British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Benefit Fund Bonanza, Leicester 09/03

According to updates, looks like plenty of passing and re passing in one race, but some do class mistakes as a pass.

• Like 2

Were you watching the same meeting as the updaters cos in their reports there were far more than 3 passes.But don,t let that stop you from slagging off Leicester,and before you comment on my post no I AM NOT A LEICESTER supporter. Just hoping that at the start of a new season we might have started with a clean slate for all tracks but obviously not.

I can't tell you whether the updaters watched the same meeting as me but the one i watched was rubbish, had very little passing. As it happens, whether I started the new season with a clean slate or not, it was unfortunately the same old, same old which is the reason why you are hearing the same old, same old from me.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Oh dear so sounds like I saved some money then you would they would do something with the mud piles and make room for more parking but there you go

??????????

I enjoyed my day out and it was great to see some speedway!

We got there at 1pm found a place to park relatively easily. The huge queue at the box office was dealt with much more quickly than I had feared and we were in by twenty past. Great to see such a large crowd and the meeting started only slightly late as I recall.

The racing however was very ordinary, one decent race in my opinion. I have been to Leicester several times now and have yet to see any really good meeting. Gate and go in almost all races. It is a real shame as the set up there is excellent given the short time it's been open. Having said that a friend tells me he has seen one excellent racing so maybe I have just been unlucky. Hoping to be back at Leicester soon!

The benfund must have made a well deserved and needed sum of money! Today was about the speedway family coming together to look after its own and every one involved has my thanks.

• Like 6

ooo far too downbeat

Absolutely loads of enthusiastic people, warm sun, sounds, smells, great cause, great riders. ..every race at least had the potential to be a good one

I shoved the car on a grass verge. Great day out..what else was I going to do..sit inside watching rugby?

Craig Cook was the business.

Agree with all Simonb has to say, enjoyed the day, not the best meeting Ive ever been too, but we saw some nice weather and it was nice to catch up with some of my mates.

Hopefully the ben fund got a lot of money and one other thing can the people that organsie this also do the super 7 events as it was run very well even though we had a delay to let the rest of the crowd in.

A very enjoyable afternoon in beautiful weather and there was more passing than I had witnessed in my previous 4 visits put together.

I don't know if any changes have been made to the track shape but it still seems to have only one racing line - most heats being settled after bends 1 & 2.

Gates 3 & 4 also have a massive advantage over 1 & 2.

It was chaotic outside the booking office with customers trying to join the queue wherever they felt like it and I witnessed a few arguments breaking out over queue jumping.

Why is it that some folk think they can do whatever they please and then get irate when they are challenged - one geezer told us all to f?@k off when he was told to go to the back.

According to updates, looks like plenty of passing and re passing in one race, but some do class mistakes as a pass.

Cant believe the amount of misery guts there are on here on a beautiful day to launch the Speedway season and MOST importantly raising money.

NO i didn't go as had other priorities but if i had of gone i wouldn't have moaned half as much as some on here.

There seems such ill feeling to what Leicester are trying to achieve and the standard of racing on offer.

I have been on 3 occasions and i have always enjoyed my trips across the Midlands.

• Like 1

Cant believe the amount of misery guts there are on here on a beautiful day to launch the Speedway season and MOST importantly raising money.

NO i didn't go as had other priorities but if i had of gone i wouldn't have moaned half as much as some on here.

There seems such ill feeling to what Leicester are trying to achieve and the standard of racing on offer.

I have been on 3 occasions and i have always enjoyed my trips across the Midlands.

Some people are more easily pleased than others !

Have to say I agree stevebrum. Don't think I have ever seen such a bunch of negative posters as the Leicester fans. They have a new set up, a team that is now in the Elite league, but still all you seem to get is persistent moans and groans. Quite unbelievable.

• Like 2

Have to say I agree stevebrum. Don't think I have ever seen such a bunch of negative posters as the Leicester fans. They have a new set up, a team that is now in the Elite league, but still all you seem to get is persistent moans and groans. Quite unbelievable.

Agree. It will really p**s them off that some visitors on here have praised Leicester, especially that there was passing and some good races. Who would want to be serving these kind of customers.

• Like 1

They have a new set up, a team that is now in the Elite league, but still all you seem to get is persistent moans and groans. Quite unbelievable.

The persistent moans and groans are because you have forgotten to mention the other point... new set up...check.. now elite league.. check.. but still the joke track... check.

Mind, still the joke track even though we have been promised that alterations would be made to improve it on more than one occasion. Some people have spent thousands of pounds of their hard earned up front based on those promises being made into reality. That's just some people, some people have other issues mind... but there you go, what a bunch of moaners.

Anyways, at least you wont get me moaning about the leicester track after this week as it's currently he only meeting i plan on attending at BP until i hear that racing has improved.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I had a good day and it was good to see some speedway again. However, it has to be said:

It's a strange situation at Leicester. They have a cracking stadium for one so new and seemed to have a blank canvas to design the track on.

So how could they get it so badly wrong?

Cook and Morris seemed to know how to pass, but only because (mainly) other riders were drifting too high off bend 4 and leaving a gap. Bomber picked off Pedersen well, in a cracking heat, and also came from last to second in the first lap of his individual heat, but I can't recall anything else of note.

There is huge banking on each bend, but I'm not sure what it adds to the racing. In the final individual heats, Bomber was riding wide chasing Grajczonek but had to scrub off his speed at every bend to turn so hard. The track is totally the wrong proportions in my opinion.

But what do I know?

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 2