British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Stags Vs King's Lynn Young Stars (nlkoc) - Sunday, April 6th

Any idea what the weather is like Rob, as it's pouring with rain in my neck of the woods?

Mimmo, no idea, as I'm currently in sunny Oxfordshire.

Just been checking out the satellite pictures for this afternoon and all looks OK.

No rain predicted for Scunny between 3-6pm, but showers around by the look of it (hopefully the shower will stick to where it's placed on the satellite picture - Grimsby).

I'm setting off around 11am.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

yep, nice to see that improvement today, im still hoping The Stags can make another signing, which could significantly boost their points scoring.

Well done stags today 37 points big Improvement.

Don't get too carried away, they never looked like beating Cockle, Hughes or Mallett.

Having said that, I was very impressed with both Sanderson and Macdonald............and Josh Bailey for that matter. Sanderson's win in heat 14, in particular, was excellent for a rider who has only ridden speedway for a short time.

• Like 1

Well done 'Young Stars', you did what you needed to in a very workman like way. Mr Cockle looked a lot hungrier than I've seen him for a long time....good stuff!!

Keep fighting 'Stags', the only way is up, and that the majority of you will certainly do.

Very enjoyable and watchable meeting, so well done to both sides.

Don't get too carried away, they never looked like beating Cockle, Hughes or Mallett.

Having said that, I was very impressed with both Sanderson and Macdonald............and Josh Bailey for that matter. Sanderson's win in heat 14, in particular, was excellent for a rider who has only ridden speedway for a short time.

I thought that at least both Sanderson and MacDonald showed a glimpse of their potential today. The rest of the Stags kept their chins up and kept plugging away. Mallett, Cockle and Hughes were a class above the rest today, but all three of them are not going on to make a real go of it at a higher level, are they?

The years Hughes, Cockle and Mallett have been riding they should be unbeatable by anyone in the NL. There's a few riders like that though mind.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the Stags meeting yesterday.

Heat 14 was just fantastic. The cheer from the rest of the Stags' riders in the pits shows there is great team spirit in the camp.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

As Jayne Moss pointed out, you can only have one rider aged over 30 in your starting line up.

Its in the NL section of SCB regulations.

No longer places then as in the 'good old days' for riders like Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar? Both were sheer tactical class to watch in action - their riding teaching the kids trying to pass them that it is the leader who sets the pace for the best finishing place in a race.

Edited by Guest

I thought that at least both Sanderson and MacDonald showed a glimpse of their potential today. The rest of the Stags kept their chins up and kept plugging away. Mallett, Cockle and Hughes were a class above the rest today, but all three of them are not going on to make a real go of it at a higher level, are they?

I think the point is you will really know when the Scunthorpe lads are getting good when they do start beating them. Based on the promise I saw yesterday - Campos has been around a fair while, too - that probably won't be too long.

No longer places then as in the 'good old days' for riders like Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar? Both were sheer tactical class to watch in action - their riding teaching the kids trying to pass them that it is the leader who sets the pace for the best finishing place in a race.

Yes, there is (and rightly so).

But you can only have one.

Really enjoyed the Stags meeting yesterday.

Heat 14 was just fantastic. The cheer from the rest of the Stags' riders in the pits shows there is great team spirit in the camp.

All the best

Rob

I enjoyed that one too, Rob.

Partly because I am biased and young Mr Kirby was out in front but also because its always pleasing to see a young lad show his promise. Will only do him good, too.

• Like 2

And the quickest time of the meeting was by Ryan Macdonald heat 2 once these boys start gating pretty sure the scores will start to get a bit closer

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

I think the point is you will really know when the Scunthorpe lads are getting good when they do start beating them. Based on the promise I saw yesterday - Campos has been around a fair while, too - that probably won't be too long.

Good point, HT.

Edited by EC Rides Again

Well done 'Young Stars', you did what you needed to in a very workman like way. Mr Cockle looked a lot hungrier than I've seen him for a long time....good stuff!!

Keep fighting 'Stags', the only way is up, and that the majority of you will certainly do.

Very enjoyable and watchable meeting, so well done to both sides.

every time I've seen Mr Cockle he was hungary :lol: .

• Like 2

Darren Mallett would no doubt be competing at a higher lever, but for the injuries he's sustained mainly in crashes that weren't any fault of his own.

Even if this is the level that these riders remain, so what? To criticise them for it is the same as criticising Premier League riders who don't move up to Elite. They entertain us at their own cost.

• Like 1