British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Eastbourne/ Eastbourne V Lakeside

An up and coming teenager then :D , I thought this system was to help up and coming British youngsters.

If the revised dob is correct fair enough, but a couple of the draft riders have been around too long.

Well a couple of seasons ago we had tempretures of nearly 30 at Lakeside, last season it was about 4 degrees and bloomin freezing, tomorrow looks like somewhere in between and more normal for the time of year.

At home i expect Hammers to win but Lahti does have a liking for our track and Kylmakorpi knows it well enough too, i think Hammers reserves should dominate that of Eagles though.

The away meeting will be very hard without Bech although with the way Lawson is riding and if our reserves go well and the others chip in with a respectable points total then im hopeful we can take a point from it, cant see us taking anymore than four points from the day though.

Hope for comfortable home win and anything on top of that will be a bonus.

• Like 1

My first meeting of the year today @ Lakeside.

Should be good crowd - always is for this fixture.

Great to see Ben in action and looking forward seeing Bech.

I think, knowing Ben as I do, he won't be all that amused to find out via this thread that he's ten years older than he thought he was!

Looking for 4pts from the 2 meetings - going to be tough to get all 3 at Arena though, think Eagles top 5 will go well here. C'mon you Hammers

Good solid performance by the Hammers - great to see PK scoring so well and another paid max for Bech! Well done to Richard and Ben too. Hopefully we can carry on into this evening and grab at least a point at Arlington!

• Like 2

Good 3pts to start the day, surprised the Eagles didn't push us closer. Racing a bit processional though, blue line on the inside and plenty of dust by the end of the meeting; guess that can be expected with an afternoon start. Hoping for a point at Arlington now

• Like 1

Ben Hopwood guest for Eagles in both meetings?

Funny thing, tried to find any info about him. Expected another youngster.

Born 11-03-1981. Really young, only 33. :D

Oh dear some people really do need to get their facts right.......Bet you feel a bit of a douche now don't you.

https://twitter.com/hopwoodracing

Edited by TMW

Oh dear some people really do need to get their facts right.......Bet you feel a bit of a douche now don't you.

https://twitter.com/hopwoodracing

Give him a bit of slack at least one website has that dob.

I think, knowing Ben as I do, he won't be all that amused to find out via this thread that he's ten years older than he thought he was!

I'm sure he will see the funny side !!!!!!

Give him a bit of slack at least one website has that dob.

Slack duly given!!!!!

I suppose he was making fun of the system anyway rather than Ben.

He should be with the Aces. No idea why he isn't

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

What a signing Bech has been.

Agree, Swindon should have kept him after his spell with the Robins, but well done Lakeside for seeing the potential.

Agree, Swindon should have kept him after his spell with the Robins, but well done Lakeside for seeing the potential.

And he was going to be a Panther this year in the Elite.. :sad:

Very impressed with Bech,he will soon be No 1.

Lakeside are going to miss him at Eastbourne - big time.

I predict that Lakeside will win by 10+ at home and I also predict that Eastbourne will win by 10+ at home. If you are a gambling man get on Kylmakorpi over 5 in the first meeting between the two sides on the day.

Thank god I am not a gambling man!

• Like 1