British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

Kennett should just call it a day just when you think he cant get any worse he does.

Bob Dugard did well to insist on selling him to Coventry and he has largely gone downhill since.

Swindon were daft to sign him last year and one only presumes Birmingham was desperate - and wrong.#

Really hope the Brummies survive.

Edited by remembertheracers

Wow! What a night! So glad I made the trip over. Special thanks go to "GiveUsAB" on here. Went into Birmingham via J5 with no bother in or out. Thank you so much! Will probably use this way in future. Also, thanks to the Birmingham supporters who stood with us in the 2nd stand on the 1st bend. Fantastic company with a lot of amusing banter (unlike last time when we got abuse!)

Apart from Daniel Nermark (still a legend to me!) and Adam Skornicki and to a lesser extent Danny King, the Brummies didn't have much to shout about. I feel for you guys. I'm not being sarcastic here, I truly mean it. I'd be pretty annoyed to be paying out hard earned money to watch meetings like that! The racing was pretty good despite the score line, but I fear for the future of Birmingham speedway, and I'm not even a local!

Congratz to all our guys. It was a great team performance. We win as a team and if we do lose any meetings, then we lose them as a team. We have 7 riders who want to ride for us and will try everything to do their best on track. For me, this is key. Team spirit must be high now and that counts for a lot. Rory Schlein has his critics, but I think he's going to do alright as captain. The points he scored tonight were hard fought, so I'm happy!

Oh, and nice to meet Leicester Hunter for the first time :) Sorry, this was an after thought! You can tell I'm hyped up can't ya LOL?!

Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 2

Quite simply a stunning performance from the Stars. All 1-7 were excellent but special mention to Bjerre, Lambert & Kerr. The latter two superb on their first ever visit to Perry Barr. Been said earlier that someone was going to get tonked when all the Stars clicked and tonight was that night.

Difficult to see where the Brummies go from here as there isn't any abundance of riders just sitting by the phone. Maybe they can tempt Smolinski back? Kennett just awful and should be embarrassed by that "performance" and surely has to go. Barker I thought was trying and had a good go at Iversen in Heat 13 but he's nowhere near number 1 standard.

One positive I will say about the Brummies is that the programme is superb.

Wow! What a night! So glad I made the trip over. Special thanks go to "GiveUsAB" on here. Went into Birmingham via J5 with no bother in or out. Thank you so much! Will probably use this way in future. Also, thanks to the Birmingham supporters who stood with us in the 2nd stand on the 1st bend. Fantastic company with a lot of amusing banter (unlike last time when we got abuse!)

Apart from Daniel Nermark (still a legend to me!) and Adam Skornicki and to a lesser extent Danny King, the Brummies didn't have much to shout about. I feel for you guys. I'm not being sarcastic here, I truly mean it. I'd be pretty annoyed to be paying out hard earned money to watch meetings like that! The racing was pretty good despite the score line, but I fear for the future of Birmingham speedway, and I'm not even a local!

Congratz to all our guys. It was a great team performance. We win as a team and if we do lose any meetings, then we lose them as a team. We have 7 riders who want to ride for us and will try everything to do their best on track. For me, this is key. Team spirit must be high now and that counts for a lot. Rory Schlein has his critics, but I think he's going to do alright as captain. The points he scored tonight were hard fought, so I'm happy!

Oh, and nice to meet Leicester Hunter for the first time :) Sorry, this was an after thought! You can tell I'm hyped up can't ya LOL?!

Thanks Em, nice to meet you too! Told you how it would turn out, didn't I? :)

Seriously though, that was one heck of a performance by the Stars. I've never seen Kenny Bjerre as quick as that, NKI was pure class after his heat 1 defeat by Sqora and it didn't take young Mr Lambert long to weigh up the track either. Lewis Kerr probably won't have such a free scoring opportunity again this season, but it will have his confidence a world of good tonight. That Lewis Rose only had three rides and outscored almost half the Birmingham team just about summed everything up. Adam Skornicki and Daniel Nermark aside, I think less said about the Brummies tonight the better.

Glad you enjoyed tonight, hope your trip to Leicester tomorrow is just as enjoyable!

Well, what about that then!! Terrrrrrific performances from the whole team!! Just one request though, please team celebrate your success with your supporters, the large contingent of Lynn fans on the 2nd bend at Brum must have been disappointed not to be able to celebrate each 5-1 and win with you?

The the hell has happened to Barker and Kennett? I know they get no easy rides any more but seriously?!

I think you are dead right here. Brummies were weak in the first place but those two, in particular, are just not performing at all.

I have said before its not totally down to the management, and it isn't.

Ben Barker & Eddie Kennett what the hell is going on with these two .

The management should have interviewed the Brummies riders at the end of the meeting in front of the fans like they do at Wolves, they could have justified their performances then ..... in fact all clubs should do this ....

• Like 2

The management should have interviewed the Brummies riders at the end of the meeting in front of the fans like they do at Wolves, they could have justified their performances then ..... in fact all clubs should do this ....

It would have been impossible to justify some of those performances Trees.

At least there wont be any financial difficulties behind the scenes. In a honest note I feel for Brummies fans.

I woulden't be so sure, attendances will drop unless performances improve, talking to people around me last night, I have no doubt of that.

Only thing I felt good about last night was there looks hope for us at international level if Lambert and Kerr are the future.

Edited by david2905

Surely, it can't be too difficult to replace riders like Barker and Kennett. They are giving nothing to the club, and any replacement has to be better than them....

You want riders with HEART and PASSION who are prepared to try.

i had a conversation with Alan Phillips weeks ago about Edward Kennett, basically my point was that he doesn't try an inch. seems so true now. to be honest i think the serious lack of funding is the problem here, you pay peanuts you get monkeys was my comment to Alan. didn't go down to well either.... and as for barker... he talks a good fight. they look like a team of uninterested riders even though they're getting paid and the fans are spending there hard earned to support them..time to wake up .barker,kennett and co you could be out of work very soon.

It would have been impossible to justify some of those performances Trees.

They would have to say something to appease their wage payers though, take the good with the bad like us fans have to and perhaps give them a little more incentive out on track?

Maybe Birmingham should be on the phone to the likes of Kenni Larsen and Herman The German. How about the flying Pole who was at P'Boro last season. I can't believe the Brum Promotion won't make changes straight away. Riders like Kennett and Barker are taking the p155 out of Phillips and the Brummie fans.

• Like 1