British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears - 6.30pm Sun 30th, 2014 Lc 1st Leg

Been to the track and there is little to no fog there. Track quite heavy, after standing water from the weeks rain, but Jonny and Co doing a fine job to get it raceable.

fog on the tyne..... no way

God that was a struggle. 40 minute delay, iffy track, usual pitiful Redcar showing, freezing cold weather, over two hours to get through it....not one that will live long in the memory.

Well done the Lewis' :D

• Like 1

Actually embarrassing for Redcar what a shambolic 7 they have stuck out. Changes needed for them already.

• Like 3

Actually embarrassing for Redcar what a shambolic 7 they have stuck out. Changes needed for them already.

If you are willing to complain you must feel that you can do better, you should have a go then :D

• Like 1

If you are willing to complain you must feel that you can do better, you should have a go then :D

Im not complaining as I dont support Redcar, just feel sorry for there fans that there promotion has put out such an awful team. Was an observation, not a moan 👍.

• Like 1

reading the updates there was so many falls why was that was the track dodgy?

Im not complaining as I dont support Redcar, just feel sorry for there fans that there promotion has put out such an awful team. Was an observation, not a moan .

I'll let you off then ;)

It is going to be a tough and long season, but the majority of logical Redcar fans knew that - anyone not looking through rose tinted glasses knew it, even with Kozza - who is a massive loss - we were looking at mid-table at best.

The track last night was tricky to ride, the team had worked on the track from 0730 to drain off the water, damp conditions for the last few days following the downpour on Thursday didn't allow the track to dry naturally. there was a half hour delay to the start to allow more time to prepare it. A number of falls added delays and this made for a long meeting. The Diamonds adapted better to the conditions than the Bears although both sets of riders should be congratulated for racing hard. Too many of the visitors don't ride Brough very well and this was reflected in the score.

• Like 2

Diamonds did what they will do most of the season. Solid scoring down the line but losing to the oppo #1

For Redcar, Lawson was his usual gating tart self, made the gate 3 times, 3 wins, missed the gate twice, one point ahead of his teamate.

Wilko looked good when he stayed on the bike. Great last bend pass of Rosen. I also thought Crang looks to have potential.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Meeting last night (apart from the cold). I agree that it took too long to run the Meeting - but - with injuries to fallen Riders you cannot be too careful I suppose.

I would like to congratulate BOTH Teams - and particularly the Track Staff - I think they did a great job getting the Track in to a Raceable state. Times for most Races were not far off normal.

Newcastle Riders all did well and well done to Lewis Kerr on his Paid Maximum - let's hope there are many more to come.

For Redcar - I thought Lawson looked good when in front but the Rider who impressed me most was the one lots of Redcar Supporters seem to complain about - Carl Wilkinson. His never say die, 100% efforts were much appreciated as he contributed hugely to the entertainment on the Track.

• Like 1