British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

I assumed VoR was referring to the eighties & nineties in the top division when we were more often than not toilet and scratching around at the bottom of the league.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

I don't have a problem with Poole Quay. People are already telling the difference on here as the Poole fans are congratulating Lynn and not looking for excuses which is how it should be

Well done to KL, enjoy your win, its 1 meeting but made the more enjoyable bcuz its at Poole. The Fordmeister wont like this one little bit, and remember nowts won in May, the problem Poole really have no control over is the draft system, and who they can bring in as there second draft rider, there options are very, very limited and unless someone in the NL who is without a team, starts banging in the points, i cant see how Poole can improve things.. Ben Wilson can he be a draft rider?.

Well the draft system seems to have done the job of the points limit in equalising teams!

Well I don't come on here much these days, cant be bothered with the likes of people like the one in exile Excellent result for Kings Lynn, disappointing for Poole, i'm sure Matt Ford will react to this, As several people have mentioned long way to go yet, but for now looks like our best chance of winning league since 2000. Remember Kings Lynn have never won the English 1st division, its been 50 years in the making, surely no one would begrudge a little success now and then would they ?

I certainly wouldn't. :t:

Really pleased with last nights result just waiting for the day that all the team click together :)

• Like 1

Amazing isnt it, Cookie protests that the tactical ride is unfair but has no problem with a team winning the league possibly finishing the regular season as low as 4th and maybe up to 10-15 points off what the team who came top did, how can one be unfair and the other not?

• Like 1

I am sure there will be many twists and turns between now the season's finale. For now, I just want to savour last nights victory. Like many have said Lynn have been around the top flight of British Speedway for many years and never really threatened to win it ( apart from the year of Crump & Adams). I dont think any Lynn fans are getting ahead of themselves about winning the play-offs. Objective One is to make the play-offs. Then lets see what our chances are from there. If we win the whole thing, great it will be a fantastic acheivement. If we dont, then so be it. At least we will have had a bloody good season.

I would Love to see a guy like Buster Chapman win the whole thing. He has put his heart and soul ( not to mention hard cash) Into Kings Lynn Speedway. How fitting it would be to see all that effort finally rewarded. Ok, that might be considered as Blowing smoke up his a55 a bit, but would anyone truely deny that the guy is fully deserving of such success ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 7

I assumed VoR was referring to the eighties & nineties in the top division when we were more often than not toilet and scratching around at the bottom of the league.

The idea though that we should all feel terribly sorry for you success starved KL fans isn't quite right. I remember you lot coming to Perry Barr and routinely destroying us on the way to another trophy, and I didn't feel any sympathy with you then or now ;)

Ah a Brum fan, say no more :D

• Like 1

Well the draft system seems to have done the job of the points limit in equalising teams!

I think some tracks - including Wolves have been caught out by the draft rider system with some riders not performing as well as they were expected to.

Wolfie

• Like 1

Kester, But did Lynn offer you entertainment ?

There was great entertainment in those meetings. We joined the PL in 2007 and, I think, it took us about 3 seasons to beat you at home. My fave meeting was in 2007, a Sunday evening as I recall, when we raced to a draw - it was a fantastic meeting with Sanchez having a blinder for us.

Did they offer you entertainment?

Edited by Kester

I enjoyed our Years in the Premeier League, by and large, the first and the last were maybe the least entertaining.

I enjoyed our Years in the Premeier League, by and large, the first and the last were maybe the least entertaining.

I think a lot of the problem was that many PL teams seemed to have given up on going to SR and putting in too much of an effort. I think the track got unnecessary stick from other teams fans - too grippy etc. I don't think it was 'too grippy', it was just prepared a particular way and it needed attacking (I do remember a real hotch-potch Brum team going there and picking up a win - Lee Smart, no less, scored a fair few) , and I think a lot of PL riders were beat before they even got there. So, I'm not surprised that dealing out weekly drubbings lost its lustre.

Speaking as a fan of another PL (at the time) team, it was nice to have a real powerhouse team like KL, it felt like a real event when Topinka and co were in town - you knew that if you beat them you'd ridden well.

• Like 6

There was times when It was expected for Lynn to Hit high 50's plus. A lot of away team Reserves use to come to Saddlebow and had difficulty even turning the bike. We saw some top riders develop. Batch & Ward to name but 2. Edinburgh Kindly let us have Nermark on a 6.5 point average one season, we had a tidy team that year. :D

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

There was times when It was expected to for Lynn to Hit high 50's plus. A lot of away team Reserves use to come to saddlebow and difficulty even turning the bike. We saw some top riders develop. Batch & Ward to name but 2. Edinburgh Kindly let us have Nermark on a 6.5 point average one season, we had a tidy team that year. :D

I thought it was Poole that made Ward a good rider? ;)