British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Adam Roynon Dropped By Sheffield

good to see Roynon missed by Sheffield tonight, he would def have scored more than r/r

good to see Roynon missed by Sheffield tonight, he would def have scored more than r/r

what makes you think that??

think he would have scored more than r/r did

a point or 2 maybe, but not what a HL should.

Why was the facility of RR allowed for Roynon when he had been sacked and not out injured or deemed to be withholding his services

Why was the facility of RR allowed for Roynon when he had been sacked and not out injured or deemed to be withholding his services

I would imagine down to a BSPA Management Committee cock up.

Sheffield were initially granted written permission to use Rider Replacement for Ty Proctor on Friday.

The Berwick Promotion, raised an objection on the afternoon before the match, and it was then decided that Sheffield would have to use Rider Replacement for Adam Roynon.

Question is who from the Management Committee gave Sheffield written permission to use Rider Replacement for Ty Proctor.

I would assume that someone from the Management Committee gave written permission.

I would imagine down to a BSPA Management Committee cock up.

Sheffield were initially granted written permission to use Rider Replacement for Ty Proctor on Friday.

The Berwick Promotion, raised an objection on the afternoon before the match, and it was then decided that Sheffield would have to use Rider Replacement for Adam Roynon.

Question is who from the Management Committee gave Sheffield written permission to use Rider Replacement for Ty Proctor.

I would assume that someone from the Management Committee gave written permission.

Had Proctor ridden for Sheffield last Thursday then r/r would've been for him in the meeting last night, and all within the rules as he was required for his EL club, so no problem there. Quite how Sheffield were let away with r/r for Roynon last night is quite bizarre, afterall it was Sheffield who sacked him. Maybe Sheffield re-declared their 1-7 again to include Roynon on Friday, with Roynon refusing to ride, that would mean he was withholding his services and Sheffield were granted r/r. That means Roynon cops a 28-day ban and Sheffield can re-declare their team, this time to include Proctor and everyone's happy.

• Like 1

Can a club sack a rider and then put him back in the team without his permission? Is he not a free agent if sacked and would need to be signed again? Something similar happened with the Comets and James Wright, they sacked him, couldn't sign Piszc (I think) and James rode in the next meeting, very well too.

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

Can a club sack a rider and then put him back in the team without his permission? Is he not a free agent if sacked and would need to be signed again? Something similar happened with the Comets and James Wright, they sacked him, couldn't sign Piszc (I think) and James rode in the next meeting, very well too.

There`s probably a rule with a sub-section that would stop that happening, but on the face of it I don't see a problem, which is the point, if Sheffield offered the chance for Roynon to come back into the team, and he refused then they quite within in the rules to claim Roynon as withholding his services and get R/R at Berwick last night. Subsequently Roynon should now be banned for 28-days for doing so.

All we want is a bit of clarity, from either the BSPA or Sheffield Speedway. Both have websites so its not like they cant make a statement.

I read somewhere that Sheffield weren't told that they couldn't use r/r for Proctor until 20 minutes prior to the meeting - would have been harsh for us not to have some form of facility given permission had apparently been given for Proctor and then not being informed that the decision was reversed. Only in speedway could a decision like that be taken one day and reversed at a point in time when the effected team could do bugger all about it

Come on! You can't ban Roynan for 28 days!

He was sacked last week so surely that ends his contract with Sheffield. If they re-declare with him back in the team they surely must have his agreement to do so?

I read somewhere that Sheffield weren't told that they couldn't use r/r for Proctor until 20 minutes prior to the meeting - would have been harsh for us not to have some form of facility given permission had apparently been given for Proctor and then not being informed that the decision was reversed. Only in speedway could a decision like that be taken one day and reversed at a point in time when the effected team could do bugger all about it

From the 2014 Speedway Regulations:

Rule 16.5.3 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared.

Come on! You can't ban Roynan for 28 days!

He was sacked last week so surely that ends his contract with Sheffield. If they re-declare with him back in the team they surely must have his agreement to do so?

If Sheffield re-declared him back into their 1-7, then he should've been at Berwick last night.

• Like 1

You can't just re-declare with a rider in the team after you have publically announced his removal from the team the week before. Well I know you can, but it's totally wrong. No way should Roynan be banned for last nights fiasco.

Otherwise anyone can declare anyone in their team.

• Like 1

From the 2014 Speedway Regulations:

Rule 16.5.3 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared.

Perhaps you could reproduce the bit about timescales for team line up notifications and protests.

IF Sheff were only told of the decision to reverse the facility for Proctor 20 mins before the start this is outside the regulatory timescales.

The final decision to allow r/r for Roynon was therefore probably a compromise due to both clubs technically being on the right side of the regulations!

when did this dropping people left right and centre start? All for the sake of what? I don't think its healthy and i don't think its fair. Obviously it needs to happen very occasionally but it seems like everyones turning into Poole.

• Like 1