British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 28/04/2014

He travelled to Edinburgh for PL matches at the back end of last season and indeed signed for them (only to be ruled out by injury).

From Barnsley, Poole is about the same distance.

According the BSPA site, Smart was (for some extraordinary reason) higher.

Distance wise, Bates has already said he is looking for a closer team for EL.

As far as the original list goes i stand corrected.. Smart is indeed 2 places higher. Now, that IS odd. ;)

Shouldn't have, couldn't have, mightn't have?? The fact was that Bates was lower on the original list!!

Yes, i stand corrected.

• Like 1

Fact is still the same. Bates dropped out of the draft so should not be allowed back on it just to ride for a club of his choice makes the system a mockery. Still going for Belle Vue by 6

If he likes it so much much why does he trash the track on twitter??

he may not like the track but the point everyone is making us that in his last 4 visits there he has scored a bucketload of points . So basically if he only gets 4 or 5 and Poole lose then no Poole fan can state it's because he doesn't like the track because its obvious he scores well there.
  • Like 1

Bates will be higher on draft than Smart as Morris said it goes on current averages/form.

Bates has much higher NL average than Smart and also in better form

• Like 1

Bates will be higher on draft than Smart as Morris said it goes on current averages/form.

Bates has much higher NL average than Smart and also in better form

Can't wait to see these new draft lists as bet there will be so surprises.

As I said Bates should not be allowed on the draft list this season he made his choice. If he is he should now be above Smart based on NL averages.

• Like 1

If the BSPA are using a grading system similar to that used in the old Conference League Smart would have a higher grade because he is older and has been riding for longer.

Fact is still the same. Bates dropped out of the draft so should not be allowed back on it just to ride for a club of his choice makes the system a mockery. Still going for Belle Vue by 6he may not like the track but the point everyone is making us that in his last 4 visits there he has scored a bucketload of points . So basically if he only gets 4 or 5 and Poole lose then no Poole fan can state it's because he doesn't like the track because its obvious he scores well there.

Jesus I made the comment that Holder hates the Belle Vue track and this guy still argues the toss! You couldn't make it up even though it's on record what Holder thinks.

Bet he still thinks Bates will end up at Poole the way he and Steve Brum go on about it. PMSL!!!!!

As I said Bates should not be allowed on the draft list this season he made his choice. If he is he should now be above Smart based on NL averages.

Totally agree,but I see no reason why he can't to go into the 1-5 of a team if he chooses.

If the BSPA are using a grading system similar to that used in the old Conference League Smart would have a higher grade because he is older and has been riding for longer.

I wouldn't think they are using that system,as Lewis Kerr wouldn't be ranked number 1.He's only been riding a couple of years,where as several have been riding longer.

Edited by tellboy

Jesus I made the comment that Holder hates the Belle Vue track and this guy still argues the toss! You couldn't make it up even though it's on record what Holder thinks.

Bet he still thinks Bates will end up at Poole the way he and Steve Brum go on about it. PMSL!!!!!

No you made the made the comment and used it as a factor in that Poole would lose by 12 ..the fact is Holder has a great record around the track .

• Like 1

No you made the made the comment and used it as a factor in that Poole would lose by 12 ..the fact is Holder has a great record around the track .

I said Holder hates the place and so it has proved. I still think Poole will lose this one by around that amount due to having a team of big track racers that will struggle on the very tight turns.

Would loved to be proved wrong.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well said & amazing that it seems to have been missed by Steve & Lisa.

• Like 1

Having a good record around there has nothing to do with what someone thinks of a place. We have a good record around Blunsdon but personally I hate the track. No different.

Anyway Middlo will do his best to fire them up and I expect Josh and Noddy to score OK but Milik has never seen the place so nothing coming there other than a likely visit to the fence on bend two.

Magic wobbles around the place but we might see a few points from Shamek. Zagar , Nicholls and roller Cook will probably only be threatened by Holder. The boys need to get out the gate and ride streaky to have a chance.

SS is still prattling on utterly predictably. He's become a parody of himself.

The routine is

- spend the entire Winter stating that the Pirates are going to be the dominant team etc etc

- spend the entire season predicting a Pirates loss or a tight fixture - to give more opportunities for gloating later. (he was even trying it before last weeks Pirates/Brummies match - Christ, everyone knows it's going to be a massacre)

- spend the entire few weeks after the end of the season stating that Poole were obviously the best.

- return to the first point and begin again

• Like 4

(he was even trying it before last weeks Pirates/Brummies match - Christ, everyone knows it's going to be a massacre)

You don't actually believe the twaddle you spew out, do you?

Make things up to fit your argument?

I started the Brum V. Poole thread, and said I expected us to get the four points. It's the first post go read it yourself.

You lose the argument the second your start to lie and make things up. Toodle pip!