British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cue Ball

Sheffield V. Scunthorpe 10/04/14 Lc

Lovely day for it! Can't see anything but a decent size hom win, but hopefully there should be some good racing to get there.

Interesting choice of guest in Vissing, he can be very good around Owlerton, but he has had more than his fair share of 'racing incidents' that I hope can be avoided in this occasion.

Not the most 'popular' rider at Owlerton is Claus, as I've said before he can be quite reckless, resulting in him being a danger to other riders and himself. What with him and Auty it could prove to be an interesting meeting and a long one judging by how long repairs to the air barrier took last week!

Not the most 'popular' rider at Owlerton is Claus, as I've said before he can be quite reckless, resulting in him being a danger to other riders and himself. What with him and Auty it could prove to be an interesting meeting and a long one judging by how long repairs to the air barrier took last week!

Ahhh..Auty the one time hero,the one time golden boy of Owlerton,the rider the mighty tigers flocked to see with his daring passes on the open spaces of the fastest track in Britain,the lad the Sheffield masses looked down the race to card to see which heats he is in next,erections at the ready... :wink:

The now villian,who jumped from a sinking ship to ply his trade along the M18

That the same lad?

• Like 1

Yes the same lad who at first was a pleasure to watch as you have stated. However in his last season with the Tigers (IMO)he got a little obsessed - with his own self importance and quest to be number 1. To the point where he nearly had his own team mates off so that he could finish first! I well remember him almost putting Sanchez in the fence two or three times in one heat so he could get the three points. He did the same thing with others to the point where after one heat Hugh Skidmore told him in the pits "It's not all about you Josh." To which he received a mouthful of abuse in return. When you witness things like that it's easy to go off people, isn't it?

Also seen him on TV in Elite League meetings where he's been up against better riders making moves that just aren't going to happen and lost count of how many times he's been excluded as a result.

He apparently made the move to Scunny so he could have more practice time - especially on his starts! Yes he is an exciting rider as is Vissing, but to my mind takes too many unnecessary risks and to me that makes them reckless, especially when they put others at risk by their actions.

• Like 3

On form a comfortable home win but from a Scunny perspective let's hope that this is the start of better things.

Obviously the League Cup has gone for us now but any confidence we can take from tonight will be welcome leading up to Sunday's league meeting with Somerset.

Safe meeting for all please.

Yes the same lad who at first was a pleasure to watch as you have stated. However in his last season with the Tigers (IMO)he got a little obsessed - with his own self importance and quest to be number 1. To the point where he nearly had his own team mates off so that he could finish first! I well remember him almost putting Sanchez in the fence two or three times in one heat so he could get the three points. He did the same thing with others to the point where after one heat Hugh Skidmore told him in the pits "It's not all about you Josh." To which he received a mouthful of abuse in return. When you witness things like that it's easy to go off people, isn't it?

Also seen him on TV in Elite League meetings where he's been up against better riders making moves that just aren't going to happen and lost count of how many times he's been excluded as a result.

He apparently made the move to Scunny so he could have more practice time - especially on his starts! Yes he is an exciting rider as is Vissing, but to my mind takes too many unnecessary risks and to me that makes them reckless, especially when they put others at risk by their actions.

seems to have made a quick recovery from his injuries that he got when he fenced hall... looking forward to following this on the updates site.

aye, once a golden boy, now just a golden nugget..laf.laf.

Ahhh..Auty the one time hero,the one time golden boy of Owlerton,the rider the mighty tigers flocked to see with his daring passes on the open spaces of the fastest track in Britain,the lad the Sheffield masses looked down the race to card to see which heats he is in next,erections at the ready... :wink:

That the same lad?

That the same lad?

To be honest I was more upset about losing out on Ash Birks than I was Josh Auty at the time.

Yes Josh can be entertaining but to be frank has he improved since his move to Scunthorpe I ask myself, and the answer is a negative.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

Lovely day for it! Can't see anything but a decent size hom win, but hopefully there should be some good racing to get there.

Interesting choice of guest in Vissing, he can be very good around Owlerton, but he has had more than his fair share of 'racing incidents' that I hope can be avoided in this occasion.

As i said can't see anything but a comfortable away win and Vissing was an inspired choice of guest

as requested.. well done josh auty. see he finally found the grow up pills.. :approve:

Yes Josh can be entertaining but to be frank has he improved since his move to Scunthorpe I ask myself, and the answer is a negative.

• Like 2