British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

Dont know but my comment is fact and yours is just a guess.

Shovlar rarely uses facts to make a discussion. :P

Hi Gem I thought IT was very funny

Yay!! You and Gambo then. :t: (Well it wasn't that funny but I did try as it's got very depressing in here.)

if anybody think we should get ahead of the game, and not wait around a yr or two, im up for starting a fund raising scheme

to help the future of coventry speedway..im based in ipswich but would certainly be up for driving up to help out events..i have a few contacts who could help out with certain activities,if we can muster up support, im happy to go for it

• Like 4

if anybody think we should get ahead of the game, and not wait around a yr or two, im up for starting a fund raising scheme

to help the future of coventry speedway..im based in ipswich but would certainly be up for driving up to help out events..i have a few contacts who could help out with certain activities,if we can muster up support, im happy to go for it

Woh mate. Its not funds you need to raise, in this instance, its voices..

Woh mate. Its not funds you need to raise, in this instance, its voices..

i personally thought it may be both, but hey, just offered

i personally thought it may be both, but hey, just offered

No i agree, if anything can swing it, it needs to be done by every Coventry fan.

its all very well them having a laugh about it on the radio...

either they know something we don't or they are incredible naive.

yes we know the place is old and yes its way too big, but moving from a "proper" stadium to a farmers field is not something i look forward too!

• Like 6

Probably, because where your entrance is now leading to your car park and Stadium will be a road leading to the housing estate. Think of all that ground, including the car park. Lot of ground there.. The sooner you Coventry fans get a petition and a leader together and front Sandhu and whoever else the better. But imo you will be wasting your time, but if you want to save the stadium and speedway, you need to give it a go, and make yourselves well, heard... Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The sooner you get a petition going the better, but you will be wasting your time, you need to give it a go! Maybe should have left the middle bit out, for now.

• Like 1

The sooner you get a petition going the better, but you will be wasting your time, you need to give it a go! Maybe should have left the middle bit out, for now.

Well somebody has to explain to Coventry fans whats going on, don't they? And Sandhu seems to be in the firing line.

Would it help if some local supporters got together and organised a survey door to door of the local residents to get their views, nobody likes housing estates built on their doorstep.

Sometimes better the devil you know

Edited by Team Man
  • Like 1

If the site has planning permission to build houses on 1m is nowhere near its value ,you can speak to your local council and find out if an application has been granted surley though someone who lives round there will know as they would have to be informed and given the right to oppose the application

I agree that the £1m price quoted is way too low. In the late 90's Alan Roberts(principal Bookie at BP) paid £1.7m for Brough Park and Coventry is bigger, on more expensive land, has a better stadium, and the price could be further inflated with the appropriate Planning Permission.

• Like 1

Would it help if some local supporters got together and organised a survey door to door of the local residents to get their views, nobody likes housing estates built on their doorstep.

the best way to get publicity throughout the season is to get brandon rammed solid with fans, and prove to the local press/mp/councillors etc, what they could be about to lose

• Like 2

There was a group called speedway fans united formed a few years ago, are they still currently an active group, Coventry speedway needs support in strong numbers to stand up to developers or whoever may at this time or in the future be the freeholder of this stadium.

the best way to get publicity throughout the season is to get brandon rammed solid with fans, and prove to the local press/mp/councillors etc, what they could be about to lose

Hallelujha.........and here lies the truth,lets get as much out of the punters as we can before we do one............. :cheers: