British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sgp 2015 Round On Warsaw National Stadium

Agree to a point but what can be said is it's another venue on the calendar that is enclosed and protected from mother nature & a 50,000+ capacity. This is great for the GP's & I should imagine this will replace Torun as the final round on the calendar. Will be a sell out I have no doubt

MOST likely to be the opening round in Europe ....

I think you have missed out a 3rd reason which of course is the non-stop anti BSI propaganda they are being fed on an almost daily basis.

BUT this meeting will be essentially be a Polish promotion so presumably they won't be slitting their own throats

well that's killed my theory. Make that 10,000 crowd then.

BUT this meeting will be essentially be a Polish promotion so presumably they won't be slitting their own throats

Of course they will, have you not seen the negativity already shown towards it?

The OneSport propaganda machine will ensure that Poles continue to be educated that anything BSI = Bad. Anything OneSport = Good.

correct and neither are sell-outs

But both get higher attendances than Polish GP's get (as they are bigger stadia of course). AND they get bigger attendances than the SEC gets, Gdansk and Rzszow were half full last year.

But both get higher attendances than Polish GP's get (as they are bigger stadia of course).

Warsaw will be an interesting test. Can you fill a largish stadium in Poland, where speedway is apparently 'the most popular sport'? LOL.

Warsaw will be an interesting test. Can you fill a largish stadium in Poland, where speedway is apparently 'the most popular sport'? LOL.

That's a myth as you know HA.

In my job role I speak to many people in the UK daily. Many of them are Poles, I always slip speedway into the conversation to see if they are a fan, I'm yet to find a single one who is/was and many oblivious to what it is. Over the last year spoke to around 200 I would say.

SPEEDWAY'S popularity in Poland is indeed parochial but where it is raced (mainly in the north) it does have a large following. How many fans from places like Torun and Zielona Gora will travel to Warsaw is the 64,000 dollar question but, as previously stated, it is the PZM rather than BSI who are the motivation behind the move.

Will still be surprised if the final SGP of 2015 isn't at Torun.

Of course they will, have you not seen the negativity already shown towards it?

The OneSport propaganda machine will ensure that Poles continue to be educated that anything BSI = Bad. Anything OneSport = Good.

Cant believe that the Polish speedway supporters would be that gullible.

Cant believe that the Polish speedway supporters would be that gullible.

Why?

Are they different to the rest of the world, the majority of the population of most countries are manipulated by media/propaganda.

Talks about Warsaw hosting one of the SGP round have been going on for some time now but as yet have not been finalised by the signatures on the dotted line.

As far as back in July 2012 Polish fans were informed about ‘advanced’ plans. It was then that the media were even talking about ‘would be’ date – October 5th, 2013.

BSI looking for new venues noticed a brand new stadium built for European Football Championships. PZM seeing BSI interest began looking for sponsors. Warsaw Town Hall was an obvious candidate. They wanted to know on how big financial support of local government they could count . Costs were estimated then at 1.2 to 1.4 million PLN. There was also a considered cost of purchasing and laying the material needed to build a one-day track.

Paul Bellamy, director of the BSI, an English company organizing SGP series, invited even the PZM representative to Cardiff to personally see how the work associated with the preparation of the artificial track are carried out.

It was also revealed then about the plans to build in 2013 another artificial track at the Home Depot Center stadium in Carson, the home of the football team Los Angeles Galaxy .

Since then a year has passed when the news about the Grand Prix Speedway at the National Stadium in Warsaw have appeared again. This time Poles were told that the talks about Warsaw SGP round for 2014 were entering a decisive phase. Again, the precise date for the event was talked about – 28th June 2014. Originally PZM and most likely BSI wanted it to held in April 2014, but the term was in conflict with the Polish football cup.

Now we are told again of the Warsaw GP round being planned... this time for 2015, and again the date is mentioned ... this time it is April 25th, 2015.

Wait and see.

Talks about Warsaw hosting one of the SGP round have been going on for some time now but as yet have not been finalised by the signatures on the dotted line.

As far as back in July 2012 Polish fans were informed about ‘advanced’ plans. It was then that the media were even talking about ‘would be’ date – October 5th, 2013.

BSI looking for new venues noticed a brand new stadium built for European Football Championships. PZM seeing BSI interest began looking for sponsors. Warsaw Town Hall was an obvious candidate. They wanted to know on how big financial support of local government they could count . Costs were estimated then at 1.2 to 1.4 million PLN. There was also a considered cost of purchasing and laying the material needed to build a one-day track.

Paul Bellamy, director of the BSI, an English company organizing SGP series, invited even the PZM representative to Cardiff to personally see how the work associated with the preparation of the artificial track are carried out.

It was also revealed then about the plans to build in 2013 another artificial track at the Home Depot Center stadium in Carson, the home of the football team Los Angeles Galaxy .

Since then a year has passed when the news about the Grand Prix Speedway at the National Stadium in Warsaw have appeared again. This time Poles were told that the talks about Warsaw SGP round for 2014 were entering a decisive phase. Again, the precise date for the event was talked about – 28th June 2014. Originally PZM and most likely BSI wanted it to held in April 2014, but the term was in conflict with the Polish football cup.

Now we are told again of the Warsaw GP round being planned... this time for 2015, and again the date is mentioned ... this time it is April 25th, 2015.

Wait and see.

Who's telling this, is this a copypaste or your own story?

Who's telling this, is this a copypaste or your own story?

Does it look like a copypaste ?

Is it something I've said that I shouldn't ?

Does nobody remember that the Poles have already tried something similar before and failed? About ten years ago they held the SGP in the then national stadion, the Slaski Stadium in Chorzow (Katowice) and could not fill it, even though the capacity of teh stadium has been much reduced since the times of the 1973 and 1979 world finals at this same place.

Warsaw has proven to be difficult territory for speedway. There is a speedway stadium in town, but it is not in use anymore. They tried to establish a league team in Warsaw, but it did not get enough support.

No, it was a very informed statement, we in the UK aren't used to that :)

No, it was a very informed statement, we in the UK aren't used to that :)