British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Pre-season International Speedway Cup

None at all! So will it be a Kings Lynn Select/Guest team then?

So why there is suggestion -"it's a shame the pair of them will pull out of the testimonial" ?

and Risager has done just what for British Speedway ? He shouldn't even be having a meeting .

I'm with you on this one tell me how any rider deserves a testimonial that hasn't completed 10 years for one team there nearly all on the same ban wagon we will appear for any number of teams for 10 years and we will get a testimonial none of them are bothered about loyalty

Edited by 5 FURROW

So why there is suggestion -"it's a shame the pair of them will pull out of the testimonial" ?

I only said 'Shame for Risager!!!'.

With this 'Pre-Season Cup' meeting now only on the Saturday it might dissuade some KL supporters from attending Risager's meeting depending where NKI and Bjerre decide (or are forced) to ride!!?

Go to Ipswich! You're having a laugh aren't ya :-)

Absolutely, you'll never catch me in that poop hole unless the Stars team are the visitors :lol:

Absolutely, you'll never catch me in that poop hole unless the Stars team are the visitors :lol:

Witches vs stars in a pre season challenge would be good wouldn't it?

As for 'poop hole' take it you not been lately then.......

• Like 2

As for 'poop hole' take it you not been lately then.......

Correct, not since the Stars last visited. It could look like Wembley but it will always be a poop hole to me just like the Showground :lol:

3 team tournament!!! Pride of the East :-) Ipswich, Lynn, Boro!

3 team tournament!!! Pride of the East :-) Ipswich, Lynn, Boro!

I'd take that. But do the panthers get andersen and the witches Nicholls for the night to make it interesting 😎

I'd take that. But do the panthers get andersen and the witches Nicholls for the night to make it interesting

Yep, it's a deal :)

Taken from http://speedwaygp.com/

World No.2 Jaroslaw Hampel and Sweden’s Andreas Jonsson could make rare appearances in the UK as Zielona Gora reportedly plan a pre-season clash with King’s Lynn on March 19.
Polish organiser Team Player Management had planned to stage a two-day tournament at Peterborough until the club withdrew from the Elite League and moved into the Premier.
But according to Falubaz.com, the meeting will now be a one-off event at King’s Lynn with Hampel, Jonsson, former Stars rider and Falubaz captain Piotr Protasiewicz and World Under-21 champ Patryk Dudek all lined up to race.
With Elite League sides considerably weaker than their Ekstraliga counterparts, it is believed King’s Lynn will be able to draft in some star guests alongside SGP regulars Niels-Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre to match the might of the tourists.

So now looks like its been changed to the Wednesday?

thank you british promoters. The date has now changed to the Wednesday becuase of British Speedway Promoters. They really dont care about fans and the sport. I now will not be going as i live over 4 hrs away. I was so looking forward to it as well. No wonder speedway in this country is crap.

I'd say the opposite if it is the case that British Promoters have changed the date. Why? well there are 4 fixtures that are in the calender:

Eastbourne - Joonas Kylmakorpi Testimonial
Plymouth - British U21 Semi Final .
Workington v Newcastle Ian Thomas Shield
Ipswich - Morten Risager Testimonial .
Surely these should take precedent over a fixture that has been "requested" by a Polish club? May have been different if Sky had actually been involved in the original tournament but that doesn't seem the case.
  • Like 2

Taken from http://speedwaygp.com/

World No.2 Jaroslaw Hampel and Sweden’s Andreas Jonsson could make rare appearances in the UK as Zielona Gora reportedly plan a pre-season clash with King’s Lynn on March 19.
Polish organiser Team Player Management had planned to stage a two-day tournament at Peterborough until the club withdrew from the Elite League and moved into the Premier.
But according to Falubaz.com, the meeting will now be a one-off event at King’s Lynn with Hampel, Jonsson, former Stars rider and Falubaz captain Piotr Protasiewicz and World Under-21 champ Patryk Dudek all lined up to race.
With Elite League sides considerably weaker than their Ekstraliga counterparts, it is believed King’s Lynn will be able to draft in some star guests alongside SGP regulars Niels-Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre to match the might of the tourists.

So now looks like its been changed to the Wednesday?

There's nothing different to this report from Paul Burbidge that wasn't in the most recent Polish announcement - except it's missing the word Saturday!! The Polish press release stated , Saturday 19th March!!?? :shock::shock:

I'm starting to wonder if we're not making any announcements on this meeting because it's going to be a 'behind closed doors' event.

If not, this is a meeting our promotion should be jumping up and down about. People prefer team over individual meetings and there is genuine class in this one and there will be people that will come from miles around I'm sure.

• Like 1