British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

How can it be the Elite Shield when Poole are using a rider who is not in their team or able to guest as not in another Elite League team so can't be an official meeting surely?.

I've always been in favour of a squad system especially if it meant Holder & the likes riding in Britain.

Do not know CR just glad to see a meeting, bit concerned about the temp though if same as tonight.

It's nothing to last years temperatures orlovski. 2 degrees at Blunsdon. With the wind chill factor, positively Siberian.

"Yawn" - that is the name of the competition, not an endorsement of the riders involved. For goodness' sake!

We used to have a 'Conference' League - but we didn't expect to watch conferences.

People like you just talk yourselves and others out of speedway. "It's meaningless" "It's only ......"

How long before it becomes "Well it's only speedway, that's all meaningless"?

It's a night out to start the season. Why do you have to quibble over inanities over whether the teams justify the title?

I don't know if you've noticed but riders go missing now and then in the BEL I suppose you would have it titled "The not so good as it says it is league" - wouldn't that do wonders for marketing.

When riders go missing they are either replaced by r/r or a rider who is riding in the British league or does that fail to escape your point?.

• Like 2

I would imagine this is more about getting Holder a contracted ride rather than Ward 'going missing'!!! Maybe it will allow Poole to track both riders if/when they come up against strong European opposition later in the season.

Its a bit like saying if Wolves were the EL representatives in a new European competition, they would probably want to add/include Freddie Lindgren in a competitive team!!!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Its a bit like saying if Wolves were the EL representatives in a new European competition, they would probably want to add/include Freddie Lindgren in a competitive team!!!! :wink:

Bit like Kings Lynn including the world Champ! :wink:

• Like 1

Meeting off, track very wet and more rain due.

Any updates on the weather for this meeting would be appreciated.

Thanks.

All the best

Rob

Orlovski sadly has already updated!

I thought you were joking until I went on the web-site & Blunsdon must have had it's own rain cloud as it's bone dry 6 miles from stadium.

Very disappointing but many thanks for passing on the news.

Orlovski sadly has already updated!

Thanks. Sorry, misread that as speculation.

That's a shame - was looking forward to some speedway.

All the best

Rob

CR and Lucifer, I can assure you that I would only post a rain off when confirmed. Just hope that fri night at Lakeside and next thur is ok for the visit of Coventry.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well, they certainly called this meeting of early, it's dry with the sun shining here, and the forecast does not look that bad.. Maybe they should have waited a while.

What is the matter with people who run Speedway in this country. Used to ride in the wet and now it's just the threat of a bit of moisture or a waterlogged track (depending on which website you read) and finito! Was really looking forward to it. Thinking about it, I went to P&P last week and it was fine-have we really had that much rain since then or was I dreaming that the Speedway season had started!

Well I know I'll get slaughtered for this but here goes.

How can speedway bring in new fans when they do things like this as we have not had enough rain to make the track wet.

The meeting is called off on a supposed weather forecast & how often are they wrong?.

This just plainly stinks & makes you wonder it there's something else going on & even if it pours down later this just isn't right.

Another own goal for the sport & for Swindon speedway.

• Like 1