British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Lakeside V Kings Lynn 19 May El A Sky Match

Go ahead, report it. I have explained it, you still have an issue. The issue is yours. But I'll try again. My point is people are only complaining about Adam Ellis because he's the next big Brit and people like sticking the boot in. My factious comment was about how nobody has complained about Darren because he's not the next big thing, he's not on the radar so to speak so he won't be slagged off. As for "nobody cares" well see how many times his falling off and lying on the track was mention on this thread before I mentioned it, a grand total of none. So I will say it again, nobody cares - which is wrong,they should care as he cheated just as much as Ellis but he's not a young up and coming Brit so people don't need to put the boot in do they?

I love how you have turned Darren Mallett cheating into an attack on me, well played with your straw man argument.

Darren did exactly what Ellis did Darren sat down and waited for the red light to come on and when it did he got up straight away.

That is exactly how i saw it too... :t:

• Like 1

I think the difference was that Ellis did it at a vital time of the match. If Mallett had done it in heat 14 with the scores reversed I expect the reaction would have been very similar.

• Like 1

Why did you bring Darren Mallett into your post then. Not a straw man argument and you know it.

Besides Darren did not deliberately fall off did he because he was run wide and ran out of room.

I dont think Adam deliberately fell off either although he did choose to stay down.So very much the same.

Agree with Gordon Bennett in that it was the timing in the match that has caused the differing reactions.

I think I must have been watching a different meeting to some others on here?

I seem to remember seeing Darren being pinned under his bike, which in turn had an airbag on the lower half of of it. And, having got himself free and whilst trying to get his bike out from underneath it, I also remember seeing his foot-rest caught in the thick rubber flap (which is at the bottom of the airbag, and lies on the track surface).

Lakeside use the Briggo first generation airbags and, despite the term 'air', are heavy enough to require four guys to get them onto the flatbed lorry at the end of the meeting. And bear in mind airbags are zipped and strapped together, so there is a certain amount of combined weight to negotiate.

Adam however, seemed to go into a controlled slide. The two incidents, and their respective outcomes, were completely different.

Yep, I'm a Lakeside supporter but I have to say things fairly and how I see them.

• Like 1

Darren straightened up and fell on his own plenty of racing room. No contact last entering the first corner could of rode the inside line but got a out of shape and cheated basically. Not forgetting Darren just sat there as a spectator watching Lakeside on a 5-1 :D. Ellis then cheated so at the end of the night 2 NL riders cheated and both teams got there respective 5-1s.

Wrong Lakeside were on a 4-2

Comparing what Mallett did and what Ellis did are 2 different things completly. And before anyone argues im an Ipswich fan living in Essex so Lakeside are my second team and im not exactly a Lynn fan there is sort of a friendly rivalry between us and Lynn

imust have been watching a different meeting then as Mallett got run out wide and fell off and then had the air fence on part of his bike which was also pinning his leg. Ellis dropped it maybe deliberatly and then made no attempt to clear the track.

Incidents were not that similar

Just watched the Mallett incident again, and the guy was looking at the other 3 riders making zero effort to clear the track. As soon as the red lights came on he was up with very little effort. I have no doubt he stayed down on purpose..

• Like 1

I thought the TV showed Ellis trying valiantly (but failing) to release his leg from underneath the bike, after his back wheel just slid too much!! :D:wink:

• Like 1

Post # 283 SCB "Got to laugh at all the complaining about Ellis lying on the floor yet nobody has said anything about Darren Mallett doing it. Probably because he's rubbish and nobody cares about him".

Words underlined BWitcher now tell me I am tasteless with what I have posted

Cursor hovering over report button.

SCB has made a perfectly valid point.

Nobody cared about the incident as they didn't comment. At EL level Darren Mallett, at this stage in his career is not very good, rubbish is a term used to describe that. He has also explained the reasoning behind his post.

Now, it's perfectly fine to disagree with his reasoning, there are a couple on the thread who indeed have, but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether a rider knows someone who was killed on track or not and to bring such an event into a thread is as I said, tasteless.

Go ahead and report whatever you like.

I think the difference was that Ellis did it at a vital time of the match. If Mallett had done it in heat 14 with the scores reversed I expect the reaction would have been very similar.

That is the main point. Cant believe how some are comparing what happened at a vital point in the meeting during a race to what happened on the 1st bend of the opening lap!!

Of course Mallett stayed down because a ref MIGHT have seen it as 1st bend bunching (tho it was clear to all he was at fault).

Don`t think he deliberately fell, unlike Ellis.

I thought the TV showed Ellis trying valiantly (but failing) to release his leg from underneath the bike, after his back wheel just slid too much!! :D:wink:

I saw that, and miraculously pulled it straight out when the race was stopped. :D

No one likes a cheat. :wink:

• Like 1

Just watching the Sky coverage at last and the Lambert incident, they should have spoken to Robert as we're not so sure here that he intended to go off the track at all. His wheel was buckled by a coming together with Lawson on the first bend and it looked like he waited to confront him at the pit gate b4 turning back onto the track to get his point?