British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

Don't worry you won't have to suffer it next year!

I suppose you will offer your deepest sympathies when they are gone too---enjoy buddy :-)

Blimey, hope Brum are around for many a year to come!

Not surprised by the result but it is becoming more embarrassing by the week, You cannot expect folk to pay £15 for this kind of rubbish, one sided meetings are no good for the sport!

I hope that Alan Phillips can somehow sort something out but worry that he does not have the resources or experience left at the club to do so.

The team is simply not competitive enough that was obvious from the start, If you could not compete at this level then dropping down a league might have been better.

Feel for the Brummie fans, after last years heroics, this is a depressing scoreline.

Don't forget how the ex GB manager still took one reserve out of his final ride with the meeting won.

Could have been for any number of reasons, we just don't know. Anyway, nice to get the four points but not nice to see a team get so comprehensively humped at home, doesn't do anybody any good.

Two meetings I've seen in the last week and nearly £100 spent in total on admission, travel, food/drink, and we've been outscored 129-51. Expected us to lose both, expected both not to be particularly close tbh, but this has been unacceptable. I won't be going again until they show something resembling an attempt to improve the situation. Put your money where your mouth is Phillips, otherwise you might as well just close the club now and save us all the hassle.

• Like 1

Be closed by June.

I fear this is the reality now, b*****ks to budget now, bring in some quality changes or you won't have a club to complain about balancing the books at.

Would it be viable back in the Premier League.

In short no, people say this thinking of the reduction in costs, but overlook the reduction in crowd and sponsorship levels, Tony Mole jumped at the chance to join the EL for a good reason.

Could have been for any number of reasons, we just don't know. Anyway, nice to get the four points but not nice to see a team get so comprehensively humped at home, doesn't do anybody any good.

I think we all know the reasons & it is a joke that team managers are still allowed to do this as should've been sorted when they did the rules.

Kings Lynn & Poole might as well contest the final now.

The the hell has happened to Barker and Kennett? I know they get no easy rides any more but seriously?!

The the hell has happened to Barker and Kennett? I know they get no easy rides any more but seriously?!

Kennett seems to have brought his usual "post May" form to the start of the season, Barker is the real concern for me, he didn't like interested at all tonight, even if he doesn't get the points his usually trying multiple lines and moves to get past, tonight he looks quite content to complete 4 laps at the back, far too Bjarne Pedersen like and he'll be under threat like Kennett unless he bucks his idea's up.

Really feeling for you poor Brummies fans. Not even Coventry were that bad last year. To lost by 30 points on your home track is disgusting. You all have every right to be disheartened and angry.

It really doesn't come as a surprise with this team.

Really feeling for you poor Brummies fans. Not even Coventry were that bad last year. To lost by 30 points on your home track is disgusting. You all have every right to be disheartened and angry.

It really doesn't come as a surprise with this team.

TBF, we lost at home by 30 to Wolves on Sky :/

Not even Coventry were that bad last year.

Not that much difference!

TBF, we lost at home by 30 to Wolves on Sky :/

Remember it like it was yesterday. :P

I think we all know the reasons & it is a joke that team managers are still allowed to do this as should've been sorted when they did the rules.

Kings Lynn & Poole might as well contest the final now.

Enlighten me.

And FWIW I agree that all reserves should take four rides.

Talked to several people tonight who are more in the know than me and they all said the same..... there is absolutely no team spirit, half the riders dont even talk to each other. We have a team manager who cannot generate that spirit or motivate the riders. Its not just Kennett who should be on his way but the team manager as well............. :mad:

• Like 2