British Speedway Forum

why do you charge carers neil?? Thus doubling the cost for the disabled person who will have to pay the carers entry in most cases.... Without the carer, the disabled person doesn't attend so surely one paying concession rate is better than nothing at all??

Why charge adults who take a kid? After all, without the adult the kid would not be there. You have the draw the line somewhere

Why charge adults who take a kid? After all, without the adult the kid would not be there. You have the draw the line somewhere

kids go free up to a certain age at most places, then get a concession.... How many cases do you know of where the parent only goes to support the child?? Most parents are fans in the first place and I bet 9 times out of 10 the carer has no interest in speedway whatsoever.
  • Like 1

EXACTLY, not only should kids get in for a quid but their accompanying adult should get in FREE too! Of course they should.

No doubt everyone else on here who agrees with that line in thinking will mock promoters for trying to make a business out of speedway, for trying to get some money into the bank to pay the bills with, and ye gods, if they should even dare to do so, to actually make a profit!

Disabled folk who need a registered carer in order to attend any event, should never have to pay for that carer. Its simply the decent thing to do, and Football and Rugby both adopt that policy..

• Like 2

Disabled folk who need a registered carer in order to attend any event, should never have to pay for that carer. Its simply the decent thing to do, and Football and Rugby both adopt that policy..

But as i said above, what about kids? You can't let a 10 year old go to speedway on their own so they need a carer, should that carer get in for nothing?

But as i said above, what about kids? You can't let a 10 year old go to speedway on their own so they need a carer, should that carer get in for nothing?

No, it's up to the parent's if they go, they have a choice on how they spend their family leisure time, that's just parenthood. A disabled person that needs a registered carer does not have that choice, as they need assistance to do everyday things.

• Like 7

No, it's up to the parent's if they go, they have a choice on how they spend their family leisure time, that's just parenthood. A disabled person that needs a registered carer does not have that choice, as they need assistance to do everyday things.

Very well said blupanther. Anything that can be done to help Disabled folk get to Speedway if they wish should be done.

"There but for the grace of God" springs to mind.

• Like 3

Spot on.

Id say there a confusion in some posts between someone with a disability and someone whose disability means they require a carer.

Just because someone is disabled doesnt mean he should get a mate in for free but when it a genuine requirement there should be no question.

• Like 4

I'd stopped reading this forum except for the ice racing news but read this thread because I have a disabled wife and I am her carer. Two points I like to make are I can't afford to go to speedway often on a carer's allowance after paying NI for 43 years and I wouldn't expect to get in free when I do go. Second point is the posts by SCB and The Pedaler are the reason why I won't be bothering to check the ice racing on BSF in future. I'd estimate that there are about 10 decent folks that post on here and the rest of you are <Removed by mod. Just as well you are deciding not to post as it saves us banning you for that outpouring of personal abuse>. Thankfully when my youngest has finished college we're selling up and moving out of this nasty, corrupt and ignorant island.

I'd stopped reading this forum except for the ice racing news but read this thread because I have a disabled wife and I am her carer. Two points I like to make are I can't afford to go to speedway often on a carer's allowance after paying NI for 43 years and I wouldn't expect to get in free when I do go. Second point is the posts by SCB and The Pedaler are the reason why I won't be bothering to check the ice racing on BSF in future. I'd estimate that there are about 10 decent folks that post on here and the rest of you are <Removed by mod. Just as well you are deciding not to post as it saves us banning you for that outpouring of personal abuse>. Thankfully when my youngest has finished college we're selling up and moving out of this nasty, corrupt and ignorant island.

I am genuinely sorry you feel that way hydrobob. :sad: :sad:

• Like 1

I am genuinely sorry you feel that way hydrobob. :sad: :sad:

Why are you sorry. <personal abuse removed - rules are same for ALL> This country will

Be a better place when he leaves

• Like 2

The one thing that most disabled people that I know share, is an ambition or a desire to be treated equally as "normal" people. They don't want pity or sympathy, just dignity and respect for them as human beings as much as anyone else gets.

I think that all this "compassion wars" where everyone on here tries to impress everyone else by how charitable they are (with other people's money) and how outraged they can be by others not sharing their so-called values, shows no respect whatsoever to the people who they are debating about and is nothing more than an ego trip to try to impress others on here of what "nice" people they are.

Well if you are so nice, then maybe instead of pontificating about what is a decent thing to do or not, in an effort to shame your promoter into discounting their prices for the disabled, why don't you stand outside the turnstiles of your track and pay these people in out of your own money? That'll be real charity. And don't worry, I think you'll find that most disabled people will decline your offers as they will have more dignity and self-respect for themselves than the respect that you are showing them. So you won't be too far out of pocket!

Edited by The Pedaler
  • Like 1

The one thing that most disabled people that I know share, is an ambition or a desire to be treated equally as "normal" people. They don't want pity or sympathy, just dignity and respect for them as human beings as much as anyone else gets.

I think that all this "compassion wars" where everyone on here tries to impress everyone else by how charitable they are (with other people's money) and how outraged they can be by others not sharing their so-called values, shows no respect whatsoever to the people who they are debating about and is nothing more than an ego trip to try to impress others on here of what "nice" people they are.

Well if you are so nice, then maybe instead of pontificating about what is a decent thing to do or not, in an effort to shame your promoter into discounting their prices for the disabled, why don't you stand outside the turnstiles of your track and pay these people in out of your own money? That'll be real charity. And don't worry, I think you'll find that most disabled people will decline your offers as they will have more dignity and self-respect for themselves than the respect that you are showing them. So you won't be too far out of pocket!

you haven't a clue what your talking about and are stereo typing all disabled people in to you're own pathetic brand!! I work with several people who rely on volunteers to take them out in the community, attend appointments and fullfill daily tasks, ....people who couldn't communicate half of the waffle you spout in your post.... If we are being sterotyped then you're ill informed, Typical of society today.... No one is asking for pity or sympathy!!

• Like 3

you haven't a clue what your talking about and are stereo typing all disabled people in to you're own pathetic brand!! I work with several people who rely on volunteers to take them out in the community, attend appointments and fullfill daily tasks, ....people who couldn't communicate half of the waffle you spout in your post.... If we are being sterotyped then you're ill informed. Typical of society today.... No one is asking for pity or sympathy!!

Absolutely SPOT ON Arson. :approve: :approve: :approve: