British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers Vs Somerset Rebels Lc 1/4/14

Go back to before the season started and many a panther fan thought ales was on a bargain average and would be one of the best riders in the premier.

He has never been a rider who starts the season like a rocket ,and to be fair I doubt he's rode at the showground when it's been so slick as it has been this season , alright he hasn't been great but let's not forget Morris only scored 5 don't see many slagging him of

This one seems a bit better. Very close scores most of the way through, Nick had an awful meeting and should have scored a lot more. Will look forward to seeing the Fish on thurs against Swindon.

Obviously I wasn't there and have only just seen the scores now, but seems an odd choice to put Nick out in heat 15 based on his score and your comments.

Looks like Aspegren should have been 15 but then again Allen & Morris had just done the business in heat 13.

The way Fish and Lasse rode in the last heat reminded me of the way Hans and Sullivan rode in H15 in 2006

Remind us of the similarity!

• Like 1

Early doors AO,, Nick started slow last season as I recall, he is quality and will be one of the top guys again this year imo.

Good early showings by young Brady aswell,I can see him adding two points to his average.

Obviously I wasn't there and have only just seen the scores now, but seems an odd choice to put Nick out in heat 15 based on his score and your comments.

I was going on the way Nick has improved last year and his good start at Lakeside in the new format for Swindon and his scores for the rebels this year.

He will score better than he did tonight.

• Like 1

I thought Poole rode on Wednesdays?

A very positive and atmospheric crowd with a hint of enthusiasm and passion.

:D You been on those funny fags again!

Looks like Aspegren should have been 15 but then again Allen & Morris had just done the business in heat 13.

Correct on both points.

What's the crowds like running on Tuesdays?

Too early to tell but no worse than early last season.

At the Ice Hockey in Peterborough the National Anthem is played as part of the presentation of the players just prior to the start. I am patriotic and always happy to stand for the National Anthem.

You'll have enjoyed last night then! At least if Saul rushes his announcement through before the riders are introduced then we'll know not to sit down or be upstanding before that point.

Some decent speedway though to end on a positive.

Edited by Crump99

Fortunate win for Peterborough simply because Somerset got their selection wrong. How long will Dryml last, seems only to be going through the motions.

Fortunate win for Peterborough simply because Somerset got their selection wrong. How long will Dryml last, seems only to be going through the motions.

That will bring Hougaards 2006 heat 15 memories flooding back again, same result in both though, Panthers win! Then though was perhaps slightly more crucial: Elite League Champions 2006, thanks in big part to Hancock in gate 3?

Edited by Crump99

Really surprised Somerset went with Morris in heat 15, been much better going with Procter. ;)

• Like 3

Unfortunately Ales is the biggest concern in the team ATM. Can't seem to gate or pass. Thought Blackbird was very good last night.

NeilWatson - could you ask the Showground to stock some decent real ale? I know the main bar was out of zaction last night but they don't have any when it is open! Suggest Rutland PANTHER....

Quite a good meeting, close and competitive. The fish was in brutal form, particularly his move on Allen in heat 15. Scared the living daylights out of him, looked a bit close to the edge to me, and in reality if Allen had gone down, Fisher would definitely have been excluded. The move enabled Bjerre to come through, and the Panthers took a win which they just about deserved.