British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Fim Bans Participation In European Championships

Is it just me that feels the whole Euroean Championship is just a series of open meetings?

Vaculik won it, lets be honest, who really cares? The whole event really was around the Russian round, the 2 Polish rounds were long and drawn out and about half full.

If the Euros are to get credibility outside Russia, they need to be on the inside looking out, not the outside looking in.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

Honestly don't see any riders opting for the SEC over the SGP now that riders can choose their own numbers .It's what they have wanted for ages now

Ha ha, it doesn't take much then to buy loyalty in this sport!

Honestly don't see any riders opting for the SEC over the SGP now that riders can choose their own numbers .It's what they have wanted for ages now

However and I certainly didn`t see this coming-SEC also can have their own numbers !!! Mr G is 20 as a tribute to the Polish football legend Zbigniew Boniek.Grigory Laguta is 111

• Like 1

Is it just me that feels the whole Euroean Championship is just a series of open meetings?

Vaculik won it, lets be honest, who really cares? The whole event really was around the Russian round, the 2 Polish rounds were long and drawn out and about half full.

If the Euros are to get credibility outside Russia, they need to be on the inside looking out, not the outside looking in.

Agree wholeheartedly and voiced as such last season - but was generally shot down by those with the opinion that 'any speedway is better than no speedway at all'!!

Agree wholeheartedly and voiced as such last season - but was generally shot down by those with the opinion that 'any speedway is better than no speedway at all'!!

One shouldn`t forget that apart from the seeded GP riders in the SEC last season not many of the others took part in qualifying-that could be different this season and it could end up very much a mini (GP)series-obviously riders excluded are Holder,Ward and Hancock plus the Brits ??

If this decision by the FIM will not be withdrawn i will cancel my UK Trip, i will not go to the Stockholm GP and i will also stay at home when they host the Prague GP. And so do many others. Polish Fans have their loyalty with ONE Sport and they will also stay away from the GPs.If the FIM and BSI want to bury SGP then go on. This is a very childish act, instead of working against each other they should try to work together in a way.

We all want the sport to move forward, why do those people always act against the will of the riders, fans and so on? Basically the riders and the fans keep this sport alive. If the fans stay away from the racing, there wont be speedway no more as we know it. I think even BSI would benefit from a successfull SEC Series, there will be more people watching, maybe attracting new companies to jump in as a sponsor and so on.

This is such a shame so i really hope when One Sport going to court, they will be successfull and the guys from FIM will be getting a fat kick in their lazy asses!

Polish Fans have their loyalty with ONE Sport

Why? Do you think One Sport are doing it for the benefit of speedway?

BSI are a British company (albeit ultimately owned by a US corporation), but I hold no candle for them whatsoever. People have to move beyond national interests and not listen to propaganda.

... Do you think One Sport are doing it for the benefit of speedway?

For a start OneSport events are beamed to more viewers that BSI ones. They pay more to riders for their efforts so that alone is beneficial to speedway.

Perhaps you think that the latest FIM's decision will bring greater benefits to speedway, do you ?

and as we are on the subject - what benefit to speedway brings BSI ?

• Like 1

For a start OneSport events are beamed to more viewers that BSI ones. They pay more to riders for their efforts so that alone is beneficial to speedway.

Perhaps you think that the latest FIM's decision will bring greater benefits to speedway, do you ?

and as we are on the subject - what benefit to speedway brings BSI ?

On your first paragraph the first claim is questionable and the second is just crap.

Your posts on the other hand have recently been beneficial for the the forum regarding your views, and insight. IMHO, if anyone cares = )

Why? Do you think One Sport are doing it for the benefit of speedway?

BSI are a British company (albeit ultimately owned by a US corporation), but I hold no candle for them whatsoever. People have to move beyond national interests and not listen to propaganda.

Yes why not? Those people love the sport just like us. Of course they want to earn money and have to look at themselves, that is business, but Speedway does benefit from their work. I dont see any reason why not? tell me bout it.

they bring in new venues, put it on free tv and so on. If you disagree tell my why.

Yes why not? Those people love the sport just like us. Of course they want to earn money and have to look at themselves, that is business, but Speedway does benefit from their work. I dont see any reason why not? tell me bout it.

they bring in new venues, put it on free tv and so on. If you disagree tell my why.

Eurosport is not free tv.

Eurosport is not free tv.

Perhaps its not where you are, but its FTA where I am

On your first paragraph the first claim is questionable and the second is just crap.

Why is questionable if it has a world wide audience. It looks like you are seeing a no further than you own nose.

You have right to regard my opinion as a crap. Not every one does.

• Like 1

EUROSPORT is absolutely free to view everywhere here in Continental Europe. And that is the one big advantage that One Sport and their SEC series hold over the SGPs, that are only available to view on a limited number of PayTV channels and just in very few countries. SGP/SWC will no longer be broadcast live in Germany, and I think in Sweden, too, this year.

EUROSPORT is absolutely free to view everywhere here in Continental Europe. And that is the one big advantage that One Sport and their SEC series hold over the SGPs, that are only available to view on a limited number of PayTV channels and just in very few countries. SGP/SWC will no longer be broadcast live in Germany, and I think in Sweden, too, this year.

Thank you Bavarian!

It only proves that Continentals see what's going on in speedway from different perspective than those in the UK.

If we would think the way some of the British speedway followers do, our beloved sport would gone to dogs long time ago.

Perhaps its not where you are, but its FTA where I am

Why is questionable if it has a world wide audience. It looks like you are seeing a no further than you own nose.

You have right to regard my opinion as a crap. Not every one does.

I see plenty further than my own nose. Thats my main problem and I hope not too many make the same mistake. Though on the other hand that might lead to things actually changing but most people actually are just happy whining at the sidelines. I do hope you read my post through, as I actually thanked you for your efforts here on BSF. Still, its been calculated here before, that SEC only pays better for the bottom (and the very top) finishers. The actual "pool" of money is practically the same as in the sgp.

I take that Finland is not continental since the Ostsee is between us and Bavaria? Because I have to pay for my legimate Europort here in Finland. Viasat also owned the rights for SGP in Finland/nordic countries last year, showing the Gp's on sundays inFinland having sold them to another channel showing them with finnish commentary the following wednesday. ALL THROUGH 2012 AND 2013 I WAS ALLOWED TO SEE THEM FREE THROUGH A LIVE INTERNET BROADCAST PROVIDED BY BSI THROUGH SPEEDWAYGp.com.

EDIT: some lame jokes removed

Edited by f-s-p