British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedibee

Which Team Will Be The First To Drop A Draft Pick ?

I haven't been a massive fan of Norrie and his outspoken ways with Max but I do think last night he was genuinly concerned.

I think most promotors,team managers & fans feel exactly the same way about how this draft can have negative effects on the riders especially the 2nd pick riders.

Things should've been put in place right at the beginning of it or simply there will be no riders left in the end & then what happens.

I'm not disputing anyone's concern for the riders & it just goes back to how little thought went into how things were going to be dealt with effectively.

I think there was quite a bit of thought that went into the Draft format. Unfortunately the PL promoters refused to play ball and left it solely to the EL.

With more PL clubs (votes) than EL, they will always usually win the day on any big decision in the best interests of the sport!!!

Edited by Skidder1

I think there was quite a bit of thought that went into the Draft format. Unfortunately the PL promoters refused to play ball and left it solely to the EL.

With more PL clubs (votes) than EL, they will always usually win the day on any big decision in the best interests of the sport!!!

Compare the scoring of Lewis Bkackbird at Swindon & then to the 1 point at Workington last night & can you really say that it is really helping them progress?.

Surely he should be scoring better than that if the draft system is working??

You are taking one meeting in isolation to suit your argument..... Blackbird has been very good so far for P'boro.

• Like 3

You are taking one meeting in isolation to suit your argument..... Blackbird has been very good so far for P'boro.

Look at Adam Ellis at Ipswich & the 2 Lewis's at Newcastle as well then if you want as they're exactly the same?.

This draft was solely a cost cutting exercise & is proving that it's easier to score points in the Elite lge than what they are doing in the Premier lge.

• Like 2

It is ridiculous to expect significant improvement so soon.

It seems odd that it is mainly Swindon supporters who are so critical of the draft system. They have done exceptionally well picking Steve Worrall. Other teams have poorer first picks and second picks who are struggling but seem more prepared to give the draft a chance and more able to see the potential benefits.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3

It seems odd that it is mainly Swindon supporters who are so critical of the draft system. They have done exceptionally well picking Steve Worrall. Other teams have poorer first picks and second picks who are struggling but seem more prepared to give the draft a chance and more able to see the potential benefits.

and I'm pretty sure that had it not been for his accident Ritchings would have improved quite quickly to.

I don't think Leicester want to drop Clegg but he does seem to be playing on their minds in terms of what's good for him. I think a rider on a run of last places affects those around them rather than the riders themselves and they should be left to get on with it. Where the problem comes is because the reserve scores affect the meeting result and if the 1-5 aren't performing it is even more evident for instance Berwick v Newcastle last night it's fair to say that Berwick carried Carr but they can do that because the rest of the team are pulling in big scores but he will start performing eventually because he is a very determined young man. When the overseas riders come hear most of them have had their bad form and made their improvements out of sight. The British boys have to do it in full gaze.

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

I'm not being critical of the draft system. I'm saying Swindon are likely to be the first to make a change.

That was the initial question and that was the question I was answering.

Look at Adam Ellis at Ipswich & the 2 Lewis's at Newcastle as well then if you want as they're exactly the same?.

This draft was solely a cost cutting exercise & is proving that it's easier to score points in the Elite lge than what they are doing in the Premier lge.

The draft was certainly a cost cutting exercise. The BSPA aren't alone. It's a disease that's spread all over the place. Transfer call centres to India 'It will enable us to give excellent customer service' type gollox. It's purely to save money.

I call it self interest wearing a helping others frock. BSPA, self interest? You decide.

How does posting about Max Clegg & several other riders in the draft including Dan Greenwood make this a Swindon issue?.

I posted about the draft system full stop.

How does posting about Max Clegg & several other riders in the draft including Dan Greenwood make this a Swindon issue?.

I posted about the draft system full stop.

Read my post again. The only Swindon issue is that it is mainly, not exclusively, Swindon fans who are critical of the draft system.

I suspect the real reason is the poor 1-5 chosen by Roscoe, which has highlighted the reserves performance.

You could well be right but probably better to judge in October rather than April.

TBF, and I've said this many times now so sorry for sounding like a broken record. Swindon have had a really bad hand dealt to them with the draft, "You must sign two NL riders. Thats one has quit though, so now you have to have someone from the crumbs left by others. And you know the half decent rider you do have? He's going to miss a load of meeting because his PL team has priority - despite the fact we forced you to sign a double upper."

TBF, and I've said this many times now so sorry for sounding like a broken record. Swindon have had a really bad hand dealt to them with the draft, "You must sign two NL riders. Thats one has quit though, so now you have to have someone from the crumbs left by others. And you know the half decent rider you do have? He's going to miss a load of meeting because his PL team has priority - despite the fact we forced you to sign a double upper."

Steve seems to be available to guest for every other team in the lge though which just makes it even worse.

I guess the real reasons of why Swindon let Josh go & whether it had anything to do with Sheffield dropping their interest In Nick will never be known but it is what it is.

Swindon do seem to have slipped up letting Steve join The Aces as an asset though when they should've got him first.