British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smod

Sheffield V Berwick (ko Cup Restaging) May 8

Weve had a few spots of rain on and off but fine at the moment 1 1/2 miles from track.Thought we would have had some news on proctor by now.

Just posted on Tigers website:-

SHEFFIELD Speedway can confirm tonight's match against Berwick remains ON.

Conditions are good and the meeting is therefore set to go ahead with the usual start-time of 7.45pm.

Sheffield are still awaiting a decision concerning the availability of Ty Proctor for the meeting.

And if Proctor can not ride what then? If we need a NL guest would need to have booked one by now.

Just posted on Tigers website:-

SHEFFIELD Speedway can confirm tonight's match against Berwick remains ON.

Conditions are good and the meeting is therefore set to go ahead with the usual start-time of 7.45pm.

Sheffield are still awaiting a decision concerning the availability of Ty Proctor for the meeting.

so proctors not riding and we will have a NL guest in his place but if we announce it it will affect the crowd

and as far as i can make out proctor had a visa to ride for wolves and somerset

to ride for sheffield he needs a visa to ride for wolves and sheffield, so he has the right type of visa, but with the wrong team on it, may be it should have been for any team begining with S

PS raining now

and i still say that if the BSPA had refused to grant a facility for Saturday the situation would have been resolved

Sheffield tried it on, the BSPA let them

Edited by The Third Man

I agree totally that proctor must be out of the meeting.. He would had needed to know to prepare bikes and leave for track fairly soon.. If there is no confirmation before 5.30 I will make the decision not to bother..

so proctors not riding and we will have a NL guest in his place but if we announce it it will affect the crowd

to ride for sheffield he needs a visa to ride for wolves and sheffield, so he has the right type of visa, but with the wrong team on it, may be it should have been for any team begining with S

PS raining now

and i still say that if the BSPA had refused to grant a facility for Saturday the situation would have been resolved

If your post is accurate I can see them watering the track at 5 o'clock !!!
  • Like 1

Hi Has Anybody Near The Track Got Any Weather Update Please Before We Set Of Please

PS raining now

the fault lies solely with the BSPA hence them granting r/r facility (for roynon)

the fault lies solely with the BSPA hence them granting r/r facility (for roynon)

Time will tell if you are right or wrong. If it is a visa issue it is between the employer and the employee to get it right; I don't believe the BSPA sacked Roynon?

Edited by Local Boy

Well we decided to stay at home, all this concern over Proctor and the dodgey forecast had me thinking it might not take a lot to call this off so not worth the risk, i have no idea who is responsible for this Proctor fiasco but it needs sorted ASAP absolute comedy at its best.. Maybe get down for the league match..

Well we decided to stay at home, all this concern over Proctor and the dodgey forecast had me thinking it might not take a lot to call this off so not worth the risk, i have no idea who is responsible for this Proctor fiasco but it needs sorted ASAP absolute comedy at its best.. Maybe get down for the league match..

Whenever signing a rider surely the club must get everything in place before announcing it to the public, clearly in this case Sheffield didn't and have made a pigs ear of the whole thing.

On tonight, Sheffield know they cant have R/R for Proctor, if he doesn't make it. My guess is they will insist that Roynon is still in their 1-7 and be giving R/R for as they were last Saturday, which as we all know is just plain wrong and against the BSPA`s own rules.

• Like 1

So Proctors a Tiger, all we have to do now is get this meeting on. Decent around their own track they may be, but there will be many questions should Berwick find a way in chucking their lead away.

persistent rain now set in !!!