... :rofl:

Well, certainly not Kennett!!

Well I think this is a positive start from Roscoe. I believe that he has tried to strike a balance between youth and experience - everyone starts with a clean sheet.

Neil did the same, but it didn't work, why? Because we havn't got the depth of proper, INTERNATIONAL riders that other countries have. Yes, you've got to start somewhere, but if anybody expects us to pull up tree's they are dreaming..

Well beating Latvia and USA would be a start :)