British Speedway Forum
Phil

Live Speedway Betting And Streaming...

The bookies have never listed EL speedway until much before 5 in the past. Probably due to the sports volatility - You just don't know what line sup are going to be, whos not going to turn up etc. The bookies once lost va fortune on an Ipswich/Reading meeting when half the Reading team failed to turn up turning a predicted close meeting into a 60-30. Anyone who was lucky enough got in very quickly when news got out about the Reading team. In most teams sports one competitor doesn't tend to make that big a difference on his/her own.

People moaning about something that costs 10p, for the whole season watching possibly 300 meetings throughout the season, and because there was 1 night where it wasn't shown, people are moaning. Come on everyone, lets put some perspective on it, did you have this feature last season, no.... is a bonus for next to nothing... yes, so Christ.... whats there to moan at! Anything's a bonus, and if you want to watch more meetings, go to your local track.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. But what do you expect from the moaning society that is the BSF

Edited by Phil The Ace

People moaning about something that costs 10p, for the whole season watching possibly 300 meetings throughout the season, and because there was 1 night where it wasn't shown, people are moaning. Come on everyone, lets put some perspective on it, did you have this feature last season, no.... is a bonus for next to nothing... yes, so Christ.... whats there to moan at! Anything's a bonus, and if you want to watch more meetings, go to your local track.

Couldn't agree more. But what do you expect from the moaning society that is the BSF

The only folk moaning on the thread appear to be yourselves. Others simply stated there was no streaming and there was some confusion as earlier in the thread someone said that the Swindon meeting would be shown. It was soon clarified that it was never on the schedule and that was that.

As SCB says, the reason the matches are listed late is they want confirmation of the lineups (as much as possible) as in a sport such as speedway in can make a massive difference.

Some years ago I remember arriving at Monmore and learning quickly Mikael Max (plus Magnus Karlsson) was not riding as his flight had been cancelled. Jack Hargreaves to replace (think it was Jack, a junior anyway). A quick call to the bookies who were still offering Eastbourne +12 or something along those lines and a big bet placed. I could still even cheer on a battling Wolves performance, safe in the knowledge an against the odds narrow win would still pay out.

I used the site for the first time last night. I thought the single camera coverage was very good.

Is there a way to get the vision box to go "full screen" ?

Hopefully will catch some action tonight, really enjoy this way of watching meetings although i have only seen one so far, it feels more like your watching a meeting live than simply watching a tv presentation not that i dont appreciate sky's coverage of the sport.

Ideally i would love to see one meeting every night if that makes me greedy so bit it, but at the end of the day its not going to stop me going to my local track to watch it live and in person, any match i watch via a stream would be one i would not have gone to anyway so no promoter would have lost anything.

I used the site for the first time last night. I thought the single camera coverage was very good.

Is there a way to get the vision box to go "full screen" ?

There's no way of making it full screen. All you can do is use the Windows zoom facility on your computer, but I don't recommend it

I would imagine the reason for late scheduling is so they can check the weather is going to be ok. If not they will have people making bets all day then have a rain off and then have to sort out re-funding all of the bets made.

Genuine question that i don't know the answer to......i'm guessing they take a very large amount of bets on cricket matches which are even more prone to cancellation than speedway so do they delay the listing of them or.....thinking about it do they not actually show any cricket at all?

As SCB says, the reason the matches are listed late is they want confirmation of the lineups (as much as possible) as in a sport such as speedway in can make a massive difference.

But surely teams abide by the rules of publishing team line-ups X number of days in advance lol. Any late injuries would be no more than any other sport is subject to and they don't delay listing or betting on them? How often do teams have multiple injuries in order to make a massive difference? Even a top rider not appearing has rider replacement to soften the blow?

Got to admit for as long as it lasts i find it fantastic that we have access to these streams. Not had the chance to see one yet but got fingers crossed for Eastbourne versus Belle Vue tonight.

Been told Swindon - Belle Vue was never in coverage diary.

Coventry - KL tomorrow, Eastie - Belle Vue on Saturday both will be covered.

Where do you know this from? Is it still the case?

Edited by manchesterpaul

But surely teams abide by the rules of publishing team line-ups X number of days in advance lol. Any late injuries would be no more than any other sport is subject to and they don't delay listing or betting on them? How often do teams have multiple injuries in order to make a massive difference? Even a top rider not appearing has rider replacement to soften the blow?

Surely you can see that if Robin Van Persie cops a dodgy sausage roll in his dinner then Manchester United just play Wayne Rooney in his place with very little effect on the odds and no discernible advantage to any punter - not even the Greggs manager who sold the offending savoury delicacy.

However if Matej Zagar misses his lunchtime flight and Belle Vue have to put a NL junior at No.1 it turns the result on its head. As people have pointed out this has happened a number of times. See above example of Michael Max and Magnus Karlsson missing a flight and the bookies taking a battering

Gone with Belle Vue +13 and Lakeside -4 tonight

Gone with Belle Vue +13 and Lakeside -4 tonight

Signed up now but don't really get all this betting lark.What's all this +13 and -4 thingy.Wouldn't mind having a little bet while watching.

Signed up now but don't really get all this betting lark.What's all this +13 and -4 thingy.Wouldn't mind having a little bet while watching.

+13 is the handicap. Belle Vue +13 means that you add 13 points to the Belle Vue score at the end. So if Eastbourne win by 12, and you've back Belle Vue +13 then you're a winner

+13 is the handicap. Belle Vue +13 means that you add 13 points to the Belle Vue score at the end. So if Eastbourne win by 12, and you've back Belle Vue +13 then you're a winner

Oh easier than I thought now someone has pointed it out,thanks very much.