British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions 30/04/14

l

Apart from last week when Wolves reserves out scored Stars at NA .........?

I stand corrected then so let's see how many times it happens from here till the end if the season shall we??.

For the last time I am a fan of a draft system but just not the way this is panning out.

I hope it stays but just as the other teams can't track all their assets at 1-5 due to a points limit other teams can't think they can keep their reserves cos that's not how speedway has always been.

Kenny B is going to be a big miss for a few weeks. Is it R/R or can we bring in guests ? If it is the latter, Watt, Mads and Nicholls would seem the likely ones to get the nod. It would seem the 2nd strings were the ones down on scoring power, but with the all round strength of the team this was covered by Team Lewis. Its a team Sport, and at the end of the day the 7 riders came through with the result. No the scoreline wasnt as big as many would have predicted but you still only get 3 points for it if you win by 10 or win by 30.

All but Chris Holder as a guest are available

Just going from the Proboard updates, sounded as though by that stage the only viable racing line was out near the fence. If so, what would you expect Doyle to do - move in and say "after you, old chap" ?

Fair point, but I'd still expect him to leave Bjerre enough room to get round if he's brave enough, hed got alongside Doyle at the end of the home straight. I dont mind hard riding but personally not a fan of the Nikki Pedersen-style of nipping people right up so they have no choice but to bail out.

• Like 1

Thoughts?!!....you (and others who think this will be a close meeting) must be on "something" if you think this will be anything other than a whitewash farce of a meeting!!! Lynn will win by at least 15 points, without even having to breaking sweat!

Yet another one who didn't get it right! Yes, you won, but once again we showed that the Lions have the ability to rise to the challenge and fight for points. We might loose but it'll rarely be a walkover. I said at the start of the season that we will surprise a few people and we have. Our 1-5 matched your 1-5 and the reserves made the difference. And BTW, I'm not 'on' anything - unless the wife is slipping me something in my cornflakes!

Team Lewis looks V strong. Thought Kerr was unlucky at P'borough and to think that Rose has only been riding two years is amazing! Definitely one to watch.

Interesting that both Kings Lynn and Poole struggled last night to beat Brum and Leicester. Both meetings closer than expected.

What surprised me here is that Leicester matched Kings Lynn with their top 5. We know where Leicesters problems lie and that is the reserves. Kings Lynn do have the best reserve pairing in the EL by a mile and the completely unbalanced scoring from here got the home side through.

Hope Bjerre hasn't broken anything. If he has he can be covered much better this year.

It was a weird match as we only recorded one 4th place all night but if Doyle hadn't broken the tapes we may well have dropped a match point. What I will say is that unless we sort our our collective gating out we won't win anything, can't keep giving good riders such an advantage from the start. Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Another 3 points, but went home quite down after Kenny's fall. Straight away it looked like a collarbone, he simply couldn't do anything about it. Doyle and him were so close and neither was giving an inch but with Doyle pushing him wide, there was simply no where for Kenneth to go. Hard racing,

Any idea on how long these things take to heal? Don't want to rush Bjerre back but his heavy scoring potential is an essential part to the Stars machine.

Fair play to Leicester, they were battered early on but used the tactical rides well to gain momentum. Good travelling support which is always good to see and should be applauded, a welcome addition to the EL.

Finally, Mads was sensational : )

Fair point, but I'd still expect him to leave Bjerre enough room to get round if he's brave enough, hed got alongside Doyle at the end of the home straight. I dont mind hard riding but personally not a fan of the Nikki Pedersen-style of nipping people right up so they have no choice but to bail out.

Nicki style is NEVER the way to go grr

All but Chris Holder as a guest are available

Best wishes to Bjerre for a speedy recovery, hopefully it's not as bad as expected. I think replacements are all bar Holder and Zagar (and Woffinden away).

Edited by Nellie

Can the Stars have a guest for 2nd in the averages?

Or does it have to be RR??

Hope Bjerre is OK, only injuries could de-rail there dominance.

Edited by stevebrum

Can the Stars have a guest for 2nd in the averages?

Or does it have to be RR??

Hope Bjerre is OK, only injuries could de-rail there dominance.

I think because the reserves are now a bit weaker, it's been changed to a guest facility or R/R in the 1-5.

I think because the reserves are now a bit weaker, it's been changed to a guest facility or R/R in the 1-5.

I know the rules around instant RR changed but i couldn't remember if they allowed guests for all the 1-5. Makes more sense if its allowed.

I know the rules around instant RR changed but i couldn't remember if they allowed guests for all the 1-5. Makes more sense if its allowed.

17.6 FACILITIES

a) Absent Rider (1 – 5) G or ARR

B) “No Facility” for Absent 1-5 PL G (PL MA of 6.00 or less)

c) Absent #6 or #7 G (FTDP Rider only)

It does make sense, hence why it's so confusing that it's been adopted.

• Like 1

Maybe we could bring in MJJ as a short term replacement :wink:

Wolves had Harris for Pawlicki at Leicster is that the same