British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

6 Of The 15 Gp In El Next Season

Oh get real... that bomb will be ticking for an awful lot longer and their bubble will never burst! It certainly can't get any worse over there than it already is over here. People don't get paid all the time in all lines of work. There could be many reasons. A poor cash flow for example doesn't mean there isn't good money. Polish speedway is a million times better in almost every way. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

British Speedway, even in the events of Belle Vue v Poole are yet to sink to the levels that Polish Speedway sank too last season in their play-off final.

Oh get real... that bomb will be ticking for an awful lot longer and their bubble will never burst! It certainly can't get any worse over there than it already is over here. People don't get paid all the time in all lines of work. There could be many reasons. A poor cash flow for example doesn't mean there isn't good money. Polish speedway is a million times better in almost every way. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If our promoters invested in training & stadium facilities rather than big name riders we'd eventually end up with a similar product.

• Like 2

British Speedway, even in the events of Belle Vue v Poole are yet to sink to the levels that Polish Speedway sank too last season in their play-off final.

If our promoters invested in training & stadium facilities rather than big name riders we'd eventually end up with a similar product.

I'd rather have a year of brilliant speedway with all the best names in the sport and have the play offs ruined than the "product" over here.

We did have a similar product over here for years and years until the promoters ruined it.

Torun have a super team, and will win many matches by 40+ points. Will it be great speedway? People on here winge like crazy when one team is seen to be so much stronger than the rest, but Poland do it and wow.....aren't they good.

Of the stars who are missing, I think only Holder, Emil and Hampel are really missed in making our product a lot better. The guy I would really want to see is Laguta, he is totally crazy!

I have a feeling that Lindgren will be back somewhere in the UK come June.

Some of our promoters, Buster Chapman, are investing in their stadiums and training!

• Like 1

But the vast majority don't! She is right, far too much money goes into the pockets of a few riders. The last 15 years Sky money could have been spent so much more wisely.

• Like 3

Some of our promoters, Buster Chapman, are investing in their stadiums and training!

Shame he doesn't invest in riders as well rather than loaning riders every season.

Shame he doesn't invest in riders as well rather than loaning riders every season.

It's a pity, more promoters, didn't put more importance in stadiums and training like Buster. It has been proved over the years that rider assets, create more problems than their worth. Rider assets are of no benefit to speedway what's so ever.

• Like 1

Plus the clubs who loan out riders will get a healthy return in loan fees.....Lynn could have bought Mads in 2011 for a modest fee but instead Swindon are about to benefit from a fourth successive season of loan money. Everyone's a winner.

Plus the clubs who loan out riders will get a healthy return in loan fees.....Lynn could have bought Mads in 2011 for a modest fee but instead Swindon are about to benefit from a fourth successive season of loan money. Everyone's a winner.

So what happens when the current brand of riders going on loan each season retire?.

I understand what you're saying but the facts are the rider pool is getting less & surely it will become a problem.

I speak to a few Polish lads on my lorry driving travels. Polish speedway is in a bad way at the minute money wise, so they ALL tell me, apart from 2/3 clubs. Torun being 1 of the "crazy teams" as they say!

I doubt 4 years loan fees would equate to what the transfer valuation would have been 4 years ago.

I would say calling it the "Elite league" is borderline a criminal offense, at very least it surely amounts to false advertising?...

elite
noun: elite; plural noun: elites
a group of people considered to be superior in a particular society or organization.
Hmm...

I would say calling it the "Elite league" is borderline a criminal offense, at very least it surely amounts to false advertising?...

elite
noun: elite; plural noun: elites
a group of people considered to be superior in a particular society or organization.
Hmm...

It still remains the superior league in our `organisation` , it is no different to the also `false advertising` of the Premier League.

• Like 1

It still remains the superior league in our `organisation` , it is no different to the also `false advertising` of the Premier League.

Not again SB, not again please - although I do agree with you!!! :shock::D