British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Coventry (nl) - 26/05/14 (follows Pl Koc Match)

If teams weren't so keen on murdering scunny every week they would use different guests not big scorerers who will come and bully the little kids for easy pocket money so they reap what they sow regarding payment

with 6 x 3 pointers in the team does it make such a big difference??

maybe if your reporting is correct they will remove the points scored by the team?? :nono:

The fact that they have chosen to have six 3 pointers in the team is irrelevant, it is not an excuse to ignore the rules. I don't want any points deducted I just want everyone to abide by the same rules. If that's Scunthorpe's version then fine as long as it applies to everyone.

As for if I am correct it quite clearly states "Hiererarchical order is in accordance with the declaration of the team/s below" on each team declaration.

The fact that they have chosen to have six 3 pointers in the team is irrelevant, it is not an excuse to ignore the rules. I don't want any points deducted I just want everyone to abide by the same rules. If that's Scunthorpe's version then fine as long as it applies to everyone.

As for if I am correct it quite clearly states "Hiererarchical order is in accordance with the declaration of the team/s below" on each team declaration.

Have to agree with Jayne , it's a case of all abide with the rules or don't bother at all !

• Like 2

And in Scunthorpe's latest declared line-up, Reece Downes and Ryan MacDonald were 6 and 7, and that's why they rode yesterday at reserve, in accordance with the rulebook.

I thought you'd be trying to work with Scunthorpe, in trying to get a more reasonable points limit for future seasons (e.g. 35) to benefit both clubs. But all you want to do is try to pick holes with the Scunthorpe line-up. I've always been very impressed by the set-up at Buxton. But Jayne, I have found one or two of your comments on here disappointing.

Personally, what concerned me more yesterday was that one side was using a 40-plus year-old rider as a guest, rather then promoting one of their lads from their MDL line-up. Different teams have different agendas in this league, I accept that, but Coventry are running a second team to find stars of the future. Why book a guest in his 40s? They could have used a junior and still won the match comfortably.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 6

If teams weren't so keen on murdering scunny every week they would use different guests not big scorerers who will come and bully the little kids for easy pocket money so they reap what they sow regarding payment

fair call...

teams must know that they are going to win, and by a large margin when they race scunthorpe, therefore its an ideal opportunity to 'blood' some rookies themselves as guests to see if they too can unearth some potential talent out there..

would make a closer more competitive meeting too...

• Like 1

And in Scunthorpe's latest declared line-up, Reece Downes and Ryan MacDonald were 6 and 7, and that's why they rode yesterday at reserve, in accordance with the rulebook.

I thought you'd be trying to work with Scunthorpe, in trying to get a more reasonable points limit for future seasons (e.g. 35) to benefit both clubs. But all you want to do is try to pick holes with the Scunthorpe line-up. I've always been very impressed by the set-up at Buxton. But Jayne, I have found one or two of your comments on here disappointing.

Personally, what concerned me more yesterday was that one side was using a 40-plus year-old rider as a guest, rather then promoting one of their lads from their MDL line-up. Different teams have different agendas in this league, I accept that, but Coventry are running a second team to find stars of the future. Why book a guest in his 40s? They could have used a junior and still won the match comfortably.

All the best

Rob

If that is the case then fair enough but it hasn't reached other clubs yet and doesn't explain why it has been allowed in previous meetings. As for being disappointed so am I but that's life.

• Like 1

I don't think for one second that teams 'are keen on murdering Scunny every week' at all. I think it is more a case of an inevitable result of the team that Scunthorpe put out.

They aren't reaping what they have sown. They are reaping what Scunthorpe have sown.

I have little doubt that next season there will be a minimum points limit in the NL to prevent the financial damage that the Stags are inflicting on the rest of the league.

All the best

Rob

I don't agree with what Scunthorpe are doing and maintain that they are doing it at the expense of the rest of the league and at little cost - and almost certainly at a profit - to themselves.

Its very difficult to argue with what you have said there, though. The use of two guests was absolutely unnecessary and at least one MDL rider should have been given an opportunity.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I have little doubt that next season there will be a minimum points limit in the NL to prevent the financial damage that the Stags are inflicting on the rest of the league.

im not sure the Stags are inflicting financial damage,or should i say the opposition teams dont see that,Dudley refused to turn up for one date as they were missing a couple or riders,strong guest have been used also,look at this fixture, Coventry ,who were always going to win this meeting turned up with 2 very strong guests yet Layne Cupit was there looking for laps

If the financial burden was so great would teams openly increase the expenses when they know they are going to win??

Im not so sure

im not sure the Stags are inflicting financial damage,or should i say the opposition teams dont see that,Dudley refused to turn up for one date as they were missing a couple or riders,strong guest have been used also,look at this fixture, Coventry ,who were always going to win this meeting turned up with 2 very strong guests yet Layne Cupit was there looking for laps

If the financial burden was so great would teams openly increase the expenses when they know they are going to win??

Im not so sure

I agree shock of shocks

I do think a standard has been set and now teams are going up there with a scoreline in mind not to be seen as weaker than others who have been.

• Like 1

I do think a standard has been set and now teams are going up there with a scoreline in mind not to be seen as weaker than others who have been.

Well if that is the case no one can moan about the Stags being a financial burden

• Like 1

Well if that is the case no one can moan about the Stags being a financial burden

but you can't gauge 1 team on the whole league. As you say Coventry have an MDL team so it is a little shameful

Take a stepbackwards and do a little exercise that I did.... I got quite a shock! From the updates list the race times of every race 1 to 15 and name the winner in each race. BUT do this for both teams Scorpions and Stags then compare........Surely you will see as I did that times were very similar.....What I'm getting at is "A Stag didn't win a race but was on pace." The pace being of Prem standard." In fact there were faster times recorded in the N/L meeting. The Coventry winners could easily fit into the prem league side to leave N/ L for these youngsters to develope...Of all the speedway countries Britain need up and coming riders more than most!...British league racing is OK, but we all hope for Team GB to be competative in the International Competitions. Well I certainly do!

• Like 2

I don't agree with what Scunthorpe are doing and maintain that they are doing it at the expense of the rest of the league and at little cost - and almost certainly at a profit - to themselves.

"Financial damage " ?

How so, HT ? Paying out extra points money for a couple of fixtures, sure. But how else ? Will all the other teams "extra" match against the Stags show a loss after punters are frightened away by the prospect of a one sided affair? I think that this argument is a little overblown.