British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

Speedway Livestream 6 Days A Week

BOTH are bloody WRONG!!!! :mad: :mad:

I have a 'thing' about this 'Fuselighter'. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, but at least you must be pleased with the decrease in contrivance and corruption. At lesst the trend is in the right direction - midern speedway so much better in this regard than say in the 70s
  • Like 1

Yes, but at least you must be pleased with the decrease in contrivance and corruption. At lesst the trend is in the right direction - midern speedway so much better in this regard than say in the 70s

In some ways it's worse. :sad: :sad:

I certainly enjoyed my Speedway more back in the 'Seventies'. :t::approve:

Just watched tonight's meeting between Wolves and Birmingham on Bet 365, great picture and commentary and didn't cost a penny. Needed to place £5 into account first then withdrew it after the match finished :)

• Like 2

Just watched tonight's meeting between Wolves and Birmingham on Bet 365, great picture and commentary and didn't cost a penny. Needed to place £5 into account first then withdrew it after the match finished :)

Only problem was the audio. Picture was very clear and Wolves -6 was a steal

Noticed others ha problem with audio. Mine was fine. Very loud and clear

Could even hear fans in the background threatening to kick each other in the undercrackers. ;)

I noticed at Leicester that they have had a Vsat terminal installed to uplink the pictures from there which will work a lot better than the 4G solution being used at some tracks. I thought the 2nd match was due to be Leicester vs Wolves on Saturday ?

Clean Cut Sports production with Dave Goddard commentating. It's as basic as was forecast but a very welcome bonus view of speedway. It wouldn't put me off going to the match but it's great to think of being able to see distant matches.

There was nothing more scheduled for the week ahead though but I'm sure that can quickly change. It's a very welcome bonus.

Just got home after the usual nightmare of the M6.

Would like to set the record straight and inform and advise everyone about this.

Firstly this was not a Clean Cut Sports production.

The whole set up was provided by a company called Race Tech who it would appear were supplying the pictures to bet365.

I've now idea if it will always be for bet365 but tonight it was.

When told about this last week by GoSpeed I was asked if we could supply a feed of our live commentary (for no fee)

This was agreed to on the understanding that races would only be able to be seen if a bet had been placed.

The fact that the audio appeared not to be clear was absolutely nothing to do with us - we just gave it to Race Tech

The fact that just £5 deposited with bet365 this evening gave you the whole thing from start to finish was certainly not advised to us, and if it had of been then we would not have provided a free commentary.

I have asked for immediate clarification from GoSpeed if this was just a one off - if it wasn't then I wonder what is the point of my business paying thousands of pounds a season with individual EL promoters for exclusive DVD rights when for a fiver (which you can withdraw afterwards) you can sit at home and watch for effectively nothing.

I am happy to keep you informed further especially as the next meeting to be covered, according to the Race Tech guys, will be Birmingham vs Belle Vue on Wednesday.

Edited by ballinger

The service will also be on the Sky Bet website soon , It will be interesting to see what Go Speed have to say as it was always my understanding that you would have to place bets of a min of £5 but as Speedway is a new sport they may be trying to get more interest in the service and also may not have the systems setup right yet. But I guess it's up to the betting companies how they want to do it as have paid the money for the rights and by the looks of it have paid out for the required uplink equipment at the tracks which is quite a large investment . If they want to show it free if you just hold the money in their account its their choice it's them that has to make it pay

Well done Mr Ballinger for arranging the comms but fully agree that you should get your fees for doing so and hopefully can increase your DVD sales if people watch races and want to watch again will buy the DVD.

• Like 1

Just got home after the usual nightmare of the M6.

Would like to set the record straight and inform and advise everyone about this.

Firstly this was not a Clean Cut Sports production.

The whole set up was provided by a company called Race Tech who it would appear were supplying the pictures to bet365.

I've now idea if it will always be for bet365 but tonight it was.

When told about this last week by GoSpeed I was asked if we could supply a feed of our live commentary (for no fee)

This was agreed to on the understanding that races would only be able to be seen if a bet had been placed.

The fact that the audio appeared not to be clear was absolutely nothing to do with us - we just gave it to Race Tech

The fact that just £5 deposited with bet365 this evening gave you the whole thing from start to finish was certainly not advised to us, and if it had of been then we would not have provided a free commentary.

I have asked for immediate clarification from GoSpeed if this was just a one off - if it wasn't then I wonder what is the point of my business paying thousands of pounds a season with individual EL promoters for exclusive DVD rights when for a fiver (which you can withdraw afterwards) you can sit at home and watch for effectively nothing.

I am happy to keep you informed further especially as the next meeting to be covered, according to the Race Tech guys, will be Birmingham vs Belle Vue on Wednesday.

Don't be frightened by whats happening here, embrace it. This could only have an up sell to your business as more people get to see the events. This could also mean more DVD sales not less. Bare in mind that also, betting sites are adult only and I should imagine most DVD sales would be for younger eyes to view.

If you fear for your DVD sales then I would be concerned that you don't believe in your production qualities enough. Pretty much free advertising, give it a big cuddle.

• Like 1

Why did you withdraw it as surely you will have to re-deposit next time a meeting is on? I can only go how William Hill have done with football for several years. I've seen hundreds of top class matches with a single one-off nominal deposit. If you withdraw that deposit or lose it in a bet and you go to view a live streaming event it won't let you until you put a new deposit in. For my £10 i have got to see not only football but hundreds of other live sports events. Most of them also have detailed live stats.

Don't know how much of what i posted at the start of the thread is the case or not with Bet365?

I'm surprised at mention of having to either bet or pay to see individual horse races, i never knew that was the case. I presumed it would be as with streaming football on sites such as William Hill where you deposit £5 into your account and that's it you get to see hundreds of top class football matches round the clock. Without placing a bet i've seen a wealth of football including some superb World Cup qualifying games in front of 100,000 spectators at some of the games in Mexico and South America etc. All very entertaining cut-throat stuff.

Any sports betting site i've been on the "smallish box in the corner of the screen" can be enlarged by clicking on the relevant icon to do so. You can view it in it's own window and minimize or even close the page with the odds on and the stream carries on playing.

There's a very large range of sport on their live feeds and nowhere does it mention about a minimum bedrt. All they ask is that you have a minimum balance of £5 in your account or have placed a bet within the previous 24 hours. It's in their 'FAQ's.

I've never ever been aware of that 24 hour rule but maybe that's because once i've placed a deposit i've left it there?

As I mentioned earlier there were no further matches shown in their schedule earlier but I did notice tonight's speedway was swiftly deleted from the list as soon as it finished, despite other sport that had also finished being left in place. Speedway also disappeared from the 'drop-down' list of sport.

Of course this can quickly be reversed.

I've just checked and speedway's still absent from the schedules.

I was on the BET365 site several hours ago and at that time, as is the case now at 3am, speedway has it's own tab in the main left-hand column. It's not under motorsports or motorcycling but it's own tab in alphabetical order, just before Tennis. If you click on it the centre section has the main world events and Polish and Swedish leagues (not yet populated obviously).

Edited by manchesterpaul

So does anyone know when the next stream will be on Bet365? Or another service? I dont see anything listed for Speedway in their schedule as of yet but someone above mentioned wednesday?

Seems like a great service I would be interested in!

It'll be interesting to see how Go-Speed react if they don't get 'co-operation' from other track commentaries eg DVD production companies and the like?!

With the launch of the new streaming service sort of announced (very quietly) when the new Sky deal was signed, I wonder if any undue pressure might be put on clubs/production companies to 'play ball' with Go-Speed - or else?!!!

WATCHED this last night, no audio for me.

My question to those who know is, what betting site will we see the live action on? Just 365, or others? I thought it would be only on the ATR website. I dislike 365 as you can't make the screen full screen.

Any info on this would be useful to know.

WATCHED this last night, no audio for me.

My question to those who know is, what betting site will we see the live action on? Just 365, or others? I thought it would be only on the ATR website. I dislike 365 as you can't make the screen full screen.

Any info on this would be useful to know.

Judging by the press release put out by At The Races a few weeks ago, their involvement is simply as an agent (through their Sport Mediastream division) offering the speedway coverage to their betting partners (alongside other niche-market sports coverage they're also able to provide) so you'll only see this speedway coverage on the website of any betting company who accepts it rather than on the ATR website itself.

Meanwhile, no surprise that regardless of any claims that you'd have to place a bet before seeing any pictures, it proved to be the case last night that all you had to do was deposit £5 with bet365 (ready for any betting) to gain full access to the pictures with the flexibility of being able to withdraw exactly the same £5 as soon you'd seen all the action.

In every other sport streamed on betting websites. that's how it works ... punters just have to prepare themselves for having a bet to see the action because the betting companies understand that letting their customers weigh up any weather conditions or other factors in the build-up to a sporting event is all part of the customer's betting experience.

If anyone at Go Speed (or elsewhere within speedway officialdom) were confident it would be "only-watch-once-you've-bet" for speedway, they're either clueless about how internet betting works or they've been spun some fairytales by At The Races when agreeing to the deal.

In any case, bet365 (or any other bookmaker) would take the view that once you've had a bet on the overall outcome of a speedway meeting they're showing rather than betting on just one heat, then you're perfectly entitled to watch all 15 heats on the basis that you've bet on the whole contest rather than just a segment of it.

By the way, I speak as someone who's always had at least one telephone betting account on the go since 1992 (long before any internet-based gambling revolution) and who currently has 5 different internet betting accounts in regular use ... I was also aware as far back as last September that British speedway and At The Races were in the early-sketch stages of this deal ... see post-21 on this thread for my detailed concerns about this deal when it was publicly launched a few weeks ago.

Edited by arthur cross