British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Berwick (pl) 23/05/14 19:30 Hrs

Again more good racing at Derwent park but unfortunately for us the bandits came out on top and rightly so easy the better team in the night Steen was the one to watch as first thought spoke to the guy afterwards and was a real nice fella.

Imo the lack of track time at home didn't help our lads however im positive about our team and believe we can do the job tommorow, will be there to back the lads.

I'm sure the bandits fans on bend 2 enjoyed their night ;-)

Here's to returning the favour.

• Like 2

Just back from Worky ,have to say all 7 bandits had there moment tonight,Steen was awesome and looking for his teammates all night,Claus did not take any prisoners (as usual).Liam gated and was on the pace keep Wells at the back for 3 laps..Kevin looked quicker than of late,decent match,not sure about Worky good Team on paper BUT.Cant believe how Wells is so poor,Definately just going through the motions in PL.Howarth is over riding and had a couple of dodgy moments .

A terrific performance from the bandits tonight....awesome stuff!

I must also mention the class of a few Workington fans who took the time to shake our hands at the end of the meeting and congratulate us on our win....proper speedway fans!

• Like 8

Great result and great race from Jensen in heat 14 going by updates

Great result and great race from Jensen in heat 14 going by updates

Jensen was great in all his races.

A terrific performance from the bandits tonight....awesome stuff!

I must also mention the class of a few Workington fans who took the time to shake our hands at the end of the meeting and congratulate us on our win....proper speedway fans!

Were you on bend 2? If so it's always good to see away support cheer their team imo adds to the atmosphere... Hope you enjoyed your win and had a safe trip back. Hope we can have our moment tommorow ;-)

That's a bitter disappointment, what on earth happened there?

Not able to be there tonight due to work but judging by the updates site it looked like off nights for a few too many Comets riders?

Any road up, looked to be a useful performance from the Bandits, served well again by Jensen at reserve and a better night from Vissing, clearly looks like they deserved the win so, fair play to them, very handy 4 pointer!! :t:

As for the Comets, well, I don't think we will have anyone quaking in their boots for the foreseeable, too many inconsistent performers at the moment and it does beg the question, are too many of our riders really trying for us or leaving the best of themselves in the EL. time will tell and for some that time could be shorter than they think? :sad:

Were you on bend 2? If so it's always good to see away support cheer their team imo adds to the atmosphere... Hope you enjoyed your win and had a safe trip back. Hope we can have our moment tommorow ;-)

Yes just off bend two. I was the guy with the jarek hampel cap on! Really enjoyed the meeting and hope we can finish the job tonight! That being said it wont be easy as Workington are a capable side round Berwick!
  • Like 1

We have had one small shower so far today

I know you meant the weather but turned out to be the team performance!

In all seriousness though it doesnt mean Worky are a bad side. Look at my Witches side who have regrouped after a an awful run to show real character.

Worky are more than capable of that but just not showing it right now.

I think it sums up the PL this year - there are a lot of really competitive sides and there will be plenty of this type of result.

• Like 2

Also wish to say a special mention to workyboy who I always catch up with at Derwent Park. ....top bloke!

Berwick`s away performances have been in-between shocking and embarrassing over the last few season, so a win at Workington is all the more remarkable. Good to see Liam Carr scoring, ok it was only a point but he didn't have to rely on someone else to get that point and remember the mightiest of oaks start off with a smallest seed. Steen Jensen has giving us a real sting in the tail, and long may it continue.

Well done to Berwick.

• Like 1

Wow!

Great to come back from a night out to see this result.

Everyone chipping in, and proving that a team with strength in depth rather than the big hitter at the top approach can be very effective.

Tonight will be tough though as the Comets go well around Shielfield.

It's a cracking start to the season and the Steen Machine is proving to be a great signing!

Berwick very good, Comets very poor pretty much sums up last night. For me only one Comet had a off-night that was Mason Campton, bar JG the rest who didn't score well haven't had many on-nights to be put in the category of having an off-night.

Josh G - Best rider on show, and probably our best since Stoney

Mason - Like I said he had an off-night, but has been very good so far so isn't a worry

Wells - Decent score, funny thing was he didn't quite look as good as his points tally in my opinion

Howarth - tries too hard, that's what you what but it just isn't working out for him at all, blew 3 points and a 5-1 in heat 3

Bach - Rene not too great again, so inconsistent and will probably never kick on and improve from where he's at now

Mills - Awful, maybe even worse than last season, nil points what more can you say

Morris - Looked pretty quick early on, is capable enough and is in the Howarth bracket of trying too hard

So wondering now if the promotion are looking at changes? If so, we've probably got 5 riders underperforming at the moment, that's everyone bar the Aussies. Howarth and Morris are both still under 21, capable and more than committed, Bach is now our asset and captain and really can't see him getting the boot.

That leaves Wells and Mills the ones to be sacrificed, it may be a little harsh on Wells, but as other people have mentioned is he all that committed anyways? Don't even need to comment on why Mills should go.

That would leave us nearly 11 points to get 2 riders in, this way we could strengthen with a 5 point reserve perhaps, the trouble is finding these riders, but if the right ones did come along in the next few weeks, I don't think we should hesitate in making them, as at the moment can anyone see this side winning the league?

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 1

marksman.. although it pains me to agree with you. i do echo your comments about wells and mills . its not going to happen for chris/ there is no wonder cure for his performances and ricky seems to put more effort into elite league racing. all the double up riders seem to save themselves for the big pay days.. ricky had the same trouble at sheffield, poor home form and ok away.maybe rosen/ henry and another reserve.

well done berwick. deserved winners..

Edited by jenga

My evaluation of our team last night was:

Josh G - Best rider on show, the only rider who wants to win seemingly.
Mason - Mechanical gremlins I would say cost him his points last night.
Wells - Decent score agreed but seemed like he was not fighting.
Howarth - Too wild and cost us deerly last night.
Bach - Still not 100% since his crash maybe, agree with others about his inconsistancy.
Mills - Its only a matter of time but who do you change him with??
Morris - Scored decently but needs to ride the right lines - especially at home.