British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Somerset Rebels - Sun 6th April, 2014. Premiership

I don't think it will make much, if any difference if Anton rides at number 1. He will find it just as difficult and is similarly inconsistent - although to be fair he has far less experience.

The bottom line is we don't have a number 1. We didn't really have a powerful number 1 last season either bit we did have Richie, who with his consistently fast starts was more capable of challenging and beating opposition heat leaders. We also had a high scoring reserve. My problem with this side is that, yes we lack top end power but we don't have the powerful reserve to compensate for that like we did last year which is why I think we might struggle.

Early days of course but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a change or two at some stage although not yet, I'm sure the riders will be given time and support to find some form. We did build this side 1.5 points under the limit though.

Completely agree :)

But I can see Schrammy leaving sooner than you might think leaving 4.87 for another rider.

IF this form continues this is what I would want to see happen to the the team...Although we can all sit and speculate it's another thing it actually happening

1. Magnus Karlsson 8.40

2. Lewis Kerr 5.94

3. Anton Rosen 7.00

4. Christian Henry 7.21/Ludvig Lindgren 7.28

5. Stuart Robson 7.20

6. Facundo Albin 3.62? Nicki Barrett 3.60?

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

But I would like to keep my faith in the current riders and hope normal service at Brough Park will resume with the riders we have now :t:

Edited by DIAMONDS

Completely agree :)

But I can see Schrammy leaving sooner than you might think leaving 4.87 for another rider.

IF this form continues this is what I would want to see happen to the the team...Although we can all sit and speculate it's another thing it actually happening

1. Magnus Karlsson 8.40

2. Lewis Kerr 5.94

3. Anton Rosen 7.00

4. Christian Henry 7.21/Ludvig Lindgren 7.28

5. Stuart Robson 7.20

6. Facundo Albin 3.62? Nicki Barrett 3.60?

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

But I would like to keep my faith in the current riders and hope normal service at Brough Park will resume with the riders we have now :t:

Albin or Barrett around Brough? No thanks.

Albin or Barrett around Brough? No thanks.

I couldn't think of another 3 pointish rider that doesn't have a team and that would be realistic

I couldn't think of another 3 pointish rider that doesn't have a team and that would be realistic

And there lies the problem if you want to get rid of Schrammy.

And there lies the problem if you want to get rid of Schrammy.

I know but I was wondering if anybody else knew any?

Does Jason king still ride (on a 3.00 average there is nothing to loose)

The Newcastle promotion have a history of getting it right when coming to putting teams together, and an equally impressive record in getting the best out of their riders. I`m sure 2014 will be the same.

• Like 1

The Newcastle promotion have a history of getting it right when coming to putting teams together, and an equally impressive record in getting the best out of their riders. I`m sure 2014 will be the same.

I quite agree.

BUT - I would definitely change the Team around as soon as we are able to do so.

First time I've been to Newcastle for a while and was a relatively decent meeting. Bit disappointed with Newcastle, but maybe I was expecting to much. Lindgren struggled all night and god knows whats happened to Schraam, he was woeful. Robson his usual reliable self, Rosen looks a real good find. For Somerset was impressed with everyone bar Todd Kurtz, unbelievable he keeps getting a ride over here because hes utter tripe. Well done the Rebels.

I quite agree.

BUT - I would definitely change the Team around as soon as we are able to do so.

But why, if your looking to bring in a top scoring No1 then Newcastle would have to make more than one change. That would bring in points in the No1 position but IMO weaken the team in another.

But why, if your looking to bring in a top scoring No1 then Newcastle would have to make more than one change. That would bring in points in the No1 position but IMO weaken the team in another.

I have never said we need to bring in ANY new Riders. Whilst I don't believe that Lindgren is currently riding like a Number One - Stuart Robson would, I am sure, do a FAR better job.

Stuart, I suspect does not like riding in Heat One - but he is a far better Rider than his current Average suggests in my opinion - Lindgren just isn't.

I have never said we need to bring in ANY new Riders. Whilst I don't believe that Lindgren is currently riding like a Number One - Stuart Robson would, I am sure, do a FAR better job.

Stuart, I suspect does not like riding in Heat One - but he is a far better Rider than his current Average suggests in my opinion - Lindgren just isn't.

The averages dictate that Lindgren started the season at No1, Newcastle had no choice, hopefully for you and Newcastle once the first set of CMA`s kick in you will get Robson at No1.

If you replaced Lindgren for example you would have 8.63 to bring in a new rider (A well capable number 1) But I don't want to see Lindgren go TBH :)

If you replaced Lindgren for example you would have 8.63 to bring in a new rider (A well capable number 1) But I don't want to see Lindgren go TBH :)

Ok you replace Lindgren, who comes in.

Ok you replace Lindgren, who comes in.

Dunno it was only an example, I want Lindgren to stay :t: