British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Coventry

I'm afraid with this team it's between us and Birmingham for the wooden spoon.

It's gonna be a long season ;)

Think Swindon will be in the mix as well unless things change.

I'm afraid with this team it's between us and Birmingham for the wooden spoon.

It's gonna be a long season ;)

Unless they make changes IMO Birmingham have bottom place nailed on.

• Like 1

Good to see things never change here. Weatherwatcher still saying he doesn't go to speedway for the passes & Volty still moaning about the lack of passes even when watching at home. I respect both your opinions, but why do you have to repeat them after every meeting on a subject that has been done to death?

Yes, the racing was poor yesterday, but i felt it was acceptable in the previous league meetings & the Ben fund meeting.

Don't know what happened to Mads yesterday, disappointed by his 3rd & 4th rides. Didn't expect much more from Snornicki. Felt Perry should've been able to hold off Garrity after Jason lost so much ground around bend 3&4, but maybe I'm being harsh of Tom.

Got to pick up a home win next week, looks worrying that too many teams are picking up points at BP. Yes, we are probably better away than home, but we will still not pick up many away points at the best teams or those with small tracks, which then doesn't leave a lot of other meetings.

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and have been at Leicester the last two home meetings have to say I've enjoyed both meetings against Lakeside and last night Coventry I thought the racing was good in both .

As for what you are saying about Mads I think he will score more away than at home Leicester isn't his kind track too slick talking of the track why is the track tyre packed so much ? It seem so slick , also had to laugh at Norrie Allen comments over the PA regarding the Lions team that shows he totally inexperienced at being team manager those comments will do nothing for team spirit .

Overall have enjoyed both visits and will be back again for the Belle Vue meeting .

Edited by Haza

Well I have yet to visit but think Poole are up there on Whit Monday so I will come along and see first hand. We have guys who can get out of the gate so it should be interesting.

Well I have yet to visit but think Poole are up there on Whit Monday so I will come along and see first hand. We have guys who can get out of the gate so it should be interesting.

I hope the weather's warm and then you can wear that lovely pink top you've got on, would be nice to meet you!

• Like 2

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and have been at Leicester the last two home meetings have to say I've enjoyed both meetings against Lakeside and last night Coventry I thought the racing was good in both .

As for what you are saying about Mads I think he will score more away than at home Leicester isn't his kind track too slick talking of the track why is the track tyre packed so much ? It seem so slick , also had to laugh at Norrie Allen comments over the PA regarding the Lions team that shows he totally inexperienced at being team manager those comments will do nothing for team spirit .

Overall have enjoyed both visits and will be back again for the Belle Vue meeting .

Mads - agree, always thought it would be like that

Track - curator (Glyn) gets compaints from riders if it's too deep. I suspect the problem is with the tightness of bends, turning gets difficult if track depth goes beyond a certain threshold- which is quite a low one

• Like 1

Don't worry the team will change soon but we will still get the same boring racing

I spent most of the meeting on the back straight, I'd guess 10 meters from the 3rd bend. What I found quite amusing was folk turning their head to avoid flying shale.

Why was it amusing? Because I saw more dirt on the M69.

To be fair when I moved to the first bend there was a bit of shale to be found.

Even though it was very much follow the leader after the second bend I'll return when the Bees revisit later in the season

• Like 1

What a bunch of retards speedway fans are.

Presume you don't class yourself as a fan then so what are you doing on here? :D

From what I saw of the Poole Bees match it didn't really come up to much either 3 or more good heat but you still got the follow your leader there as you like to call it. I think with the way they have set up the reserve you will see much more of this this season.

Some of the lads from the NL are well below the stands of some of the others who have been racing the EL for a couple of seasons.

Those guys should have been given a team place not a reserve place.

The way they are going for it is good to see but I do fear for thier satey. You have only to look at Newnan, who was injured this week. To far to soon for these lads. With the teams as they stand now you will always be seing follow your leader at BP, as the team as so behind the rest of the other leauge teams that they can't even compete against them. You have Jason Doyle with a grat 15 points from the night but without backup from the other team members, which we saw last night the racing will always be the same story at BP. One rider does not make a team.

Maybe it was the money that or lack of it that, brought this team together, but I am afraid unless something is done really soon to change the team setup the the Lions are going to lose a lot more races.

It is good to see riders of quility going about the business they know. That is how to ride a speedway bike and get a win.

We saw a lot of that last night, the Lions didn't have the pace or determination to do much about it.

Yes the shale always flys on the start straight. You should have seen the state of the poor guy who sat it out there in his wheelchair the whole meeting, he was covered in it.

Must say I felt very sorry for him when he told me he has a problem getting to the toilet block and I could see his point. To get there from the disabled veiwing point to the toilet block you need to go all the way around the stands if you have a manual wheelchair, as the path to the toilets are very corse roadstone.

He asked the management last year if they would consider putting some slabs down to join up the two slabbed areas.

The reply he got was that he was just being picky as he didn't have that far to go around the stands.

They should try it themselves in a wheelchair with a week bladder and see how they went on.

Bet you 10 to 1 they would P**s thier pants before they managed to get there around all the people.

All it would take is around 15 slabs if that, Sure they are not hard up.

Edited by weatherwatcher

You're not having a little rant are you weatherwatcher? :D

From what I saw of the Poole Bees match it didn't really come up to much either 3 or more good heat but you still got the follow your leader there as you like to call it. I think with the way they have set up the reserve you will see much more of this this season.

You're kidding right? Form memory we had Heat Hansen passing Pawlicki and giving Janowski a tough time. Heat 7 we had the two Kyles having a proper battle. Heat 8 had Poole gate on a 5-1 but Coventry get a 5-1 in the middle of that change around Hansen and Pawlicki changed places and Millik dived under Fisher on the last bend and nearly caught him. Heat 10 and Hansen passed Holder after spending 2.5 laps trying to pass him only for Holder to nip back underneath and then Hansen went back around him on the last bend. Heat 11 Janowski passed Howarth late on, thats Howarth who was last out of the gate and had to go through the middle of them all on bend 2. Heat 12 Josh G passed Fisher and then in heat 13 Holder was all over Harris drawing level a couple of times. Heat 14 and the two Kyles passed and then re-passed.

Now Leicester yesterday. Perry got close to Garrity in heat 2. Garrity locked up avoiding a locked up Ljung in heat 12 meaning Perry passed him only for Perry to lock up and be passed by Garrity. The end.

One was a great meeting was lots of passing down to skill. The other was terrible with passing only down to rider making mistakes.

As for your rant about the draft, proof you know jack. Newman IS one of the riders with EL experience. So to then complain he's inexperienced is a laugh. Oh, he got injured in the PL too, not the EL. So not sure what that has to do with the draft. Hougaard and Hansen got injured this week, maybe they should stick to the NL too?

Edited by SCB

But on the ploughed field we see racing

Of sorts ;)

Riding the wall of death doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

You are kidding, right? Either that or you were watching a different meeting.

The Poole v Coventry meeting was full of passing and excitement. Did you not see Howarth, Newman and esp Hansen.

Was one of the best meetings I have seen on sky in a very long time

• Like 3