British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Plymouth V Scunthorpe - May 23rd 2014

Do me a favour, next week, you do the updates, why do you look at them when you know everything, the way I saw it was Ryan Douglas lost control rounding Kyle Newman going into bend one, then lost control, he was never in control of his bike to challenge Rasmus.

He was only pointing out how he saw something. Keep your underwear on ;)

Was gonna say the same thing. Devildodger is always so aggresive and confrontational.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Just like the Devils forum.You can have an opinion so long as it agrees with the mods.

Otherwise you get banned!

Edited by Penny Cross

He was only pointing out how he saw something. Keep your underwear on ;)

Don't wear any :lol:

Just like the Devils forum.You can have an opinion so long as it agrees with the mods.

Otherwise you get banned!

Been banned from the Devils forum, so don't give me all that crap, like you are the only one, you didn't say anything about it being your opinion, you said to correct the updates, if you had said in your opinion, nothing would have been said by me.

Was gonna say the same thing. Devildodger is always so aggresive and confrontational.

You will have me crying in a minute, this site is full of people like that, get use to it, or don't come on it, simple!.

Edited by Devildodger

You will have me crying in a minute, this site is full of people like that, get use to it, or don't come on it, simple!.

No, people have a right to voice their opinions without being set upon by bullies like you. Try growing up a bit.

Having done a bit of texting myself, I can appreciate DD's point to a degree. When you provide a service (and it does affect your enjoyment of a match) and then someone disagrees with your view it is somewhat annoying.

That is particularly the case where Plymouth is concerned, because I know Sue has had trouble getting texters in the past.

Having said that, when someone has taken issue with one of my texts in the past I have simply put it down to them having a different opinion (which is anything but unheard of) and don't regard it as a big issue.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Devildodger and Mikeyt provide the best updates on the site imo. I rarely miss home matches so thanks devildodger for putting a little more than "from the gate." Mikeyt also elaborates on each race which can only be good for the sport.

• Like 1

Having done a bit of texting myself, I can appreciate DD's point to a degree. When you provide a service (and it does affect your enjoyment of a match) and then someone disagrees with your view it is somewhat annoying.

That is particularly the case where Plymouth is concerned, because I know Sue has had trouble getting texters in the past.

Having said that, when someone has taken issue with one of my texts in the past I have simply put it down to them having a different opinion (which is anything but unheard of) and don't regard it as a big issue.

You make a fair point . You're trying to watch every aspect of a race , and dont forget you can have two battles going on 30 yards apart sometimes , and then trying to relate it to somebody else in a text , and usually with someone else blethering to you at the same time . It aint easy at times and it does affect your enjoyment of the meeting . And we know from arguments on here , how differently people can view incidents and other factors during a speedway race .

You make a fair point . You're trying to watch every aspect of a race , and dont forget you can have two battles going on 30 yards apart sometimes , and then trying to relate it to somebody else in a text , and usually with someone else blethering to you at the same time . It aint easy at times and it does affect your enjoyment of the meeting . And we know from arguments on here , how differently people can view incidents and other factors during a speedway race .

Spot on Paulco, I do it because if I didn't away supporters would have no idea how there teams was getting on, its not easy sometimes trying to give an account on a race, some will see it another way, its all about opinions, and if someone don't agree and gives there opinion, I have no problem with that, but when they say just to correct the updates, that's not on, if people want me just to give a result of the race then that's what I will do, I want to enjoy the meeting like everyone else, its not a paid job, and not easy sometimes when you get riders falling off and exclusions, and the first four heats on Friday until track grading was very quick, I would like some of the people on this site who have had a go at me to try it, instead of backing someone who just can't go to the meeting and enjoy it, and will always look for something to moan about.

• Like 1

Spot on Paulco, I do it because if I didn't away supporters would have no idea how there teams was getting on, its not easy sometimes trying to give an account on a race, some will see it another way, its all about opinions, and if someone don't agree and gives there opinion, I have no problem with that, but when they say just to correct the updates, that's not on, if people want me just to give a result of the race then that's what I will do, I want to enjoy the meeting like everyone else, its not a paid job, and not easy sometimes when you get riders falling off and exclusions, and the first four heats on Friday until track grading was very quick, I would like some of the people on this site who have had a go at me to try it, instead of backing someone who just can't go to the meeting and enjoy it, and will always look for something to moan about.

It's why i do it as well Devildodger . I look into to the updates whenever Glasgow are away and i cant be there , so it's only right to repay the compliment . You mentioned about just putting the result of the race , haha last year i had the announcer at Glasgow tell me not just to put " from the gate " while doing the updates . He went on " try to expand things and make the race seem exciting " . Seems when you take on the role of texter from a track , you get it in the neck from all directions at times :lol:

Devildodger, thanks very much for the updates on Friday, it's a great service.

But I don't think the initial person was criticising you as such, simply pointing out they'd seen it differently.

In the meantime, please could with the updates - they are much appreciated by many people.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I agree mate, I have no problem with someone giving an opinion, but when someone says to correct updates, I don't see that as giving an opinion, I see that as he saying that the updates are wrong, and he is right, i'm not saying everything about the meetings I report on at Plymouth are spot on, but I try the best I can, in the time I have between heats, to give an accurate report on what happened in the race, and when people around me are trying to give there opinion, its not easy, because i'm the one who sends the report to Mike, so I have to get it right.

Edited by Devildodger