British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Plymouth - 25th March (plc)

I see no team news is forthcoming yet from either club and according to the BSPA site Plymouth haven't even had a declared team approved.

Sam Simota covering for Alex Davies and assuming Panthers have a full 1-7

Weather forecast is showers for tomorrow.

I see no team news is forthcoming yet from either club and according to the BSPA site Plymouth haven't even had a declared team approved.

Sam Simota covering for Alex Davies and assuming Panthers have a full 1-7

Weather forecast is showers for tomorrow.

I noticed that :)

Guessing:

Fisher, Blackbird, Lasse, Ulrich, Ales, Jacobs and Greenwood

Barker, Benko, Newman, Jensen, Simota, Reade and Katajisto

On paper they have one of the strongest reserves in Kalle BUT cant see him being a threat, infact apart from Jensen who is a talent, and Barker occasionally don't see much of a threat at all. Aslong as we don't get complacent, can see a 57-35 home win.

Hopefully everyone 'roughs' Barker up, and damage his ever growing ego before the season even starts.

Guessing:

Fisher, Blackbird, Lasse, Ulrich, Ales, Jacobs and Greenwood

Barker, Benko, Newman, Jensen, Simota, Reade and Katajisto

On paper they have one of the strongest reserves in Kalle BUT cant see him being a threat, infact apart from Jensen who is a talent, and Barker occasionally don't see much of a threat at all. Aslong as we don't get complacent, can see a 57-35 home win.

Hopefully everyone 'roughs' Barker up, and damage his ever growing ego before the season even starts.

Really?

Kalle should be good for double figures if he has fully recovered from his crash.

What a charming wish, you twit :-(

Panthers ought to get 60.

Panthers ought to get 60.

Many predicted a big Panthers win last week

Many predicted a big Panthers win last week

Indeed, but both teams were "cold" and the Rockets have got a decent line-up.

Nice to see track updates on the Panthers website about tonight's meeting, all systems go and no problems reported.. :cheers:

Nice to see track updates on the Panthers website about tonight's meeting, all systems go and no problems reported.. :cheers:

Indeed, lessons learned from Sundays disaster perhaps.

PETERBOROUGH are chasing their first League Cup points of the season when they face Plymouth at the Showground on Tuesday (7.30pm).
The TC Harrison Panthers slipped to an opening-night defeat at the hands of Rye House last week, but confidence has been boosted by Saturday’s impressive challenge match win at Elite League club Leicester.
And now they know they need to show their full potential at home, against a Plymouth team heavily modified from last season.
The Devils include a mixture of new and familiar faces, led by Great Britain international Ben Barker who has raced at the Showground for Coventry and Birmingham in recent years.
The visitors’ middle-order contains Sam Simota, who rode for Panthers at the start of the 2008 season, and Kyle Newman who had a spell as a doubling-up rider in 2012.
For Peterborough, Ryan Fisher faces his former club and reserves Joe Jacobs and Oliver Greenwood will look to continue their encouraging start to the season.
Co-boss Trevor Swales said: “Our gating let us down last Tuesday against Rye House but that was much-improved at Leicester.
“Losing the first home match was a big blow but we don’t intend to repeat it and we need to get a good home win on the board against Plymouth.”

PETERBOROUGH: Ryan Fisher, Lewis Blackbird, Lasse Bjerre, Ulrich Ostergaard, Ales Dryml, Joe Jacobs, Oliver Greenwood.
PLYMOUTH: Ben Barker, Roland Benko, Kyle Newman, Rasmus Jensen, Sam Simota, Ben Reade, Kalle Katajisto.

Indeed, lessons learned from Sundays disaster perhaps.

Probably, and helpful for someone like me who has a 90 mile trip to the Showground..

Probably, and helpful for someone like me who has a 90 mile trip to the Showground..

I feel your pain brother, I feel your pain..

90+ mile trip for me starts in about an hour ... ;)

Local weather updates are always welcome, especially if they expect fans to travel.

It really is time every track did it as routine.

• Like 2

Sun's coming out, and no rain forecasted (touch wood) so bring on the Devils, and Barker.