British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Lakeside V Poole Saturday 24th May 8pm

Actual extract from article "The Pirates team boss, who had yet to find out the reasons behind the refusal" .

Says to me that Middlo hadn't been told why and therefore doesn't know.

Think we all know he means yet to find out why POOLE were refused !!

• Like 3

This may all be moot. It's been raining steadily for several hours here in Romford, which isn't so far from the track. TBH, with the weather as it is, and the half Pirates side on show, my warm and cosy armchair and the Champions League Final is looking a good option.

This may all be moot. It's been raining steadily for several hours here in Romford, which isn't so far from the track. TBH, with the weather as it is, and the half Pirates side on show, my warm and cosy armchair and the Champions League Final is looking a good option.

Hopefully the weather will intervene and stop yet another farce of a meeting.

Much as I can see the attraction of Saturday night speedway, it is a bit pointless scheduling meetings when there are so many riders missing.

If Lakeside had rode on their normal night....THEY would of had to use 3 PL guests (yes I know Poole would still have had to use 2 PL guests). Funny how it's not ok for their team to be missing 3 riders, but it's ok if it's the opposition!!!!!!!

This fixture was set for Saturday at the outset. It is not a change of date and was done to avoid the Euro Pairs. If, however, the match had taken place yesterday I have no doubt PK, Davey and Mikkel would have ridden for Lakeside leaving Australia, Sweden and Denmark to make alternative selections.

• Like 1

This fixture was set for Saturday at the outset. It is not a change of date and was done to avoid the Euro Pairs. If, however, the match had taken place yesterday I have no doubt PK, Davey and Mikkel would have ridden for Lakeside leaving Australia, Sweden and Denmark to make alternative selections.

I agree. Think if it had been on yesterday then it still would have been Poole riders missing as Magic and Ward would have rode in Best pairs

Well this is what happens when you fill your team with riders from other countries, I am amazed anyone finds this sort of thing happening a surprise.

Maybe if in time we can get enough UK riders to fill teams, this will stop happening.

However, this match should go ahead or you will always be slotting in matches around Poland, Denmark, u21 etc, and never get the season completed.

Poole are reaping what they sowed in this case.

• Like 1

Well this is what happens when you fill your team with riders from other countries, I am amazed anyone finds this sort of thing happening a surprise.

Maybe if in time we can get enough UK riders to fill teams, this will stop happening.

However, this match should go ahead or you will always be slotting in matches around Poland, Denmark, u21 etc, and never get the season completed.

Poole are reaping what they sowed in this case.

Actually no they are not............its affected other teams as well..........Coventry for example were forced to use a PL rider for Andersen the other day and had a reserve replacement for Garrity and R/R for Harris if I remember rightly.............what next...........the BSPA can fine you for having an understrength team because you are abiding by the rules that have been put in place.............

I really hope the weather intervenes in this one............

RP

As of 09:30 this morning no mention of any guests on the preview page for tonight's meeting on the Lakeside official site, they are actually listing the Pirates side as normal, false advertising?

• Like 1

I have been saying for years that the problem with British speedway is the constant use of guests and r/r.

Speedway needs to adopt a squad system with a minimum quota of British riders.

It would stop the farcical situation we have today with riders missing.

Edited by robolots

Actually no they are not............its affected other teams as well..........Coventry for example were forced to use a PL rider for Andersen the other day and had a reserve replacement for Garrity and R/R for Harris if I remember rightly.............what next...........the BSPA can fine you for having an understrength team because you are abiding by the rules that have been put in place.............

I really hope the weather intervenes in this one............

RP

Well Eastbourbe should have raced Swindon last week when they would have Kildemand and r/r for Batchelor and Covenrry this week then.

Well Eastbourbe should have raced Swindon last week when they would have Kildemand and r/r for Batchelor and Covenrry this week then.

That's what was suggested but funnily enough, Eastbourne didnt want that

As of 09:30 this morning no mention of any guests on the preview page for tonight's meeting on the Lakeside official site, they are actually listing the Pirates side as normal, false advertising?

They've updated it now. The promotion is basically saying forget the quality of the match, you'll be effectively paying to see Darcy Ward. Of course, that's a valid argument in lots of people's eyes. Ward is undeniably a fabulous rider, but in wet conditions with half the opposition being way below EL standard, I still think we're being taken for mugs now.

I say this with a heavy heart as a hard core supporter who has only missed 1 home meeting in 4 years, and that was because I was on holiday abroad. I'm hoping for an early rain off and a restaging at a date when we can see an Elite League team representing Poole.

Not first team to do it and unfortunately won't be the last.

Coventry went to Eastbourne last Sat with a NL rider instead of Hans, R/R for Harris and no Garrity.

Swindon have a 6pt PL rider instead of Kildemand against Eastbourne tomorrow

Coventry just got on with it as we stick to the rules. Poole agreed to the fixture, their own fault.

• Like 1

10.15am WEATHER CHECK:

Earlier here at Erith (just across Thames from Purfleet) we had very light rain but that has cleared and right now the sun has put in an appearance alongside patches of blue sky and white cloud above.

Next update circa 1pm

• Like 1