British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Monarchs Pl 29th May 7-30pm

So his attitude stinks because he is disappointed and annoyed that he didn't win? :rofl:

Just shows he is ambitious and wants to go out and win races nothing wrong with being angry and annoyed at getting beat.

Anyway disappointed we didn't get the win couple of falls cost us a point but still unbeaten after 14 matches. Hopefully we will make it 15 tomorrow against the tigs.

If He was ambitious, He would be in Poland every Sunday.

• Like 1

Cook is an absolute tool on and off the track, his ego makes Blackpool Tower look small :rolleyes: . Can't handle getting beat, to watch him struggle against Swindon, thought it might bring him down a peg or two.....obviously not going by his usual antics last night. Was a likeable lad when he first rode for Workington. Reached his peak in EL , never be anything other than a good 2 or 4 at that level, dream on Cookstar !!!! :P:approve:

Cant say i know the bloke so cant comment. All i can say is what i saw last night he has a very bad attitude, to bigheaded. That said i would like his scoring power in the Premier

I see there is No comment about cookie's interview.

We was very magnanimous about Risager after losing to him. Said he was a good rider and No disgrace losing to him.

Also read out a birthday dedication for a fan's 60th birthday.

Doesn't fit the agenda though does it?

• Like 2

Re the interview - very commendable.

Although I do seem to recall something along the lines of 'I made so many mistakes in that race I shouldve done what I did on the last lap earlier and I wouldve got past'

As for an agenda - lol.

I see there is No comment about cookie's interview.

We was very magnanimous about Risager after losing to him. Said he was a good rider and No disgrace losing to him.

Also read out a birthday dedication for a fan's 60th birthday.

Doesn't fit the agenda though does it?

did you hear the whole interview? said he made mistakes and if he had rode properly like he did in lap 4 he would have won. he is big headed ebd of discussion.

oh he read out a 60th birthday dedication what that has to do with being a sore loser is beyond me.

Jeez guys, you dropped points at home in a match you could have won. Three of your riders only scored six points between them on their home track and your biggest concern is Cook went to the pits without French kissing the winner!

Good to see your priorities are in order.

Concentrate on your own shortcomings and let us worry about the petulant one.

Yours sincerely

Mr Smug

Headinbra.

After 2 or 3 dismal showings for Belle Vue, I imagine that Cook is feeling the pressure, which goes some way towards explaining his frame of mind. Having said that, as someone has already said, he needs to grow up :wink:

Hey Ippo check your own glass house before breaking our windows......

Cookie can be petulant and is "struggling" at 5 with BV, I`d agree. No-one enjoys losing and there is a certain decorum with sprotsmanship in dangerous sports like ours.

No big deal if Cookie turned round rather than high five Ritchie and Tungate, i`m sure Ritchie will rib him on Monday in the Bv pits, as he would be entitled to.

Still some bad blood after last years handbags with Ben Bonkers I see, which is a pity.

Nevermind, if we meet in the playoffs Cookie will be sure to snog the main stand, and all available wall heaters, if requested in writing beforehand.

5 points from our 2 meetings is very acceptable

Come on witches fans, get over yourselves. So what if cook didn't acknowledge anyone, I've seen many of our riders not do it to. Maybe cook can be a bit grumpy, but that's because he expects more from himself. I would have him as my number 1 everyday. As has been said, maybe we should be paying more attention to our underperforming riders that were a let down.

• Like 6

Heeps has now become a big concern for me. Never saw this form coming in a million years after being so impressive last year.

Come on witches fans, get over yourselves. So what if cook didn't acknowledge anyone, I've seen many of our riders not do it to. Maybe cook can be a bit grumpy, but that's because he expects more from himself. I would have him as my number 1 everyday. As has been said, maybe we should be paying more attention to our underperforming riders that were a let down.

in my first after match post I did just that crediting Sneddon for the points haul he gained that our botton end didnt.

Cookgate only appeared later and although I have contributed to that part of the thread I agree it is of little consequence in comparison to the teams weaknesses.

On a side note, do many clubs take card payments? Just that last night at about 7.20pm there were probably a group of 10-12 being turned away and given directions to the nearest cash machine. (Tesco at Martlesham, which is a good 10 min drive) obviously not regulars but what a way to treat new supporters.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

If He was ambitious, He would be in Poland every Sunday.

If you ever spoke to craig you would know why he isn't riding abroad. :t:

If you ever spoke to craig you would know why he isn't riding abroad. :t:

What he doesn't like flying? :o:drink:

Cookie is top drawer and expects nothing but the best from himself. When he loses he is mad at himself, I think he felt his performance probably cost monarchs the win and is not happy with 2nd best. I have seen him shake hands with riders after losing on many occasions (well he doesn't lose that many).

He's going through a bad patch at the moment and has still upped his average from the end of last season to 10.70. At the dale tonight he said he has had problems with his clutch but tried something different tonight which worked much better. He got the track record in ht1 and was only 0.1 off the old track record in heat 15. Hopefully that will be the turn around he requires.

I wouldn't swap him for any other rider racing in Britain.

• Like 4