British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrmiddlesbrough

Redcar Vs Ipswich 22/5/14

well no thread started so ill get the ball rolling

will we see any racing tonight after being ravished by rain for most of the day is the question or will we manage to get it to heat 12 with a 7 point lead and get it rained of to steal all the points :rofl:

no rain near the STeMP since dinner time only the odd bit of sea fret here and their, light rain is forcast from 7pm onwards with heavy rain developing later.

if it goes ahead i can see nothing but a win for the bears taking all the points :approve:

• Like 2

Hoping for at least a point for the Witches.

Wahooo well done the lads, 40 - 50 to the Witches!!!

• Like 2

What a result - get in the Witches!

As solid a team performance you could hope for away from home.

Take bow boys.

• Like 1

Fully deserved win for a very solid 1 - 7 Witches team.

Bears were never really at the races - Konopka had an absolute mare falling off in every race and the usual reliable Jan had his worst meeting of the season.

I'd try and convince myself it was an exercise in average lowering but sadly I don't think it was. Still changes are going to have to be made as performances like that at home aren't acceptable.

Track was patchy but given the weather that was understandable but it didn't stop a couple of excellent rides and overtakes by Tungate and Heeps in particular.

• Like 2

Certainly wasn't expecting that after our previous away performances, well done lads. Looks like they all turned up at the same time for once.

• Like 2

Got to say we were absolute crap tonight, I really didn't expect that

Konopka ? I don't think I've seen anything like that tonight, fell in every heat.

Can't blame the track as it's been a lot WORSE over the years but what I don't understand is winning away on Sunday then trounced at home ?

Tweet from Captain Ritchie Hawkins..

@rhr_211: Boys all pumped with that 1! Great to have @rohantungate turn up for an away match #witches #teamwork

Ouch

Fully deserved win for a very solid 1 - 7 Witches team.

Bears were never really at the races - Konopka had an absolute mare falling off in every race and the usual reliable Jan had his worst meeting of the season.

I'd try and convince myself it was an exercise in average lowering but sadly I don't think it was. Still changes are going to have to be made as performances like that at home aren't acceptable.

Track was patchy but given the weather that was understandable but it didn't stop a couple of excellent rides and overtakes by Tungate and Heeps in particular.

Agree with all of that, was very disappointing. I think tonight shows how reliant we have been on Jan. He has been excellent for us this year.

Ipswich were very solid, without anyone really looking outstanding. Tungate looked good and Heeps overtake of Jan in heat 14 was excellent. A fully deserved win for them.

Most of us with our glasses half full knew we'd start getting results when Rohan started getting points, hopefully he can keep it going. I trust this will stop the odd stupid mention of team changes, that was never going to happen with this team, there's not much wrong with it, when they all turn up and do what is expected of them.

Well done lads, just hope for the same on Sunday, but usually "Rosen" and "Henry" ride well against us. ( I hope that comment doesn't come back and bite me on the a*** )

Edited by spanner47