British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 7/4/14

First EL meeting for the Aces. Should be a home win but is Andersen going to be fit to guest for Zagar, who will win the reserves battles and will the rain keep away?

Edited by Aces51

Mads is a good choice of guest for the Robins, hopefully Hans is fit enough to do himself justice replacing Zagar. Close match on the cards - my money on a 46-44 either way - reserves to decide which way the win goes imo.

Swindon might have a trump card in Worrall scoring double figures for fun in the PL at the moment.

• Like 3

Steve Worrall has improved massively. Struggled at the beginning 2013 riding just PL. But once he dropped down to NL seemed to regain his confidence and rode superbly at the end of last season. Swindon are definitely onto a winner here - think he will like the BV track as well

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Steve didn't top score for the Robins tomorrow. I had Jason and Steve down for us when the draft was first announced, being on the doorstep and with Ritchie in the side but it didn't pan out for us.

You've got a goodun there Rosco.

• Like 1

I thought at the draw for draft riders that Steve Worrall would have been a nailed on bet to be picked by Belle Vue. This omission on BV's part could come back and bite them.

I think this could be close, as BV are not known for getting off to a flyer at the start of the season. BV top four look strong on paper but will have to perform on the track as well, to make up for what looks like three weak riders at the lower end.

Still think the Aces will be found wanting with a long tail and dont think Anderson will prove sufficient cover for Zagar.

I think it will be close but Belle Vue will just edge it.

Edited by woz01

I think Belle Vue are being underestimated.

Think they look a stronger team than Swindon on paper and after watching Swindon on Thursday against Coventry with the exception of PK, Robins looked average. I'm sure it won't stay that way though.

I think Belle Vue could win this.

Hans is having trouble with knee and even walking on that leg so would be bit concerned with him guesting

Edited by mdmc82

I think the fact that he would be missing the same matches as Cook might of put the aces of going for him in the draft.

Reade's performances in the PL are a worry. will be close tomorrow

Hans rode in Poland today and scored 11 points.

• Like 1