British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Plymouth Thursday April 10th 7.30pm

Could be a closer one this! - mind you I've said that the last two weeks.

That statement alone is enough to show how far Plymouth have come over the past seasons. We may still get hammered but opposing fans thinking we will get close is good enough for me.

Oh and updates will be here...

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13167/ipswich-plymouth-lc-10-30pm?page=1&scrollTo=236790

• Like 3

Why no Kalle in heat 15?!

#Fail

Why no Kalle in heat 15?!

#Fail

I thought only programmed rides counted towards heat 15, so thats probably why? He should have had 7 rides though and taken 1 of Newmans or Simotas rides. Bad management that that didn't happen. I wasn't there but from what i've read I would have put Jensen on the tactical instead of Ben.

Kalle did only have 2 programmed rides, Ht 2, 2pts and Ht12, 3pts.

The real mess up was taking him out of his programmed ride in Ht9, were he could and should have had a T/R.

Not the best use of resources.

Strange TM by the devils, Simota or Katajisto should have been TR in 9, Heeps and Risager were struggling. Strange that Reade was in too. Then Katajisto should have replaced Newman in heat 12 to give him his 7th ride. Ipswich always seemd in control of the meeting. Thanks to Wells for being a great replacement for Worrall. Barker was Barker, hasn't learnt that the outside line doesn't work in heat 1, and you shouldn't turn left down the straight. Manzares did well to take avoiding action in heat 15, certainly picked on the wrong Witch there....... Also had a bit of a "go" with Wells in 13.

A good win for the Witches tonight !

Ricky Wells did a good job as guest , scoring well .

Gino proved what an astute signing he is .

Morten is unpredictable but did get screwed over by Cam in ht 3 .

Cam is currently a big concern for me with no confidence at all .

Rohan did OK apart from destroying the tapes .

Adam had 2 good wins and 2 random falls , bizarre .

Ritchie certainly his bit in the victory .

Overall pretty pleased with the teams performance !

Strange TM by the devils, Simota or Katajisto should have been TR in 9, Heeps and Risager were struggling. Strange that Reade was in too. Then Katajisto should have replaced Newman in heat 12 to give him his 7th ride. Ipswich always seemd in control of the meeting. Thanks to Wells for being a great replacement for Worrall. Barker was Barker, hasn't learnt that the outside line doesn't work in heat 1, and you shouldn't turn left down the straight. Manzares did well to take avoiding action in heat 15, certainly picked on the wrong Witch there....... Also had a bit of a "go" with Wells in 13.

We said the same about the team managers decisions.Very poor IMO and cost Plymouth some points.Swapping the reserves about every race was a weird 1 aswell.

I thought it was a pretty decent meeting.Racing was always close.

The crowd was pretty poor.Considering it is half term aswell I'd have expected it to be bigger.Plymouth have had some decent results lately so it was always going to be half decent.

Heeps is a bit of a concern.Certainly isn't anywhere close to the rider he was last year.Is he fully fit?

Not giving Katajisto 7 rides was terrible aswell

That was what I call a proper speedway meeting!

Devils were very competitive and but for strange manager decisions on the TR and Res switch may well have snuck a point.

Good all round contributions from the Witches. Top notch commitment fron Wells beyond that you can expected from a guest - refused to be bullied by Barker and gave it back double to repass.

Very impressed with the other KK and Jensen. Benko did poorly as expected and thankfully Ritchie wasnt wiped out by his kamikazi move in heat 8.

Both Cam and Rohan did their partner no favours in their pursuit to beat good friend Jensen which cost points and perhaps evened up the tactical loses from the Devils.

If every week was like that then Id be happy.

• Like 1

The crowd was pretty poor.Considering it is half term aswell I'd have expected it to be bigger.

Maybe half term but as no discounts for kids so no incentive to go? Money will be spent for daytime activities so why bother with the speedway? :sad:

Barker did indeed turn left on Manzares coming out of bend 2 but I believe Manzares had tried to stick Barker into the fence at the same place the previous lap.

Barker did indeed turn left on Manzares coming out of bend 2 but I believe Manzares had tried to stick Barker into the fence at the same place the previous lap.

Not from where i was (2nd bend high up in stand) he didn't....? Anyone else see this?

Barker was absolute mince.

Rasmus was really good - a great entertainer - enjoyed his wheelies on the way to the tapes each race.

Kalle was good but to be honest I expected him to pick up a couple more than the 14 he collected.

The other Devils were disappointing, with Benkon & Reade not really at the races.

Wells was an excellent, committed guest.

Manzares looks a very good signing. Probably should have come in on a 7!! Don't know the Monarchs Yank will get to his standard.

Risager & Heeps must be a big disappointment.

Tungate looked good and made a good job of wiping out the tapes.

Ellis would be fantastic if he stayed on the bike.

Hawkins scored well - I wonder if he will make it to armadale this year?!!

Just a thought - I am surprised at how much of turns 1 & 3 is not protected by the air fence. It looks a bit short.

Are there regulations about how much needs to be protected?

Not from where i was (2nd bend high up in stand) he didn't....? Anyone else see this?

I was 2nd bend half way up the stand.

My recollection was that Manzares tried the inside line but wasn't that close to Barker, who was chasing the widest line.

I know that Wells can be a hard rider, but the effort to repass Barker was genuinely very good and hard in a positive way - top quality stuff.

Barker didn't seem keen to acknowledge anyone, which was a bit disappointing - maybe he's just cheesed off with his own poor form.

To give Lee Trigger the benefit of the doubt, I think he gambled on not using the joker against Wells & Manzares. He failed by giving it to Barker - perhaps he felt compelled to give it to his #1? The heat win for Simota was perfectly timed, because that conned Trigger into leaving the Czech in 13, when he should have used Katajisto.

Some good technical and tactical riding by the Witches, and determined passes too - including Risager who worked his bits off to pass Newman.

My MotM was Hawkins - the skipper did a superb lay down to avoid Benko - and then in the rerun moved Katajisto over perfectly to bring Manzares through. To top that, he then had to replace Tungate in a race against Barker and Katajisto, and produced another determined ride to limit a likely 1-8 to a very unusual 2-5.

Very entertaining match, credit to Jensen (smooth & fast), Newman, Katajisto and all seven Sackers Witches. Definitely one to get on DVD! ;-)

Edited by Had Enough

After Benkos effort tonight I think we may be due another air fence challenge as it is now looking a bit short and may well be few replacements left.