British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Kings Lynn V Zielona Gora 19/03/14

Anyone know who the other (not publicised to date..) members of the ZG team are?

And also what time the practice session the evening before starts? Wondering if time to see that practice and still get to the EoESG for the meeting there on the Tueesday evening?

I think practice starts at 5pm on Tuesday,with apparently an autograph session as well.

Incidentally does anyone know what the start time is for the match on Wednesday.I just assumed it was 7:30pm which it says on th BSPA site,but on the King's Lynn website it says 7:00PM :unsure:

Edited by tellboy

Should be a very good test. It will show the difference in standards and how strong and top class teams in the ekstraliga really are. I will be up there with the falubaz fanem, in green and yellow. If the racing is so so on track then the difference will be made up with the atmosphere and excitement we will make. If fans in the uk were more like us falubaz fanem then the atmosphere at most tracks would be so much better. At times in zielona gora stadium the fans and the atmosphere make up for a bad meeting and you don't even realise it's been a off par meeting as there's so much going on, exciting, bright, vibrant, loud, tribal,empowering.

Should be a very good test. It will show the difference in standards and how strong and top class teams in the ekstraliga really are. I will be up there with the falubaz fanem, in green and yellow. If the racing is so so on track then the difference will be made up with the atmosphere and excitement we will make. If fans in the uk were more like us falubaz fanem then the atmosphere at most tracks would be so much better. At times in zielona gora stadium the fans and the atmosphere make up for a bad meeting and you don't even realise it's been a off par meeting as there's so much going on, exciting, bright, vibrant, loud, tribal,empowering.

Yes, see my previous post below:-

Just remembered that I took this video of the crowd's antics at Zielona Gora-hope they don't bring so many on the 19th, or the home supporters will never get a look in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwrA1FRoUg

I'm with you, might come and bounce around with you guys. Would love speedway to have that loud and proud feeling.

Over here The best we have are probably Cradley fans but that only equates to about 30-40 people.

Some years ago now I suggested getting a supporter's group for this very thing at King's Lynn & about 3 people thought it a good idea.

It would be the biggest grower for speedway in this Country, I firmly believe that.

Edited by screamer

I don't think its something that will ever get off the ground in this part of the world screamer, generally speaking Norfolk people are too laid back and stand-offish.

I don't think its something that will ever get off the ground in this part of the world screamer, generally speaking Norfolk people are too laid back and stand-offish.

Absolutely and it drives me nuts. Even when you Norwich fans burst out with 'On The Ball City' at a football match it couldn't sound more boring :lol:

I'll make it happen one day, just got to find a plan

And probably on average 20 years older than the typical Polish fan.

Remember seeing the aged locals at Leicester looking on with disdain and disapproval at some travelling Polish fans at one of their meetings a couple of years back, and I keep hearing complaints about drunken Polish fans at Cardiff...how dare these people upset the quiet sedate life on the terraces with their rawkus, youthful, boisterous, vociferous and bawdy (oh,and did I mention alcohol fuelled?) support for their team? How dare they enjoy their night out? I'd expect that there will be similar complaints coming from the KL regulars too.

One of the most enjoyable meetings in recent years was when Poland came to Lynn for the WTC in 2012. The place was packed and the noise was terrific. Most coming from the Polish fans on the 1st and 2nd bends.

If that could be rekindled on a regular basis I sure the crowds would flock back.... fantastic atmosphere.....

One of the most enjoyable meetings in recent years was when Poland came to Lynn for the WTC in 2012. The place was packed and the noise was terrific. Most coming from the Polish fans on the 1st and 2nd bends.

If that could be rekindled on a regular basis I sure the crowds would flock back.... fantastic atmosphere.....

Your right. I remember in the PL days when the club sold airhorns for about £3, the place was rocking. Almost everyone went home with smiles regardless of the result. A lot of people hate them but they do add to the atmosphere dramatically.

For atmosphere away teams use to like coming but now it's as dull as dishwater

Nothing to do with massive home wins then Screamer, Just fans happy cos people were blowing off airhorns all night ?

Nothing to do with massive home wins then Screamer, Just fans happy cos people were blowing off airhorns all night ?

Yep, quite a lot of these threads would talk about the atmosphere rather than the whitewashed scorelines or poor quality racing. The club use to put on theme nights etc also. Made a massive difference to the enjoyment of the evening. It wasn't purely based on what happened on track and somehow we need to get that back.

• Like 2

I remember the theme nights, during the 6 weeks of the school Holidays, One of JC's ideas, what happened to him ? It was like he was abducted by Aliens. :D

In response to my own post the other day,the start time is 7:00pm.

Is there a coach running from Boston to facilitate the Zielona Gora fans?

• Like 1