British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Plymouth - 25th March (plc)

So I expect Ales won't expect to get paid tonight then.

Do riders usually get paid that quick then?

I thought they had brought a rule in a year or two ago where if it passed heat 6 but before heat 12 you got some sort of refund...? (Not the full amount obviously)

Wont hold out much hope really :/

As I think Kalle Katajisto is one of the stronger reserves in the league I think that Steen Jensen, Steve Worrall, Ryan Douglas, Charles Wright and possibly Ashley Morris are all better or just as good as him.

No way Jose!!

As I think Kalle Katajisto is one of the stronger reserves in the league I think that Steen Jensen, Steve Worrall, Ryan Douglas, Charles Wright and possibly Ashley Morris are all better or just as good as him.

Charles Wright? Oh dear.

Difficult for Mick to give a refund. Makes no difference to me personaly, because iv'e got a season ticket. As for the meeting, it was good to see Lewis ride so well. Think we have got the riders to win a few away matches as well.

The National Anthem, what's that all about? And no I'm not talking about its origin, I'm talking about being asked to rise on a cold Tuesday evening amongst the sparse crowd for a minor PLC fixture. Did the Queen miss the opening night because they didn't do it last week or in the previous 20 seasons come to that!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Unbelievable coincidence - for those that believe things go in "3's" here was the evidence :sad:

Having followed Panthers from their first season's racing I cannot recall a situation like last evening occurring at the Showground in the past - I think it was Richard Greer who was interviewed and said the same - (too dark to see properly :wink: ).

Such a shame as the boys were riding well and looked to be heading for a big win.

Most importantly it went at the start of a race and the red lights worked and was stopped immediately with no incidents or injuries.

in this day and age - I'm am amazed that there is no back up generator available at a place like the EOES. Imagine that happening when the EOES were hosting a large event or a wedding.

Last nights debacle could result in even more people walking away from the sport - especially those who had traveled a large distance to attend the meeting...

You can run a small village on a relatively small diesel generator these days...

Do riders usually get paid that quick then?

I thought the visiting team should be paid the standard rates on the night?

The National Anthem, what's that all about? And no I'm not talking about its origin, I'm talking about being asked to rise on a cold Tuesday evening amongst the sparse crowd for a minor PLC fixture. Did the Queen miss the opening night because they didn't do it last week or in the previous 20 seasons come to that!

Micks very patriotic

'Sparse Crowd' sounds like the EoES bug has struck, one beating by the Rockets and the support deserts the ship.

Not at all! People just got excited on the back of the opening meeting. Anyone with a brain knew the reality of the situation.

Were there any suspicious betting patterns last night? Lights out 3rd, 4th bend only, very fishy! Thank God it wasn't first bend as tapes had just risen and they were steaming into the first corner.

Edited by Crump99

Think the main difference in the attendance figures was that Rye House brought loads of fans, & Plymouth didn't bring any. I also know a few fans that decided to stay in the warm & watch the Manchester derby.