British Speedway Forum
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Poole Pirates Thursday 22nd May

I would still back the Pirates to beat Lynn over 2 legs; Poole got written off last year for being too top heavy but they won the league quite comfortably last season. When Poole are the under-dogs which they are against Lynn according to most people and the bookmakers; that's when they are at their most dangerous.

Jonasson in for either Milk or Grajocznek is a change that I'm expecting to happen and one that would strengthen the Pirates considerably as THJ is a heat-leader around Wimborne road and a proven play-off performer.

Yet more c**p..........when are you going to get it into your head that Josh G and Milik are NOT going anywhere..............Josh had a low score but he actually has a higher average than everyone except I believe Darcy.........Milik is good and remember he is on a learning curve...........never having ridden in the UK before...........

As stated before for the third time..........keep your nose out of the Poole team and what should be being done and put your own team in order............

RP

• Like 1

Yet more c**p..........when are you going to get it into your head that Josh G and Milik are NOT going anywhere..............Josh had a low score but he actually has a higher average than everyone except I believe Darcy.........Milik is good and remember he is on a learning curve...........never having ridden in the UK before...........

As stated before for the third time..........keep your nose out of the Poole team and what should be being done and put your own team in order............

RP

Don't get drawn in RP - its just for effect!!!

Screamer, I altered your post, hope you don't mind.. ....

You go on about our history and I for one am proud of what the Stars have achieved. Ok we haven't won the big title, the League championship, but that's not the big issue. What we have achieved we have done so by doing it right. We are one of the few clubs that have their own Stadium. We are one of the few clubs who have our own feeder section of talent in the National league, We are a club who competes within the rules. A club every riders want to ride for and every fan wants to come and watch. Other teams come here knowing they will be able to race and win. That counts for a lot.

This year we have assembled a wonderful team, one, able to win most matches. Whether we win the league or not is irrelevant. We should be enjoying the time that we are ruling the roost. Last year, Birmingham deservingly won the league, throughout the whole season, they performed the best to achieve that mantel. Just because we now have playoff's to satisfy the tele doesn't take away what Birmingham achieved. Not wanting to get involved with the exploits of certain club, but you'll always get a team that comes along and spoil the party, but that's what the rules allow.

So whether we win the play-offs or not I shall thoroughly enjoy this time when we are out performing other teams, and will keep harping on about 'How good we are' .

One day that mantel of league champions will eventually arrive...... Will it be this year ? ..... it could be.....who knows...... To be honest its not that important. What is important, is that the Stars continue to do it right, and while we do that , than I for one, will not be sitting on that bloody fence............

. A great post GR, Lynn are a side i have always admired since the Bettsy,Lee, era a club that was always run well has a great racing strip and do thing's in the right way.If they win the league that would be great if not so what! still a season of progress and something to build on.Two other points are PUK and the younger riders,Puk since being at Lynn has gone up three gears this i believe is because he feels wanted and he really enjoys his racing the fans love him there.It would be great if he could win a WC,what a great ambassador he would be for the sport.Now the young riders in my memory(it is going a bit) they have always tried to encourage the young uns not all have worked but the likes of Sparshott,Wordingham,Featherby(bless him RIP),Mallett,Morton, and endless others were given a chance.So it is great that they have Rose,Lambert,Kerr,who all have bright futures ahead of them hopefully all of them with the Lynn.
  • Like 4

......................we are ruling the roost. Last year, Birmingham deservingly won the league....................

Thing is KL don't "rule the roost"...................... NOTHING is won until its won (eg playoffs)

and last year Birmingham won NOW'T ........... sad to say (esp for Brummies) that the record books show Poole as league winners!

To me it's not about what you win, Its more about how you win. You may have your name on the trophy, but it was Birmingham that won all the respect from the speedway world last year. They deserved to win the league title, all you did was, conjure ways to cheat and deceive your way into the playoffs. and for that you don't earn any respect.

If that what its takes to win, then I would rather the Stars lose......

RP

Matt has been ruthless in the past with Howarth for example, THJ brings that X Factor and Matt and Middlo know it.

THJ and Ward had a 73% 5-1 Success rate last season while Ward and Josh G's this season is under 10%

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

I quoted what you said because it mentioned Swindon fans complaining and they have been the biggest moaners of the system so I just followed on from that to be honest. I was just stating that it's easy to get involved in NL racing with your own team or joining forces with others. It doesn't have to be expensive, it could be '£500 a week and we get 1st pick on rider's for sale' as an example

I have no idea how realistic your figure of £500 is but that is £26,000 a year. Just how many clubs can afford that? Not many is my guess considering most are losing money already.

Whatever arrangement Poole have with Scunthorpe mustn't give them first pick on their riders. Otherwise, I can't see they would have let Steve Worrall and Stefan Nielsen slip through their fingers.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

To me it's not about what you win, Its more about how you win. You may have your name on the trophy, but it was Birmingham that won all the respect from the speedway world last year. They deserved to win the league title, all you did was, conjure ways to cheat and deceive your way into the playoffs. and for that you don't earn any respect.

If that what its takes to win, then I would rather the Stars lose......

Shows just how wrong you are on so many counts:-

1 I don't have MY name an ANY EL playoff trophies!

2 I didn't cheat etc etc...... I wasn't even in the playoffs

3 Birmingham won only in your "deserving" world....... in everyone elses real world it was Poole...... and I even saw it on TV so it must be true !!!

4 I'm a KL supporter!

Don't get drawn in RP - its just for effect!!!

May be but it just annoys me that they think they know what they are talking about and we don't apparently.............which of course we do...........

RP

Very few clubs have the luxury of owning their own stadium to run an NL side or have the financial clout to fund an NL operation elsewhere.

• Like 3

Buster took the gamble and bought his own Speedway stadium, he has invested in a National League team and this season it has paid dividends. Does anyone begrudge him that after the amount of money he has undoubtedly invested ?

Matt has been ruthless in the past with Howarth for example, THJ brings that X Factor and Matt and Middlo know it.

THJ and Ward had a 73% 5-1 Success rate last season while Ward and Josh G's this season is under 10%

Total cookoo land,Poole are doing ok we all know that the changes you mentioned are total fantasy ?.Maybe one change i am not so sure, where as for THJ he is a glorified good second string no more than that. Edited by sidney

prat

Total cookoo land,Poole are doing ok we all know that the changes you mentioned are total fantasy ?.Maybe one change i am not so sure, where as for THJ he is a glorified good second string no more than that.

It certainly will not be for Josh or Milik if there is a change.............THJ is good but he would not fit in well at all with the current line up...........

RP

Total cookoo land,Poole are doing ok we all know that the changes you mentioned are total fantasy ?.Maybe one change i am not so sure, where as for THJ he is a glorified good second string no more than that.

THJ averaged 8.47 last year at Wimborne Road.

It certainly will not be for Josh or Milik if there is a change.............THJ is good but he would not fit in well at all with the current line up...........

RP

Tbf to the wind up merchant, thj or mjj for josh g or milik probably would strengthen the pirates. And realistically those two spots are tge area where poole could really strengthen if ford is concerned about losing come play off time. Not a criticism of either of pooles second strings, just a reflection of the current format.