British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattR

Finnish Gp

9200 tickets have been sold sofar :D

Is that for f-s-p's sauna or for the speedway?!!!!!!! :P

• Like 1

9200 tickets have been sold sofar :D

What sort of crowd are they hoping for - 15k?

That sounds like pretty good pre sales.

Any experts with a view on the track ?

Looks like it has long narrow straights but also very tight corners. Does this mean speed will be lost and not much over taking.

Capicity is 16800, so 15k would be awesome.

Lindgren completed two days of training in Tampere: http://instagram.com/p/nxszpwErkg/

I've said before 15,5 is the max, no info suggesting otherwise. Will answer previuos questions sunday earliest. Having my spring break at the moment. Cant keep away from BSF for days though, the idiot that I am... LOL

SGP website days 16800 lol...

Thats for atletics and football. Two bottom rows out speedway.

Got our tickets. Can't wait for next week! It's going to be a great trip I think. Weather forecast looks reasonable (without being totally tropical), so it should be good. Be interesting to see who we bump into out there, and it would be nice to say hello to anyone off here who's going to be there too.

Hi f-s-p, you appear to be in the know on what to do in Tampere.

I fly in from Malaga on Friday lunchtime and fly back on Monday lunchtime. Any ideas on what to do, or should I say, suggestions on where to drink during our stay :-)

I'm so old that I've fell off the wagon on whats going on... :approve: There's usually a pretty good service on my sofa nowadays, but thats off limits now! :P It will most likely be a full house on saturday. I spoke to a restaurant keeper a while back (one of THE people in his business in Tampere) and all the bars and restaurants within a walking distance from Ratina will be packed. The one's at Koskikeskus by the river are popular for nightlife, Ilona is the one I've been to previous times. Also you could/should check Plevna for beer and food, Salud for spanish food (excellent). Other pubs and bars are Paapan Kapakka (live jazz every night, excellent), London Pub, Bricks, Teerenpeli (they have their own whisky and many beers)... Do those and you're drunk enough.

I'd also visit Pyynikin näkötorni for coffee+donut and go up the tower to see the sights. Näsinneula is the other spike in Tampere, by the amusement park. Top notch restaurant at the top. One more is Tammelantori, thats where you eat your "Tapolan mustamakkara" from wrapped paper. 200 gr is the perfect starters proportion, then you ask for the special jam for it to dip. You drink milk with all that.

Is that for f-s-p's sauna or for the speedway?!!!!!!! :P

My sauna is closed for renovations. Having some problems with the seats and their mounting on the wall. :cry:

Capicity is 16800, so 15k would be awesome.

Lindgren completed two days of training in Tampere: http://instagram.com/p/nxszpwErkg/

Just read or heard smoewhere from one of the promoters that 15k is the max for speedway. Been in the belief that it would be 15,5k.

• Like 1

Eurosport have made a scheduling mistake for this GP? The GP starts at 19.00 local time, Finland is 2 hours ahead of UK but doesn't start on Eurosport till 17.45

Eurosport have made a scheduling mistake for this GP? The GP starts at 19.00 local time, Finland is 2 hours ahead of UK but doesn't start on Eurosport till 17.45

Maybe they expect racing incidents and will pick up the live broadcast soon after heat 9? ;)