British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien 2014 Round 3

1. I dont have to resort to personal abuse.

2. Yes I do think I'm right. Why would I say something I didn't think was right. That has to be one of the silliest statements anyone ever makes in a discussion as the opposite would be, "I sometimes think I'm wrong" - which would lead me to question why you post them things. Surely any time you post you think you're right too?

Anyway, a great meeting, as good as you'll see anywhere. Also thought Jack commentary was a little better, he seemed to have done a lot more background research.

Let me remind you what you said earlier.

"It's only good racing as the riders leading are thick as rubbish"

"The riders are showing they're not very clever"

Having followed and been enthralled by this wonderful sport for 66 years I am totally in awe of anyone brave and foolhardy enough to get round 4 laps in around 60 seconds. You denigrated Peter Protasiewicz, Niels- Kristian Iversen, Fredrik Lindgren, Emil Sayfutdinov, Jarek Hampel,Tai Woffinden and the other 8 riders. I guarantee you could not get round one lap of that track in under a minute and you have the gall to say they are "thick as rubbish"

One thing I have learned over the years is how little I do know . The only stupid question is the one I don't ask and I have the humility, when wrong, to admit it. We enjoy a pretty harmonious relaitionship on this section respecting contrary opinions and we don't go on and on and on battering the posts of people who have a different opinion as you did. . Sometimes they might just be right and you could be wrong once in a while. . Regards. Alan.

Next week will be the opposite. Vetlanda is one of the worst tracks in Elitserien. Rarely much passing, A typical "Hampel-track" with gate and leader after first bend wins the heat.

Unfortunately it looks like it's only highlights next week in the UK as Eurosport are showing live French open tennis.

Unfortunately it looks like it's only highlights next week in the UK as Eurosport are showing live French open tennis.

Yes and the 1st showing is not until Wednesday evening 10.40 pm-some complaints ought to be fired off to British Eurosport !!!. at least we can watch a Polish stream live.

Yes and the 1st showing is not until Wednesday evening 10.40 pm-some complaints ought to be fired off to British Eurosport !!!. at least we can watch a Polish stream live.

Don't worry, you won't miss anything of importance. ;)

Sopcast was an absolutely brilliant picture on Tuesday and I look forward to having some company . :lol: All the best. Alan.

2,219 for this meeting. Probably be referred to as a bumper attendance in UK lol.

I remember giving the Swedish average crowds and they obviously are better than the UK ones.

UPDATE:

Aha! a quick search gives the following average attendance for the 2013 season, NOT including the play-offs where you obviously get much larger crowds than during the season.

Ikaros Smederna 3,808

Dackarna 3,596
Indianerna 3.517
Piraterna 2.935
Elit Vetlanda 2,917
Västervik 2.590
Hammarby 1.934
Vargarna 1.738
As a comparison the attendances for the media dominating football is for their highest league 7,210, and for the second tier equivalent to the Champonship over here 2,451. So quite decent crowds indeed for the speedway bearing in mind the non-central (inhospitable lol) location of some of the tracks.

2219 for this meeting?! - where were they all hiding, behind the camera?

Anyway the size of crowd is of less importance than how much they pay to get in as a guide to how financially stable the clubs are? I'm just interested to get some comparisons.

2219 for this meeting?! - where were they all hiding, behind the camera?

Anyway the size of crowd is of less importance than how much they pay to get in as a guide to how financially stable the clubs are? I'm just interested to get some comparisons.

Vastervik, Smederna, Dakarna & Piraterna are all charging 170 sek for an adult entry with extra for grandstand of 20-30sek in most cases (per websites). 170 sek is just over £15 at current exchange rates. Under 11's are free and 12-17 50 sek

Vastervik, Smederna, Dakarna & Piraterna are all charging 170 sek for an adult entry with extra for grandstand of 20-30sek in most cases (per websites). 170 sek is just over £15 at current exchange rates. Under 11's are free and 12-17 50 sek

Cheers. So the clubs can't be making money with the costs of so many top riders and squads!!/

Edited by Skidder1

I think the referee had backed the Russians too! Let Renat get away with touching the tapes earlier and let him away with a flyer there :D

That the bogeyman will come and get them? :lol: Exactly the same here in the USA. Overprotective parenting? Should be the same situation in Denmark tonight as Sweden. http://kanalsport.dk/programoversigt All the best. Alan.

I used to take all 3 of my children, they're fine surprise surprise, they used to go to sleep in their pushchairs/car and we'd transfer them into bed and up in the mornings no worries lol

Edited by Trees

Anyone who missed or just wants to see again this weeks fantastic round 3 match Indianerna v Elite Vetlanda can watch it here (Polish ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7QlpaSLu8&list=PLLP7YA_mSetHtKi0S5qMBzU2Gcoy2FsoQ

Thanks R&R. Just watched it, some great racing on a proper race track, Pepe showing he's still a class act.

Ouch bad unexpected news. Oh well at least we are not losing it to a Scottish friendly football match. Then again the stage of the tournament they are broadcasting is the FIRST round :( GrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Definitely agree with sending in a complaint but hopefully those doing so will balance it with praise for the amount of coverage we are fortunate to be receiving.

Sopcast was an absolutely brilliant picture on Tuesday and I look forward to having some company . :lol: All the best. Alan.

If it was delayed coverage the same evening i'd wait for the TV but no way am i waiting until late Wednesday night! So i should be in the Sopcast stands too.

Fantastic meeting (plussed it and just got round to watching it)

For comparison went to a Danish Super Liga match earlier this month 100dk (~£11)

Big difference in cost structure for Sweden (&prob Denmark too) is the lack of astronomical stadium rental costs