British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

Newcastle V Workington 04/05/2014

Great win for the comets wish I had gone mills looked like the weak link ride on comets you are the best of the best .

Great win for the comets wish I had gone mills looked like the weak link ride on comets you are the best of the rest .

Edited for accuracy

Very strong performance from the workington team, unusual for the diamonds to get beat at home , good racing tho. Pity about the ref not rerunning heat 15 even tho they were only on their second lap.

1. Stuart Robson-Alright night but I think he is feeling the effects of having to ride number 1 and how much harder it is than number 3.

2. Lewis Kerr-Struggled in his first 2 rides but he soon overcame that and only dropped 1 point for the remainder of the meeting with a spectacular tactical win.

3. R/R-Only got 3 points from R/R I think Rosen would have at least doubled that maybes even tripled it.

4. Ludvig Lindgren-Decent night to score 10 points and had a lightening heat 14 win :t:

5. Christian Henry-Struggled a bit at number 5 hopefully George will move him to 4 and Ludvig to 5.

6. Chris Schramm-Steady night and done well to score 5 in the end.

7. Lewis Rose-Some great races and a brilliant 8-1 for Rose tonight I think he is going to be something special in a few seasons time.

An okay performance tonight but I hope for better things next week. Hopefully Anton will be back and scoring big.

Here's hoping :t:

Pretty entertaining meeting,... Would've probably been as close had Anton & Rene been riding.

Grajczonek will never score another max as easy as that in his life

Unacceptable from the Diamonds. 3 heat winners at home. Shambolic.

• Like 2

Unacceptable from the Diamonds. 3 heat winners at home. Shambolic.

yeah,,, and it took a while to get the first,,, well, could be worse :-(

Diamonds are looking in a bit of trouble this season.

Will they turn it around?

Deserved win for the Comets tonight. Out gated the Diamonds time and time again and with not a pass of note to report that was the decisive factor. I can't recall seeing a Diamonds side being left at the start as often as they were tonight and three races winners all night tells its own story.

Bottom line is that the Diamonds are lacking firepower and are going to find it hard work when a side turns up with one or more strong heat leaders. Grajczonek was a case in point tonight and always looked likely to end up with a maximum.

When this side was put together it clearly lacked proven top end strength with the highest average rider on not much over 7. I think the hope was that Rosen or maybe even Kerr would step up and fill the void left by Richie's departure but it just hasn't looked like happening so far and although that weakness was perhaps accentuated due to the poor gating tonight, it is a clearly a serious issue.

Despite all of that there was still an opportunity to get out of jail tonight. The 8-1 reduced the gap to just three, but Henry's ef when leading could hardly have been more badly timed. Even then there was an opportunity when Josh G was finally out gated in heat 13 but Robson failed to drift and block the outside move which he surely should have done and that was that. In reality though we only had a chance because of the 8-1 and I remain of the opinion that the home side should not be allowed tactical rides. With 12 heat winners out of 15 the right team won.

• Like 5

internationl star wars day. MAY THE 4th be with you .. it was today..