British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
P T Preece

Wolves Vs Birmingham

Clearly I know him better than you do then.

That's nice. No clarification from you on the question asked I see.

For the record I can't stand the bloke either.

That's nice. No clarification from you on the question asked I see.

For the record I can't stand the bloke either.

Probably didn't have much choice but when it really matters he will.

Fully agree with your second point.

At least CVS is consistent he doesn't do anything unless it suits Wolves and that applies to the MC decisions as well

Note to Brum - Don't get too carried away with last nights victory, everyone's going to beat Birmingham and Leicester this year, it's because they are even worse than your team.

Clearly not reading the thread are you, unless going to Leicester without Pawlicki suits Wolves...

There have been many occasions where CVS being on the management committee didn't favor Wolves.

On a personal level, don't have any issues with him at all. Always been pleasant to deal with.

For sure, haven't always agreed with some of his decisions.

Edited by BWitcher

Clearly not reading the thread are you, unless going to Leicester without Pawlicki suits Wolves...

There have been many occasions where CVS being on the management committee didn't favor Wolves.

On a personal level, don't have any issues with him at all. Always been pleasant to deal with.

For sure, haven't always agreed with some of his decisions.

1. read note 94

2. Their have been many many occasions when he has favoured Wolves and many occasions when he has shafted others.

The only negative on last night was once again the promotion showing zero regard for the paying public.

It was a very, very cold night, it was beginning to rain and everyone was expecting there to be no interval. Cue the announcement after heat 10, "The interval will take place after heat 12". Cue a noticable grumble from the crowd and all around me complaining about it.

This was a perfect opportunity for them to announce something along the lines of "Due to the very cold weather tonight and impending rain we won't be staging an interval so you can all get home and into the warm". That would have made the entire crowd happy and sent them home joyous following the emphatic win (bar the Brum fans).

A minor negative on a good night, but another example of where speedway promoters let themselves down.

Meanwhile, was thoroughly looking forward to going to Leicester on Saturday night before returning home on Sunday. Now the news that Pawlicki is going to be missing has already dampened my enthusiasm.

First away match of the season and already he is missing...

It's nice of the Wolves promotion to let us know that Pawlicki will not be riding at Leicester on Saturday night... oh wait. Apart from TNT informing us above, is there any other mention of this anywhere?

Firstly, there was going to be a track grade anyway, so a break was inevitable but can't remember it really raining ?

Was speaking to Piotr last night during the meeting and he was saying how he enjoys the track and where he has found areas that are good for passing. The conversation started when Paul Starke won heat 9 and he was suprised to hear that he wasn't exactly a sping chicken but still rides in the "junior" level leagues.

He mentioned about the World U21's and how he has to do these qualifiers. He said that he has a Polish U21 qualifier at Opole but has been trying to get out of it and ride at Leicester. Basically it sounds like an early round where he will be against some very weak young riders and has asked to be seeded through like Patryk Dudek was last season.

I wouldn't worry about him missing many meetings for Wolves as he is clearly loving it over here and has a formed a great friendship with Tai and has spent time with him on the track and off it in order to improve as much as he can. He certainly seems to be a very ambitious lad and is looking forward to the season ahead with Wolves and is still trying to get a reply to his request to get seeded to the next round.

His record so far is pretty good with a 9.60 average and signs are looking good for him to improve on his starting average.

The only negative on last night was once again the promotion showing zero regard for the paying public.

It was a very, very cold night, it was beginning to rain and everyone was expecting there to be no interval. Cue the announcement after heat 10, "The interval will take place after heat 12". Cue a noticable grumble from the crowd and all around me complaining about it.

This was a perfect opportunity for them to announce something along the lines of "Due to the very cold weather tonight and impending rain we won't be staging an interval so you can all get home and into the warm". That would have made the entire crowd happy and sent them home joyous following the emphatic win (bar the Brum fans).

A minor negative on a good night, but another example of where speedway promoters let themselves down.

Meanwhile, was thoroughly looking forward to going to Leicester on Saturday night before returning home on Sunday. Now the news that Pawlicki is going to be missing has already dampened my enthusiasm.

First away match of the season and already he is missing...

No surprise there, just think about it for a moment.....Why do you think it take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete each meeting every week when there's only 15 mins of actual racing involved?!!...The promotors a) want to make the public think they are getting better value for money if they're there for a couple of hours rather than an hour (maximum) that a meeting could comfortably be held in and b ) more importantly, they want people on the premises for as long as possible, buying drinks, food etc and the interval is the prime time for those sales, so they are hardly going to do away with that!!.....

Edited by ytsejam

Note to Brum - Don't get too carried away with last nights victory, everyone's going to beat Birmingham and Leicester this year, it's because they are even worse than your team.

If you say. Are you going to be a long list of excusers like last year saying the same thing even we were still sitting top of the table come May??

At this stage of the season no one knows what team will do what.

His record so far is pretty good with a 9.60 average and signs are looking good for him to improve on his starting average.

It's a single home meeting yet, far too soon to make any huge predictions. But I was impressed. :D

Yeah right, as if you were going to turn up regardless, there can't be much left of that axe now considering how long it's been grinding...

I dunno though, I think he needs to be there every week.

Although I suppose he could take some time off now that they have Jack Lee on board.

I am trying not to be to negative, but this Birmingham side looks poor unless changes are made bottom 2 minimum.

Well that was disappointing, not impressed with King, Kennett or Barker dispite the 6 pointer, Skornicki good win in his third ride, Nermark the best of the bunch, a couple of good wins and he can gate.

Lambert struggled with the track which seemed strange as nobody esle did and Starke got a win, I fear its going to be a long hard season and no hope of the play offs, cant see us winning away at all, got Coventry and Eastbourne this week as well, bloody hell.

Not to confident about tomorrow night either, on well it cant get any worse than bottom.

Thought the track was well prepared and the meeting got along a good pace, see they can do it when they try, Wuffy looked good and pawlicki, you have a good one there, glad proctor got some points, felt he was shaffed by somerset and good luck to him.

Keep the faith, we can only get better, well thats what I keep telling myself.

Well, thanks for that. Just what we needed to know. I don't think that on the basis of that I need waste any money this Wednesday then. Nor, by the lack of a thread on the matter, does it look like any other Brummies fans are interested in the Belle Vue fixture either.

Bad fan

• Like 1

No surprise there, just think about it for a moment.....Why do you think it take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete each meeting every week when there's only 15 mins of actual racing involved?!!...The promotors a) want to make the public think they are getting better value for money if they're there for a couple of hours rather than an hour (maximum) that a meeting could comfortably be held in and b ) more importantly, they want people on the premises for as long as possible, buying drinks, food etc and the interval is the prime time for those sales, so they are hardly going to do away with that!!.....

Yes I know the thinking behind it.. and on a night when it is freezing cold it is flawed.

You have the option of doing something that will please your customer base, send them home very happy, seeing a big home win over local rivals and feeling that the promotion has your best interests at heart.. or you can piss them off and have an interval.

TNT's has pedalled the feeble excuse of a track grade. Hardly vital with only 3 heats to go.

The simple reality is that these are the kind of things that keep the sport where it is.

Was speaking to Piotr last night during the meeting and he was saying how he enjoys the track and where he has found areas that are good for passing. The conversation started when Paul Starke won heat 9 and he was suprised to hear that he wasn't exactly a sping chicken but still rides in the "junior" level leagues.

He mentioned about the World U21's and how he has to do these qualifiers. He said that he has a Polish U21 qualifier at Opole but has been trying to get out of it and ride at Leicester. Basically it sounds like an early round where he will be against some very weak young riders and has asked to be seeded through like Patryk Dudek was last season.

So which is it TNT.

Earlier in this thread you have SPECIFICALLY stated that Pawlicki will NOT be riding on Saturday as he CAN'T get out of riding in Poland.

Now it's just a conversation you've had with him where he says he is trying to get out of it.

When will you learn not to blurt out things you overhear in the pits as fact?

• Like 1

Yes I know the thinking behind it.. and on a night when it is freezing cold it is flawed.

You have the option of doing something that will please your customer base, send them home very happy, seeing a big home win over local rivals and feeling that the promotion has your best interests at heart.. or you can piss them off and have an interval.

TNT's has pedalled the feeble excuse of a track grade. Hardly vital with only 3 heats to go.

The simple reality is that these are the kind of things that keep the sport where it is.

The unnecessary interval is one of my pet hates. Especially annoying is when there's already been lengthy hold-ups for fence repairs and the like and they announce an interval.

• Like 2

Wont wolves also be without Tai on Saturday night as most riders set out for GP sat morning or is he going later?