British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Fast Track Riders

I agree it was a severe imbalance but isn't it Leicester's fault for not choosing different riders than they did? Aren't King's Lynn to be praised for choosing the riders they did? Or were the riders allotted with no say from the clubs involved, a bit like Rider Control in the old days?

If it was all down to club's selections then it's similar to how every season ALL teams start equal in that they all have a set points limit. Praise should be given to those clubs whose selections end up scoring much higher than the others and criticism should be levelled at those whose choices have their team outclassed?

Norrie Allan has admitted it was their bad pick and he asked the supporters not to blame the riders.

Ain't it great to see how the draft system is working fairly again tonight in the Kings Lynn Vs. Leicester meeting tonight :sad:

KL already had 'off the shelf' riders that they had been developing over tha last couple of years can't blame them for that. Other EL teams will have to do the same if the draft list is to stay and succeed which, I believe is the point?

• Like 6

Ain't it great to see how the draft system is working fairly again tonight in the Kings Lynn Vs. Leicester meeting tonight :sad:

You seem to have major issue with Kings Lynn and their FTR. Am I right, your not a lover of this new Draft System????? :lol:

You seem to have major issue with Kings Lynn and their FTR. Am I right, your not a lover of this new Draft System????? :lol:

Crazy robin appears not to be a lover of anything speedway.

Does anyone know where the first set of unofficial averages for the new draft riders can be found ?

Does anyone know where the first set of unofficial averages for the new draft riders can be found ?

Phil Morris's laptop?!

• Like 1

I still can't belive the way they have set up the FTR. You have some that have riden in the EL for a couple of years, most who have riden in the PL and the poor guys who have done nothing than ride in the NL. How can the lads that are riding against those with previous EL racing stand a chance.

I think any of them that had riden in the EL or had a team place in the PL, that was far above the other lads should have been given a ride in the lower team order not the reserves.

The reserves should have been of all the same status. Young lads that had just riden in the NL for 1 or 2 seasons with no other league experiance.

The likes of Newman and Morris plus Blackbird the list goes on makes the whole thing a complete farce from day 1

Nice to see all the hard work you put in doing that list. You have done a great job.

The 2 lads at Leicester where both a couple of Norrie Allens prodigits. So the only people to blame are the Lions management for 2 riders that are well out of thier depth.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

I still can't belive the way they have set up the FTR. You have some that have riden in the EL for a couple of years, most who have riden in the PL and the poor guys who have done nothing than ride in the NL. How can the lads that are riding against those with previous EL racing stand a chance.

I think any of them that had riden in the EL or had a team place in the PL, that was far above the other lads should have been given a ride in the lower team order not the reserves.

The reserves should have been of all the same status. Young lads that had just riden in the NL for 1 or 2 seasons with no other league experiance.

The likes of Newman and Morris plus Blackbird the list goes on makes the whole thing a complete farce from day 1

Nice to see all the hard work you put in doing that list. You have done a great job.

The 2 lads at Leicester where both a couple of Norrie Allens prodigits. So the only people to blame are the Lions management for 2 riders that are well out of thier depth.

Be careful or you'll be accused of only showing a concern because your club don't have good ones like I do when I dare question it.

Failing that you'll be accused of not liking the sport either although you've watched it for 40 years.

• Like 1

The 2 lads at Leicester where both a couple of Norrie Allens prodigits......

says who?????

Says Norrie Allen when he took over as manager of the Lions. He said on the Lions website. That they had lots of talent and would be a great asset to the club and I have worked with the for a number of years.

It looks like the talent is a little faded, to say the least.

Couldn't give two hoots what they say, like you we stand by our own opinions. I am sure we have been around long enough to know how the sport works.

Edited by weatherwatcher

The averages for the current 20 fast track riders attached to a team are as below. Still a very limited number of guest rides have taken place by non-attached and indeed attached riders so there's no point listing them at the moment.

They are current up to and including Monday 28th April and i compiled them using the Speedway Star match reports.

The number in brackets is the rank of the rider in the ORIGINAL draft. The riders averages show how they are comparing to their original ranking. This list's main purpose is to show how the riders are performing on the track by averages. After the team name comes matches-rides-points-bonus points-total points.

9.20 Kyle Newman (3) Poole 2 10 21 2 23

8.50 Lewis Blackbird (4) Eastbourne 5 24 44 7 51

8.15 Lewis Kerr (1) King's Lynn 6 26 48 5 53

6.63 Adam Ellis (7) Lakeside 9 41 60 8 68

6.10 James Sarjeant (19) Coventry 6 21 24 8 32

6.00 Stefan Nielsen (5) Belle Vue 7 30 39 6 45

5.92 Jason Garrity (2) Coventry 6 25 33 4 37

5.67 Paul Starke (9) Birmingham 3 12 15 2 17

5.62 Ben Morley (21) Lakeside 10 37 42 10 52

5.47 Steve Worrall (13) Swindon 4 19 24 2 26

5.47 Ashley Morris (8) Wolverhampton 7 30 37 4 41

5.27 Lewis Rose (26) King's Lynn 6 22 23 6 29

5.26 Tom Perry (11) Leicester 8 38 40 10 50

4.55 Daniel Halsey (18) Eastbourne 8 29 27 6 33

4.29 Joe Jacobs (10) Wolverhampton 4 14 13 2 15

3.43 Simon Lambert (12) Birmingham 5 21 15 3 18

3.26 Max Clegg (27) Leicester 8 27 17 5 22

2.53 Dan Greenwood (29) Swindon 5 19 9 3 12

2.15 Lee Smart (14) Poole 4 13 6 1 7

2.00 Ben Reade (16) Belle Vue 6 22 9 2 11

Only unattached rider with more than two matches ridden is Ben Compton who has had four matches

2.86 Benji Compton (15) 4 14 8 2 10

Only significant-ish difference in averages with guest rides included is Steve Worrall's extra three bookings take his average up to 6.59.

Edited by manchesterpaul

So from that list, the bottom four, Clegg, D,Greenwood. Smart and Reade are not Heat leaders in the NL, It is not the riders fault they are included in the draft, when some NL Heat leaders are not, THATS where the fault lies.

Olly Greenwood, should have been in there, Josh Bates, we know why he isnt in, but that still leaves 2 riders short, Yes maybe Tim Webster if he had started the season in the form from when he retired, and possibly Ben Hopwood, those four would maybe at least equal or better than the four at the bottom of the chart.

Also, why is Garrity fast tracking, when Birks isnt ?

Edited by greyhoundp

Crazy robin appears not to be a lover of anything speedway.

What a pathetic post as I've watched for over 40 years & would hardly do that if your stupid post was correct would I?.

The draft system is a good idea but was poorly done but hey ho that's just an opinion on a forum so hardly makes me Peter Sutcliffe or Harold Shipman does it :D

KL already had 'off the shelf' riders that they had been developing over tha last couple of years can't blame them for that. Other EL teams will have to do the same if the draft list is to stay and succeed which, I believe is the point?

No can't blame them for that at all but it's all about being in the right place at the right time as other clubs have tried National Lge sides in the past & guess if the draft system was brought in then they would've benefitted.

Kings Lynn certainly weren't expecting it unless The Chapman's can see into the future.

Edited by Crazy robin

Also, why is Garrity fast tracking, when Birks isnt ?

Because Garrity has never ridden EL. And he's under 21. Surely he's exactly what the draft is about?!

The 2 lads at Leicester where both a couple of Norrie Allens prodigits......

says who?????

Someone who can't spell?